Not open for further replies.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Why the ammo panic buying over the virus scare?

Serious question..............

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Why the ammo panic buying over the virus scare?

Serious question..............
    What ammo buying panic? Are you making reference to the one dealer who said there was a huge increase in sales and then the article that claimed it is due to COVID-19 - or are there other dealers now claiming the same?

Last edited:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Reasonably priced 9mm (and some other common calibers) are in short supply at all our distributors....SG Ammo and other online ammo sellers are saying sales are out the roof.........

Folks were in today buying ammo saying the shelves at the Academy stores in Corpus are empty......and we are going through ammo quick too.....

So it's either the virus or something driving it........what is it?

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Went to dinner tonight, newish "upscale" Mexican joint. Manager came over and introduced himself, shook my hand. Didn't offer me a Corona tho.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    My cardiologist told my GF that I should be eating 1/4 cup of pineapple, at least every other day, to help boost my immune system.

Pina Colada?

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Reasonably priced 9mm (and some other common calibers) are in short supply at all our distributors....SG Ammo and other online ammo sellers are saying sales are out the roof.........

Folks were in today buying ammo saying the shelves at the Academy stores in Corpus are empty......and we are going through ammo quick too.....

Elections are coming up... We just added another 1,000 rounds of 9mm to the stash. Damn, that stuff gets used up fast.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States

Because the ultimate currency during shortages is ammunition. :D

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I just perused the CDC site for their latest info.

"We don't know" was the suffused sentiment.

I also just got back from the Saxet show.
    I know a whole bunch of people there.
    I quickly got over the awkwardness of not shaking, as I usually do, their outstretched hands.
    Shaking hands is not the problem. It's the touching of our own faces that is the transmission issue!
    I went to the hamfest instead. Not many people were shaking hands, but nobody cared if you squirted up with sanitizer. I hit mine ever few or several minutes. Even not shaking many hands, I was touching enough gear that I had no idea what i'd be sharing. And most of it was dusty any way.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Well, this is not going to help:
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/328-...der?itm_source=parsely-api?utm_source=cnemail
    Am I the only one wondering how these "nationals" get from China to Mexico? It feels like there is much going on that we are not being told.
    For example, the "tracker web dashboard" shows twice the number of deaths in the US as "recovered". That seems a bit bothersome...

Coronavirus aside, that's the most disturbing thing about NOT closing down hard our southern border. It's not landscapers I'm worried about......although there should be zero.....it's the more nefarious.

I used to hunt on a ranch owned by a guy who had thousands of acres and had some illegals working his various operations. One guy was a tremendously hard worker and kept things running smoothly and he always told him if he got deported, that if he could find his way back via coyote or whatever means, that the rancher would cover his cost. This was at least 15-20 years ago and not arguing right or wrong, but just making a point. Well, one day it happened and they got raided and he was deported along with a few others.

Few months later, his hand shows back up and is ready to resume his duties. The rancher asked him how he made it back and turns out he was smuggled across with a dozen others. The rancher asked if they were all Mexican and the response was just him and one other. The rest were all either Asian or middle eastern......coming in through our southern border with Mexico. Opens your eyes and makes you think when you hear shit like that.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Aw hell. My daughter is sick. Fever for 24 hours, just progressed to a cough. No idea what it is, absolutely no particular indication that it's covid19, but now I'm concerned.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Aw hell. My daughter is sick. Fever for 24 hours, just progressed to a cough. No idea what it is, absolutely no particular indication that it's covid19, but now I'm concerned.
    Keep us posted. I expect much runaround from doctors and health department.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Coronavirus aside, that's the most disturbing thing about NOT closing down hard our southern border. It's not landscapers I'm worried about......although there should be zero.....it's the more nefarious.

I used to hunt on a ranch owned by a guy who had thousands of acres and had some illegals working his various operations. One guy was a tremendously hard worker and kept things running smoothly and he always told him if he got deported, that if he could find his way back via coyote or whatever means, that the rancher would cover his cost. This was at least 15-20 years ago and not arguing right or wrong, but just making a point. Well, one day it happened and they got raided and he was deported along with a few others.

Few months later, his hand shows back up and is ready to resume his duties. The rancher asked him how he made it back and turns out he was smuggled across with a dozen others. The rancher asked if they were all Mexican and the response was just him and one other. The rest were all either Asian or middle eastern......coming in through our southern border with Mexico. Opens your eyes and makes you think when you hear shit like that.
    As long as they vote democrat

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom