• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Keep us posted. I expect much runaround from doctors and health department.

Docs criteria to do testing has become much less stringent.
    They can test much easier.
    That solves one problem.

The USA has but a fraction of the number of testing kits that will be needed.
    That presents another problem.

If the Chinese data is to be believed....
    If you have Coronavirus there is a 39% chance the test will say you do not have it.
    That is a worse problem.
    Guns International

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Aw hell. My daughter is sick. Fever for 24 hours, just progressed to a cough. No idea what it is, absolutely no particular indication that it's covid19, but now I'm concerned.

That sux. I’m sorry you’ve had another stressor added to life. Fever and cough aren’t necessarily KungFlu. It’s seasonal allergy time with Cedar and every tree in the area acting like hormonal teenagers on spring break. Get her seen by a doc ASAP. Everyone in our household is down with ear or sinus infections.

Keep her out of school while she is running a fever.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    The lunacy is in Texas too. Stopped at a Dollar General and the manager was telling everyone that there is no toilet paper or hand sanitizer in Dallas. Her sources?

- a woman who bought four 12 packs of toilet paper who said she was taking them to her daughter in Dallas who said there was no toilet paper there

- a YouTube video that showed the sign of an Econo Lodge motel being painted over in Black in Seattle with the claim this was to be used as emergency quarantine facilities

- a customer that came in yesterday and mentioned she had just returned from a cruise. This one supposedly contaminated the whole store with her presence.

It doesnt take much to make the sheep stampede

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Keep us posted. I expect much runaround from doctors and health department.
    I work pretty closely with a few people in the county heath department, including the "second in command". They hop red tape by contacting us directly, and we play nice with them... if it needs to, that's going to work both ways.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Something else my cardiologist told my GF.
    If the store is out of hand sanitizer, these items work in a pinch....

20200309_081846.jpg

Attachments

• 20200309_081846.jpg
      20200309_081846.jpg
      992.7 KB · Views: 346

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    We made it back Colorado just fine yesterday. @jordanmills hope your daughter gets well soon. The wife of the guy who’s retirement we went to is the head of pediatric nursing at Colorado Children’s Hospital. We were talking about the impact coronavirus has had on her specialty and her hospital in general and she mentioned that this particular strain hasn’t really impacted children very much to date, which is good news. She did mention they’ve fired more than several employees (to include medical staff) for stealing masks and disinfectant from the hospital.

We travelled through two international airports in cities of 1M+ populations this trip and had the chance to talk with different people on their perspective of what’s going on.

We saw exactly one person wearing a mask of any kind. It was a lady who appeared to be in her late 40s, and she was doing her damnedest to avoid everyone. She used her elbow to push open doors and was wearing what appeared to be fashionable gardening gloves.

Most of the people we talked to couldn’t connect the hysteria on TV/social media with what they see in daily life. For example, one older couple had visited Costco in COS on Friday and said it was normal except for a sign limiting the amount of TP a customer could purchase.

We stopped at HEB in Leon Springs last night on our way home and they were out of TP and hand sanitizer and had purchase limits on them. I asked when they expected more and they said they’re restocking from every truck that comes in.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    So far the US death rate has been 3.88%

I am not comforted by that arithmetic!

Ted Cruz is self-quarantined after interacting with a known infectee!!!
    https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...ruz-under-self-quarantine-over-covid-19-fears
    I have read several credible sources that the fatality rate is exaggerated by the fact that for most folks the symptoms are so mild they never go to the doc. So they are not included in the "infected" stats. This makes the fatality rate inflated.

I have come to the conclusion that this is not any worse than any other bug going around. This is being driven by media hysteria. And in the US the MSM and liberals are trying to create a crisis to have an excuse to bash Trump.

I am not sweating this. I am probably buying some oil company stock, however...

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I have read several credible sources that the fatality rate is exaggerated by the fact that for most folks the symptoms are so mild they never go to the doc. So they are not included in the "infected" stats. This makes the fatality rate inflated.

I have come to the conclusion that this is not any worse than any other bug going around. This is being driven by media hysteria. And in the US the MSM and liberals are trying to create a crisis to have an excuse to bash Trump.

I am not sweating this. I am probably buying some oil company stock, however...
    I think it spreads a little more easily, and it's a little worse for older people, but that's about it. And yeah, stocks are going to be on sale this week.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You are perhaps correct. I read this earlier today (don't really trust the source, but it quotes actual docs):
    https://www.bloombergquint.com/poli...s-fatal-tipping-point-when-lungs-are-inflamed
    One of the docs compares the whole thing to the flu.
    Good read.

About 10-15% of mild-to-moderate patients progress to severe and of those, 15-20% progress to critical. Patients at highest risk include people age 60 and older and those with pre-existing conditions such as hypertension, diabetes and cardiovascular disease.

So only about 1.5 to 3% of the reported cases progress to critical.

And as with any other flu, virus, etc. the greatest risk are those who already have health issues.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    I have read several credible sources that the fatality rate is exaggerated by the fact that for most folks the symptoms are so mild they never go to the doc. So they are not included in the "infected" stats. This makes the fatality rate inflated. ...
    ....and the nursing home incident. Not fair to the math to waltz through a nursing home with this infection and then turn around to say look at how high the rate is.

When doing the math i feel the nursing home incident of -9- should be considered as -1- (and there will be more from there)

This puts the percentile right back into worldwide perspective of 2ish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member