• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I hope you realize that not all posts are trying to put you down. It's often hard to know in what context someone puts into the written word.

Using the word "care" might not have been my best choice in wording. Maybe concern might have been better.

Whatever is going on in Australia, is going to happen with, or without any input on my part.

Besides, we have enough here to worry about. Concern and worry needs to be expended here, not half way around the world.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I believe what Mac is trying to convey is this: Here(or "there" if you will) is whats trending in the world today. Whats happening in Australia today could be happening here tomorrow. By paying attention and learning "how" it happened could serve us well to keep it from happening here.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I believe what Mac is trying to convey is this: Here(or "there" if you will) is whats trending in the world today. Whats happening in Australia today could be happening here tomorrow. By paying attention and learning "how" it happened could serve us well to keep it from happening here.
    Agreed, but then I believe Australia likes to do a "hold my beer" moment when following what Great Britain does. Australia, or at least in many cities, is a place where they unarmed people and biker gear. I'm waiting for them to outlaw knives too, and then, no more Crocodile Dundee memes.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Agreed, but then I believe Australia likes to do a "hold my beer" moment when following what Great Britain does. Australia, or at least in many cities, is a place where they unarmed people and biker gear. I'm waiting for them to outlaw knives too, and then, no more Crocodile Dundee memes.
    Soooo.. We'd end up Crocodile Dun memes?

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Please tell me that we are not going to talk funny. If so, an old friend who has resided there for years taught me to talk like an Aussie. Open your mouth, hold your tongue down with a finger and speak Aussie. Nothing to it.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I met my first Australian a few years ago, his name is Vic. Really cool guy and a huge fanatic over American muscle cars. He married the sister of a friend of mine. He bought out a friend's auto parts store a couple of years ago. We nicknamed him "Mad Max"!

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    I thought this was a discussion so I was interjecting a thought.
    The reason I mentioned this is because a group I am a part of has had a few intellectuals from Australia describing in detail what is happening there right now and I thought it would be something people might want to look in to. Their government is based around our constitution and they are going through VERY similar situations right now for the same reasons. What does it hurt for me or anyone else to share an idea that may be interesting or helpful? Axxe I never suggested you take any action. Do what you want but I don’t think we need to answer to you or run things by you before we post them here.
    If any of you feel so inclined to do so, do a little research on what’s going on there and you might gain some perspective and possibly have a jump on what may happen here in the very near future. It’s similar to researching history and comparing to what is happening today. You might be surprised to learn that 250 years is a key time frame...

Fate of Empires

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    No need for me to enter the discussion or do any research. You told me to shut up and move along.

I can see full well exactly what is going on right now in our country.

I'll just scroll past your replies from mow on. You seem to have a nasty habit of liking to throw out insults and trying to bully people around.

Enjoy yourself Mac.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    ...Even Dr. Fauci at first said that the mask isn't designed to keep him from getting sick, it's designed to help minimize you from getting others sick from yourself.

In Japan the sick have worn masks for decades, that way you knew to stand away from them.
    That is exactly why I am wearing a mask every time I go anywhere now - to hopefully prevent, or at least minimize the chances of, others getting sick from me during my two week quarantine. That is if I actually did contract it from the three positive people with whom I had contact. I figure wearing the mask is better than doing nothing to try to corral it:cowboy:.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    That is exactly why I am wearing a mask every time I go anywhere now - to hopefully prevent, or at least minimize the chances of, others getting sick from me during my two week quarantine. That is if I actually did contract it from the three positive people with whom I had contact. I figure wearing the mask is better than doing nothing to try to corral it:cowboy:.
    Which begs the question.....if masks work, why should anyone infected quarantine?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    I thought your doc said to quarantine. Doesn’t that mean stay home and not go around other people?
    1*od2HLFzNoxk2JLDFFhUB3w.jpeg

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I have this funny thing that happens when I get sick. I feel bad and decide not to go out unless it's to the doctor or hospital.

The thing is, people are meant to be exposed to bacteria and viruses, it's how our immune system stays strong. I would wager that most of America has been exposed by now to COVID-19, that's why they keep getting large numbers of those with or had it. I also believe we have hit herd immunity some time ago.

I don't have anything against anyone wearing a mask if that's what they want. I do have something against a mandate requiring everyone wear a mask, sick or not. Especially when at the height of deaths from this coronavirus, experts were saying a mask wouldn't help. Why is it that when the death rate keeps dropping, now masks magically work?

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I have this funny thing that happens when I get sick. I feel bad and decide not to go out unless it's to the doctor or hospital.

The thing is, people are meant to be exposed to bacteria and viruses, it's how our immune system stays strong. I would wager that most of America has been exposed by now to COVID-19, that's why they keep getting large numbers of those with or had it. I also believe we have hit herd immunity some time ago.

I don't have anything against anyone wearing a mask if that's what they want. I do have something against a mandate requiring everyone wear a mask, sick or not. Especially when at the height of deaths from this coronavirus, experts were saying a mask wouldn't help. Why is it that when the death rate keeps dropping, now masks magically work?

Two excellent points. This is the best post I've read tonight!

Top Bottom