• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Actual infections disease docs treating patients with this protocol see very few cardiac issues develop. Its a known side effect so they test and monitor for it. They have said it at least a dozen times in the interviews I've seen.

well its good to know I am not the only ignorant person that gets info from other than CNN
    Texas SOT

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    When treating an illness or disease, sometimes side effects are part of what happens.

Some people experience the greater degree of them, and some to a lesser degree.

Sometimes the side effects are worse than the illness or disease being treated.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    ara44if1hku41.png

Attachments

• ara44if1hku41.png
      ara44if1hku41.png
      78.9 KB · Views: 201

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Our institution is largely pulling it. We will probably figure this out in a couple years what the right decision was.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I'm not a doctor, or in the medical field in any way. My closest association with medicine would be my old Boy Scout first aid merit badge!

But, I have I hope is common sense. In most illnesses, the earlier the detection of the illness, and the earlier the treatment starts, the higher the chances for recovery become.

While the reverse is true too. Later detection, and treatment started in the latter stages of the illness, and the treatment being more aggressive, usually leads to much lower odds of remission, or recovery.

I'm not an expert on the CV, but I suspect it's no different than any other disease and it's treatment protocols.
    What you said is basically true except that there is no treatment for covid-19 & many other viral diseases. The only treatment we provide is what we call supportive care. Meaning, if you can't breathe we can breathe for you if you're dehydrated we can rehydrate you, and if your kidneys quit working we can replace them with dialysis. We can even temporarily replace your heart and lungs. But, your body has to win the battle. We can just buy time for your body.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    What you said is basically true except that there is no treatment for covid-19 & many other viral diseases. The only treatment we provide is what we call supportive care. Meaning, if you can't breathe we can breathe for you if you're dehydrated we can rehydrate you, and if your kidneys quit working we can replace them with dialysis. We can even temporarily replace your heart and lungs. But, your body has to win the battle. We can just buy time for your body.

So you are saying that all the people reporting that some drug cocktails are helping patients or patients that have taken drug combos and feel it helped them are just full of it and its a placebo effect.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    So you are saying that all the people reporting that some drug cocktails are helping patients or patients that have taken drug combos and feel it helped them are just full of it and its a placebo effect.
    Not quite. It's basically a survival of the fittest situation. Let's say a certain chemical cocktail harms you a little bit. But, what you're sick with is winning and you'll certainly die. But, that chemical cocktail really harms the shit out of what is killing you, allowing your body to win the fight.

That, friends, is medicine. The medicine doesn't fix anything, it just brings a bigger stick the fight. Your body still has to pick it up and use it.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    No. That's not what I said.

Addressing your post, reports of success don't matter. Reports and testimonials are how snake oil is sold. To definitively say medicines work requires large randomized controlled studies.

In a situation like COVID-19 we use the best information available. There is only weak evidence available regarding medications for COVID-19. In those cases we use judgement to decide what to do.

The evidence is weak in that we don't really know if the medicine worked or the people would have gotten better anyway in the same time frame. It's also possible that some meds help some people but aren't reliable across a large range of people. The reports you mentioned are not a placebo effect. A placebo is an inert sugar pill. The patients weren't given a placebo, they were given a real med. We just don't know if it worked or not.

Notice I didn't pick a side before you accuse me of anything. I just explained the situation.

ETA: There are also studies showing no benefit with various different drugs used to treat COVID-19. We cannot ignore studies that don't support what we hope is true.

Last edited:

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    This is exactly what I thought when everyone started talking about vaccines and cures coming out for coronavirus.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    This is exactly what I thought when everyone started talking about vaccines and cures coming out for coronavirus.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Vaccines may be possible. Cures are less likely. We have some anti-viral meds but they're not as reliable as antibiotics. Viruses are still very difficult for us to treat beyond supportive care.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    While trying to bet the weather report on TV I instead saw mayor Adler, a judge and another lady I did not know answering questions, apparently from viewers. I only heard the end of the judges answer. She was saying something about herd immunity not being a good option because thousands would die in the 5 county area around Austin. They then went to another question and I changed the channel. What i inferred from what little i saw is that they're wanting to keep this stay at home till there is a vaccine or treatment. Has anyone heard anything of the like?

In my bubble, the hospital system i work for is planning on ramping up the number of procedures we do starting next week.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    This guy wants us all to pay a lot more taxes to cover the gov having to fix the economy. So a problem we didn’t create, we have to pay for, yet again.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/23/leo...pitalism-forever-and-taxes-have-to-go-up.html
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/23/leo...pitalism-forever-and-taxes-have-to-go-up.html
    Really and truly should have been a run on rope. With the fuckery that is spawning from this you should not be able to find rope of any size and material anywhere in the US.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom