Guns International

Deciding if you want to get into motorcycles?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    His memory is NOT like mine....no worries there, lol.

ETA: Now any new employees would not know me,...
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Jared, you can learn to ride on my Ducati 1098R. it has traction control so it will be easy...

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    You gonna drop him on a duck? Wow.
    My neighbors across the street for the last 15 years (just moved out) were incredible gearheads. Gassers, muscle cars, rods, full-on 1930s restorations. They had literally hundreds of thousands of dollars of rare parts on the walls of their garage.

The youngest son wanted to ride but dad's Harley was too boring. He chose a Ducati. I don't remember the model, only that it was just under a liter of displacement. That lasted about 3 months. He loved the bike but he said it just required too much focus to ride. If he thought about what was on the side of the road, he was headed toward it.

He graduated to a couple of different bikes, including a Harley, before he graduated college and started making lots of money. Now he collects muscle cars. He buys, drives for a while, sells, and gets another.

Starting on a Ducati takes a special kind of person and I know I was never anywhere near that special.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    They're not much fun anywhere, unless you think sitting on your balls is a good time...

That's how I felt after a year of ownership of my first bike, a 600cc crotch rocket. Another year after that of little riding, I sold it. I think I'd rather have a sport cruiser like a Ducati Monster or Hypermotard if I ever buy another.

TrevX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    riding is fun, was kind of a quick deal for me. I rode for about 2-3 years and got addicted to track days, and then got my cmra license to race, but then just got out of it. It's a very expensive hobby, unless you just commute to work and like to be boring.

I am an adrenaline junkie....lol. Riding is very fun though, and if I ever came across some money again I'd buy another bike real quick.

If you are near the houston area, ridesmart is a good group of people and I believe you can rent bikes and 1pc suits/gear from them for a trackday, and they have beginner trackdays which will run you through the basics and you can putt-putt around the track depending on the group composition.:)

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I've always liked motorcycles and scooters but never really could get a nack for riding them. I would buy one, fall a couple times, say "screw this" and sell it at a loss because I messed it up. Well I finally bought a sidecar rig. I remember wanting one since I was about 6 years old; one just like the bad guy's in Indiana Jones, lol... I figure the sidecar reduces my chance of falling by 50% ;)

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Taking the BRC this weekend at Boss Boss Cycles in Houston since they're the closest place that offers a course I would be able to attend before the end of next month. Any suggestions?

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    I've always liked motorcycles and scooters but never really could get a nack for riding them. I would buy one, fall a couple times, say "screw this" and sell it at a loss because I messed it up. Well I finally bought a sidecar rig. I remember wanting one since I was about 6 years old; one just like the bad guy's in Indiana Jones, lol... I figure the sidecar reduces my chance of falling by 50% ;)

Dude, you might want to give up the hobby altogether :p You sound like a walking disaster waiting to happen :o

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Taking the BRC this weekend at Boss Boss Cycles in Houston since they're the closest place that offers a course I would be able to attend before the end of next month. Any suggestions?

Listen to the instructors and have fun at the class? That's about it.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central

Bring water. If it gets hot and your wearing.gear driving around in.a parking lot for.several hours you will need it. Make.sure.your foot wear is appropriate and comfortable. The.most important is to have fun!

Top Bottom