• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    eptic-tank-must-be-emptied-once-a-month-a-custom-made-full-of-shit-alarm-lights-up-when-its-time.jpg

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimages%2Fe058a0f88cff90d8b63a052e8626ceb7%2Ftenor.gif
    Lynx Defense

Attachments

• eptic-tank-must-be-emptied-once-a-month-a-custom-made-full-of-shit-alarm-lights-up-when-its-time.jpg
      eptic-tank-must-be-emptied-once-a-month-a-custom-made-full-of-shit-alarm-lights-up-when-its-time.jpg
      50.1 KB · Views: 244
    • ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimages%2Fe058a0f88cff90d8b63a052e8626ceb7%2Ftenor.gif
      ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimages%2Fe058a0f88cff90d8b63a052e8626ceb7%2Ftenor.gif
      2.5 MB · Views: 293

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    @HKShooter65 Is a physician? He said the other week it was medical consulting. And I could have sworn months ago he said he was in academia. Now, he could be a doctor that teaches and does medical consulting on the side. I’m not gonna call the man a liar, but something doesn’t add up.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I seem to remember him saying he was a consultant.......
    I got ninja.......oh wait, that might be racist.....
    Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    This is medicine.
    This is science.
    Imperfect but the best we have.

I'm sure some of you will dispute the "science" of the VA study released today that seems to indicate that hydroxychloroquine, a drug prematurely and inapropriately touted as a COVID treatment, caused more deaths that it prevented.

Here:
    The VA study.
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.16.20065920v1

Science.
    Imprecise and evolving and the best we have.
    Annnnd,, a medical.representative from the VA was on the news and admitted that most of the patients in that study were in a severe state and near death before being treated for the study.
    Basically, they were dieing. The fact that they saved any of them was a miracle.

Please tell us what hospital you work at so we can avoid it as a public service.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    https://www.texasguntalk.com/thread...an-military-leader.95355/page-19#post-2018977

Me?
    No troll.

How convenient it is and how smug we can be labeling those who disagree with us as a "troll".

I'm neither a democrat nor a liberal nor a republican.
    I'm an educated, hopefully well-read and opinionated independent who views none of the candidates from either party as worthy of my vote.

I've mused previously about an interesting dichotomy.
    In my professional academic environs I'm quite the conservative, while on this relatively-conservative board I'm perhaps liberal.
    I'm profoundly comfortable in my philosophical and political posturing and with my status in life.

A politically active citizen in my profession.
    An avid shooter who learns a lot from posts here.
    A troll? Please, no thank you.

To reiterate.....
    Show me something to support the contention that Iranian Major General Qasem Soleimani's assassination was anything more that a media distraction.
    Someone. Please do so.

HKS

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Kind of funny the one study that shows hydroxychloroquine as a failure.

Was
    1> the drug was administered without the zinc also, and what the hydroxychloroquine does is make it where zinc can invade the virus and take it out.
    But I am just a metal fabricator so I had to dumb it down to its basics so I could understand it. I sure wish I was a smart guy.

2> all the cases in that study the drug was administered in the latter stages and I believe most were already on Ventilators

So ya if you want to pick the one study that fits your narrative then woo whoo you win the internet.

This is medicine.
    This is science.

I'm sure some of you will dispute the "science" of the VA study released today that seems to indicate that hydroxychloroquine, a drug prematurely and inapropriately touted as a COVID treatment, caused more deaths that it prevented.

Here:
    The VA study.

Science.

This is medicine.
    This is science.

Here:
    The VA study.

Science.

Last edited:

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Personally, I think hydroxychloroquine is a bad idea. Evidence is equivocal, and give the QTc prolonging effects and COVID’s proclivity for cardiomyopathy.

We are all flying blind, but I think it has a good chance of hurting people. I wouldn’t give it to my wife at this time.

I’m not too optimistic. We have frankly minimal treatments for Most viruses out there.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Personally, I think hydroxychloroquine is a bad idea. Evidence is equivocal, and give the QTc prolonging effects and COVID’s proclivity for cardiomyopathy.

We are all flying blind, but I think it has a good chance of hurting people. I wouldn’t give it to my wife at this time.

I’m not too optimistic. We have frankly minimal treatments for Most viruses out there.

So a drug that has been used for decades to treat other stuff and has not done harm enough to warrent removing it from the market.

It has been widely shown in numerous studies to help if given early and at worst do nothing.

I would take it in a heart beat at the first inclinations of me having Kungflu

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    @HKShooter65 Is a physician? He said the other week it was medical consulting. And I could have sworn months ago he said he was in academia. Now, he could be a doctor that teaches and does medical consulting on the side. I’m not gonna call the man a liar, but something doesn’t add up.
    To be fair, lots of people in medical professions (especially docs at hospitals) consider themselves in academia.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    So a drug that has been used for decades to treat other stuff and has not done harm enough to warrent removing it from the market.

It has been widely shown in numerous studies to help if given early and at worst do nothing.

I would take it in a heart beat at the first inclinations of me having Kungflu

The vast majority of people who have it at mild stages are going to do well regardless of treatment, and I don’t treat people that don’t require hospitalization.

And the worst it could do it kill them. Patients developed a cardiomyopathy with COVID19 that isn’t really understood. This drug has known cardiomyopic effects.

I’m generally in the “do no harm” camp that the “do something” even if it might hurt you.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'm not a doctor, or in the medical field in any way. My closest association with medicine would be my old Boy Scout first aid merit badge!

But, I have I hope is common sense. In most illnesses, the earlier the detection of the illness, and the earlier the treatment starts, the higher the chances for recovery become.

While the reverse is true too. Later detection, and treatment started in the latter stages of the illness, and the treatment being more aggressive, usually leads to much lower odds of remission, or recovery.

I'm not an expert on the CV, but I suspect it's no different than any other disease and it's treatment protocols.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    The vast majority of people who have it at mild stages are going to do well regardless of treatment, and I don’t treat people that don’t require hospitalization.

And the worst it could do it kill them. Patients developed a cardiomyopathy with COVID19 that isn’t really understood. This drug has known cardiomyopic effects.

I’m generally in the “do no harm” camp that the “do something” even if it might hurt you.

Like I say I am just a stupid tradesman but the reports I see are with short term use and with CV its very short term the cardiomyopic effects are not seen.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Like I say I am just a stupid tradesman but the reports I see are with short term use and with CV its very short term the cardiomyopic effects are not seen.
    Actual infections disease docs treating patients with this protocol see very few cardiac issues develop. Its a known side effect so they test and monitor for it. They have said it at least a dozen times in the interviews I've seen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom