• ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Trees? What are those, lol?
    Your ID says Kaufman County, thus I assumed it was Kaufman, TX since there really isn't much else there.

Um...Kaufman isn't even the biggest town in the county...and thankfully I don't live in either of the larger ones, either.

Back to the boots, it's damned hard these days to find decent boots that fit right and don't cost a mint. Especially if they need to stand up to not being pampered.
    DK Firearms

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Cowboy boots and Warren Buffett He bought Acme Brick who owned the Justin label. Next was Nocona. Chippewa, Tony Lama and Double H.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Personally, I only wear custom-made boots.
    Being in El Paso, there are a lot of boot makers here. I get the pair of boots and the matching belt for around $350.

So many in fact, that I wouldn't be caught dead with Justin or Ariat boots on... lol
    Sounds like I need to visit El Paso sometime.

Who is a good custom shop there?

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Still looking. The ones Boulet makes look nice and fits what I want. I'm kind of leaning towards the 1828. I was hoping to stay under $200 since I am looking for a pair of shitkickers, not dress boots, but at this point I'm just fed up with not being able to find what I want.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Brought home a pair of "Durango Ostrich" boots.

Decent boots and I like them. They are a FAR cry in quality and construct from a similar looking pair of Tony Lamas. For the price difference, a good deal.

Now the trouble.

My better half noticed another pair of boots.

Sometimes she would ask, "How many guns do you need?" and I would reply with "How many shoes do you need?"

My better half got another notch on her pistol today.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    These are my work boots, bought locally.
    I’m a fan.

93A9089F-0573-4346-83A3-893D3E016E04.png

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Sounds like I need to visit El Paso sometime.

Who is a good custom shop there?
    >

Back agout age 60, my feet were really hurting late in the day. I discovered that my feet had grown a full size in length & in width.

I wound-up having t toss out 3 pair of M L Ledy’s and a pair of unworn Danner mountain hunters, plus a big stack of shes.

Some lesson there. . . . . .

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    >

Back agout age 60, my feet were really hurting late in the day. I discovered that my feet had grown a full size in length & in width.

I wound-up having t toss out 3 pair of M L Ledy’s and a pair of unworn Danner mountain hunters, plus a big stack of shes.

I keep promising my wife the same can happen with my dick...

LOL!

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    I looked into Tecovas. They're well made boots, but are only meant to be dress/casual boots from what I understand.

Good take.

They are indeed very well constructed.

They are not work boots. They are not hunting boots.

They do make some very good boots for working with horses.

Shafts tend to be very narrow on their boots.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    >
    AMEN !

When one considers price, fit, and quality; M. Leddy’s are hard to beat.

I’ve had several pair, I only quit wearing them b/c of progressive arthritis in both feet.

leVieux
    >

Yes, once they make your last, they have “specials”, like sales. I once got two really nice pair for about $1K.

leVieux

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Was cleaning out the closet and found an old pair of classic Tony Lama boots I had bought at a thrift shop 20 years ago. an old guy passed away and his family donated a lot of his stuff to this church thrift shop. The Tony Lamas were in like new condition with almost zero wear; I paid $50 for them and wore them almost daily for a couple of years then put thrm aside when I bought another 5 pair of Lucchese, Dan Post snd Justin boots.

When I saw the old Tony Lamas I slipped them on and couldn’t believe how comfortable they were. They are a EE width and fit great with thick socks so they are oerfect for the winter. I know the boots are 30-40 years old and they were made in the old school way. I am glad to have them back.

SgtStreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2023
    Crowey
    I wear size 13 and it’s always been hard to get a good looking quality boot tecovas has always been good to me. The price is a little much but they outlast my other boots by 3x.

Colonel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Houston, 3rd Rock
    >

just wondering… Where do you stack your shes? LOL

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    >

Yes, once they make your last, they have “specials”, like sales. I once got two really nice pair for about $1K.

leVieux

Good price for custom boots. My only custom pair were $1200.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Was cleaning out the closet and found an old pair of classic Tony Lama boots I had bought at a thrift shop 20 years ago. an old guy passed away and his family donated a lot of his stuff to this church thrift shop. The Tony Lamas were in like new condition with almost zero wear; I paid $50 for them and wore them almost daily for a couple of years then put thrm aside when I bought another 5 pair of Lucchese, Dan Post snd Justin boots.

When I saw the old Tony Lamas I slipped them on and couldn’t believe how comfortable they were. They are a EE width and fit great with thick socks so they are oerfect for the winter. I know the boots are 30-40 years old and they were made in the old school way. I am glad to have them back.
    The old Tony Lamas are something special.

It's unfortunate.

Most men in this "nation" will go their whole life without having a pair of real cowboy boots....such a shame.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    A relative had an old farm and I used to go out there in the summer to put up hay and such. I remember farmers talking about someone that was always short of money and one of the old farmers would just say, "Well, they're horse people." Everyone would nod their heads and move along with the conversation. It took me awhile and a few questions before I understood that the implication was that the horses cost a fortune and the people loved their horses despite the fact that they couldn't afford them, and that kept them broke.

I've got one old pair of boots left and I rarely wear them for fear they'll wear out and I'll have to buy new ones. When you have large feet, it's tough to find shoes anyway. If I find a pair that fit, I can order new ones online, but stores just don't stock anything large. I think they use the average foot size in the area and there's a lot of small people, ethnically.

I see a lot of ads for Tecovas and they seem reasonably priced. Anyone try them?

Years ago I worked with a guy from El Paso. When he'd go home to visit his folks (about once a year), people would give him cash to buy boots because it was a lot cheaper than in Houston.
    just wondering… Where do you stack your shes? LOL
    B/C I had/have a very hard to find size, I must buy them when available, can’t wait until I need them. I generally go through 1 r deck shoes, 2 or 3 pr water sandals, 2 pr athletic shoes, & 1 r hiking boots per year. I keep a niumber in rotation. Hunting boots last longer at my age. sonce the COVID “supply chain problems”, I haven’t been able to find hiking boots n my size, so I’m almost down to my last pair. I watch Zappos, Shoes.com, Cabela’s, LL Bean, etc. regularly. I haven;t bought western boots in 30 years, but I do have one pair of roper style left.

Top Bottom