• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    What you said is basically true except that there is no treatment for covid-19 & many other viral diseases. The only treatment we provide is what we call supportive care. Meaning, if you can't breathe we can breathe for you if you're dehydrated we can rehydrate you, and if your kidneys quit working we can replace them with dialysis. We can even temporarily replace your heart and lungs. But, your body has to win the battle. We can just buy time for your body.

I can attest that this statement is on target and that all of the press about the various drug cocktails are mostly hype and efforts by the media to offer fresh click bait and/or viewers.

I have mentioned in other threads that my granddaughter, who is a nurse at the Mayo Clinic, contracted the virus almost 30 days ago and was extremely ill. The doctors at the Mayo prescribed monitored bed rest, liquids and Acetaminophen. The fact that she was young and strong put her out of the high risk category and her treatment plan was done accordingly. She experienced ups and downs for almost three weeks and then recovered to the point where she was feeling better and up/around. Unfortunately, her two retests at weeks 3 and 4 have both remained positive which shows that her body is still producing antibodies to fight off the remaining viral infection in her body.

The point is, that I would put my trust in how the Mayo Clinic treats one of their own nurses over all of the hype and snake oil we are seeing spread all over CNN and its incestuous relatives. A high risk patient with serious respiratory or cardiac issues would be different, but it would be the pre existing conditions that are the danger, not the virus bringing on cardiac are respiratory conditions. Just think of driving a car with bald tires over a road paved with loose, sharp rocks and having a blow out. It is not the rocks that cause the blow out, but the tires that were in poor condition. This does not mean that, if you have good tires on your vehicle, that you would have any serious problems driving across the road other than a rough and noisy ride.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Ok, now that I have that out of the way, here is yet one more article with a decent explanation of why the retail gurus and the fear mongers are leading the sheeple down the lilly path.

I have been telling folks this since day one, but I have given up and just leave it here in case anyone wants to share it with one of your wooly compadres.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/22/why-we...g-coronavirus/ __________________

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Ok, now that I have that out of the way, here is yet one more article with a decent explanation of why the retail gurus and the fear mongers are leading the sheeple down the lilly path.

I have been telling folks this since day one, but I have given up and just leave it here in case anyone wants to share it with one of your wooly compadres.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/22/why-we...g-coronavirus/ __________________

Nobody believes that since the CDC spent a month telling people masks were worthless before doing a 180 and saying “Well, you really should wear them though”.

That said, I think it’s inaccurate to say “gloves make it worse”. A more accurate line would be “learn how to take off your fucking gloves. It’s not that hard”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Just left a message for Cruz and my Rep. My kids and grandkids are spending all this “necessary” money on these stimulus packages and we aren’t getting anything in return. Why don’t we sneak some things into these bills? I suggested NFA and Hayes Amendments along with HPA. Can’t we play a little dirty, just once?

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    bc00a1c0ccfb8a9cfa9588a6de9b100e85e1e58a3b6b9a0c23deb97e4cfcdb56.png

Attachments

• bc00a1c0ccfb8a9cfa9588a6de9b100e85e1e58a3b6b9a0c23deb97e4cfcdb56.png
      bc00a1c0ccfb8a9cfa9588a6de9b100e85e1e58a3b6b9a0c23deb97e4cfcdb56.png
      102.7 KB · Views: 274

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Along the line of the omnipotent CDC giving us the real, data driven facts on the virus, I checked their site again today and see little change in the basic transmission conclusions:

Person-to-person spread
    The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.

• Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
    • Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes or talks.
    • These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
    • Some recent studies have suggested that COVID-19 may be spread by people who are not showing symptoms.
    Maintaining good social distance (about 6 feet) is very important in preventing the spread of COVID-19.

So, after several months and hundreds of millions of dollars, the best these monkeys can come up with is "thought, can, may and suggested" and yet they conclude that social distancing is the answer.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Just left a message for Cruz and my Rep. My kids and grandkids are spending all this “necessary” money on these stimulus packages and we aren’t getting anything in return. Why don’t we sneak some things into these bills? I suggested NFA and Hayes Amendments along with HPA. Can’t we play a little dirty, just once?

Why not?

Nancy thinks tax payer funded abortions should be added to the stimulus bill.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    You can't make this shit up.
    You really can't. Is it just me, or does it seem like every single thing they've thrown at this thing has kicked its ass?

* Nicotine
    * Melatonin
    * Hydroxychloroquine
    * Convalescent Plasma
    * Staring at it with the death glare

Okay, I made that last one up. But there has been a LOT of success.

Now the resident epidemiological genius can straighten me out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom