Not open for further replies.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

As I've said on this forum repeatedly, I have an old American-born school chum who is now a well-known doctor & owner of several hospitals in the Shanghai, China vicinity.
    (We all call her "Mei-Mei", as her real name is HARD to pronounce.)

Her latest "mass email" to alumni is that:
    1. MORE people in China have died from the "regular flu" since Dec 2019 than have contracted Covid-19.
    (She said that 50-60 thousand people die each "flu season" from the "Winter Flu".)
    2. Most people who contract Covid-19 will NEVER know that they are "positive" for the virus, unless they are tested in a quality lab.
    3. The ONLY patients in her family's hospitals who are very ill are either:
    A. Over 65YO & who have a chronic illness already
    or
    B. Persons who have a "badly compromised immune system" due to HIV, treatment with immunity system -suppressing drugs or already have another similar chronic malady.
    AND
    4. Mei-Mei believes that the current "media hysteria" about a "possible pandemic" like the Pandemic of 1918-19 is intended to "scare the unwary members of the general public to death", so that they can SELL more advertising in print & broadcast media outlets.
    (She is at least as cynical about politicians, government "experts" & the "mass media" as I am. = VERY cynical.)

yours, satx
    Target Sports

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mei-Mei twice, twice....

ZX9RCAM,

And your point is?? = Do you HAVE a point or did you just want to post a meaningless comment to the thread??
    (Chinese nicknames, in case that you don't know, generally are "doubled".)

Btw, when I was in grad school, I had a Chinese-American classmate who was charming, extremely beautiful & VERY "well-endowed", whose appropriate nickname was: "YUM-YUM".
    (As I was married in those long ago days/DAZE, all that I could do, without causing "a jealous screaming-fit" from a certain blond, was "enjoy the view of the mountains".)

yours, satx

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    ZX9RCAM,

And your point is?? = Do you HAVE a point or did you just want to post a meaningless comment to the thread??
    (Chinese nicknames, in case that you don't know, generally are "doubled".)

Btw, when I was in grad school, I had a Chinese-American classmate who was charming, extremely beautiful & VERY "well-endowed", whose appropriate nickname was: "YUM-YUM".
    (As I was married in those long ago days/DAZE, all that I could do, without causing "a jealous screaming-fit" from a certain blond, was "enjoy the view of the mountains".)

yours, satx

I never have a point to make, I figured most knew that.
    Did you realize that you had "double posted"?

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    The lunacy is in Texas too. Stopped at a Dollar General and the manager was telling everyone that there is no toilet paper or hand sanitizer in Dallas. Her sources?

- a YouTube video that showed the sign of an Econo Lodge motel being painted over in Black in Seattle with the claim this was to be used as emergency quarantine facilities

It doesnt take much to make the sheep stampede
    That was reported on the news two days ago as taking place somewhere, but I forget where. A couple or few hotels were taken over for quarantine facilities. In addition, some empty lots ere reportedly going to be used to place mobile quarantine units on them.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    94861794689024_n.png?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=2lySEYDrCCMAX9rvbFl&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.png

Attachments

• 94861794689024_n.png?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=2lySEYDrCCMAX9rvbFl&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.png
      94861794689024_n.png?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=2lySEYDrCCMAX9rvbFl&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.png
      207 KB · Views: 287

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Like many of you, I’m beginning to doubt the seriousness of this “pandemic”

Good video here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pronstar,

From the "get go", I've suspected (I'm NOT a physician NOR do I play one on TV.) that the "whole big deal" was yet another in a LONG list of "mass media LIES" like the Richard Jewell NONSENSE, "Duke University Lacrosse Team Rape Case", "Allar Apples", "Frankenfish in FL" & a HOST of other exaggerations, miss-reporting & spewing of OUTRIGHT LIES onto the public airwaves & in print media.

yours, satx

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009

In my mind, this is the problem. We've got a new disease, that no one is resistant to yet, that spread apparently very easily, and when new cases are announced, we just get what city they're from and where they traveled to recently.

If the government was serious about stopping the spread, they would be announcing what flight he was on, what all stores he had visited since his return with the dates, etc.

Even if this is no worse than the regular flu. I don't want the regular flu either. If this one spreads easier, how about helping the rest of us not catch it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom