• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Has anyone seen ANY media "outlet" ask Gov Abbott what his exit plan is? How dead does this disease have to be before business can return? WE are all going to be feeling it soon:

He has no exit plan, and there isn’t one available that’s not damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

The popular want is for it just to disappear. Guess what, HIV didn’t and I don’t think this bug is going to either. It’s going to survive for the long term, I think. That being the case, the question comes down to whether or not .gov experts know what’s best for you, your family, city, business, etc.

I said this a long time ago, but once the mask goes on, it doesn’t go off because the pols are about power and control, something they can’t do with a virus or illness .

Reality is there doesn’t exist anywhere in the world a year’s worth of knowledge on this virus. Most every company that’s shifted to primary WFH has kicked the can to various times in 2021 because flu season is right around the corner and there’s no real idea what the take rate and effectiveness will be for this year’s flu shots, which is convenient way of saying it’ll be 21Q3 before corporate America seriously considers returning to the office and that’s dependent on COVID vax take rates and effectiveness more than flu.

The answer to that is in recalls and elections.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    A neighbor who just recently moved out and who owes me about $1,150 for damage to my vehicle that she hit while mine was parked told me she has COVID-19. She was replying to a text I sent her telling her I finally, after over 3 months, reported it to my insurer because I could wait no longer for her promises to pay me. I also told her that they may require me to file a police report or a tort claim. After all the excuses and delays she has given me to date, I just figured she was full of shit about COVID-19. Then today, I found out that the two wonderful ladies in the property management office of my apartment complex both are terribly ill with COVID-19. I last spoke to one of them on Monday this week and they came down with it hard and fast since then, I guess yesterday because the office has been closed since yesterday. I have been in contact with them frequently without a mask. Should I be crapping in my pants in worry? I am somewhat concerned and have been told by my doctor to self quarantine for 2 weeks (saw her for a follow-up for something else today and told her about the exposure). Going to miss a party at the house of one of my son's friends this coming weekend but I figure better not to take chances especially when I might be exposing my son or his buddies to this crap.

Last edited:

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    A neighbor who just recently moved out and who owes me about $1,150 for damage to my vehicle that she hit while mine was parked told me she has COVID-19. She was replying to a text I sent her telling her I finally, after over 3 months, reported it to my insurer because I could wait no longer for her promises to pay me. I also told her that they may require me to file a police report or a tort claim. After all the excuses and delays she has given me to date, I just figured she was full of shit about COVID-19. Then today, I found out that the two wonderful ladies in the property management office of my apartment complex both are terribly ill with COVID-19. I last spoke to one of them on Monday this week and they came down with it hard and fast since then, I guess yesterday because the office has been closed since yesterday. I have been in contact with them frequently without a mask. Should I be crapping in my pants in worry? I am somewhat concerned and have been told by my doctor to self quarantine for 2 weeks (saw her for a follow-up for something else today and told her about the exposure). Going to miss a party at the houise of one of my son's friends this coming weekend but I figure bettyer not to take chances especially when I might be exposing my son or his buddies to this crap.
    If you aren’t sick by now you’re probably fine. It’s the flu.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    If you aren’t sick by now you’re probably fine. It’s the flu.
    What's the flu? These folks do not have the flu, they have COVID-19, that was made quite clear to me. I am not saying I have it, just I am supposed to quarantine myself for 2 weeks. It is somewhat concerning especially considering my health is not the greatest and the docs suspect I have an auto-immune disease and my heart is not beating as efficiently as it should for some unknown reason. Time and the tests they ran today should tell if I have been exposed to the novel corona virus. I certainly hope not.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Yeah, I have heard zip from his office after doing the same. I am trying the local GOP office. That has worked for me before...

If the Texas GOP Convention and Texas Legislature doesn't vote to push for Abbott's impeachment due to violating the Texas Constitution with his rule-by-fiat executive orders, then (other than for Trump) there's no reason to vote Republican anymore....

#ImpeachGregAbbott
    #BananaRepublicDictator
    #GeneralSantaAbbott
    #EndAbbottsReign
    #KimJongAbbott
    #NotMyDictator
    #SpecialSessionNOW
    #NoContactTracingEver
    #DoNotComply
    #OpenTexasNOW

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    A neighbor who just recently moved out and who owes me about $1,150 for damage to my vehicle that she hit while mine was parked told me she has COVID-19. She was replying to a text I sent her telling her I finally, after over 3 months, reported it to my insurer because I could wait no longer for her promises to pay me. I also told her that they may require me to file a police report or a tort claim. After all the excuses and delays she has given me to date, I just figured she was full of shit about COVID-19. Then today, I found out that the two wonderful ladies in the property management office of my apartment complex both are terribly ill with COVID-19. I last spoke to one of them on Monday this week and they came down with it hard and fast since then, I guess yesterday because the office has been closed since yesterday. I have been in contact with them frequently without a mask. Should I be crapping in my pants in worry? I am somewhat concerned and have been told by my doctor to self quarantine for 2 weeks (saw her for a follow-up for something else today and told her about the exposure). Going to miss a party at the house of one of my son's friends this coming weekend but I figure better not to take chances especially when I might be exposing my son or his buddies to this crap.
    Masks don’t do anything but make you rebreathe your own exhaust. Did you mask up the last couple of decades during flu season? Influenza will get you too.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Masks don’t do anything but make you rebreathe your own exhaust. Did you mask up the last couple of decades during flu season? Influenza will get you too.
    No, I have gotten flu shots over the years. I have not had the flu since 2009, when I was diagnosed with H1-N1 (swine flu) while on an assignment to Tucson, AZ. I was quite healthy then and while it just about floored me, it was not as bad as the time before it when I had the flu probably at least 10 years or more before that. As for today, now is different for me because in the last couple of decades my immune system was not comprised by an auto-immune disease of uncertain origin as it is now, nor did I have a heart condition as I do now. There is no vaccine today either like there is for the flu, not yet anyway.

I do wear a mask now and that is all the time I am out of my apartment. That is not so much to protect me but to stop spewing my stuff out to keep others from getting it in the event I caught the virus from the three people I know, who have it, with whom I have had close contact.

I have used masks of various types, for many years, for different applications. Those included when sanding wood; protection from vapors when refinishing wood (especially is using a varnish stripper); when doing insulation jobs; when dealing with cocaine, heroin and other narcotics seizures, when coming into contact with very ill prisoners, when out on high risk LE operations, when digging through the rubble of 1 WTC after 9/11 to search for survivors/bodies and so on. (How I wish that over the brief part of two days that I was there I had had on a mask during the first 8 hours or so when no more were available. I had one on for my remaining 14 or so hours there but maybe too late - the WTC health program attributed my throat cancer to my exposure there although I think no one could ever be certain of that but if they were right then too bad for me with that cancer.) Masks have their uses and I believe one of them is to help prevent spread of this crap.

Last edited:

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    No, I have gotten flu shots over the years. I have not had the flu since 2009, when I was diagnosed with H1-N1 (swine flu) while on an assignment to Tucson, AZ. I was quite healthy then and while it just about floored me, it was not as bad as the time before it when I had the flu probably at least 10 years or more before that. As for today, now is different for me because in the last couple of decades my immune system was not comprised by an auto-immune disease of uncertain origin as it is now, nor did I have a heart condition as I do now. There is no vaccine today either like there is for the flu, not yet anyway.

I do wear a mask now and that is all the time I am out of my apartment. That is not so much to protect me but to stop spewing my stuff out to keep others from getting it in the event I caught the virus from the three people I know, who have it, with whom I have had close contact.

I have used masks of various types, for many years, for different applications. Those included when sanding wood; protection from vapors when refinishing wood (especially is using a varnish stripper); when doing insulation jobs; when dealing with cocaine, heroin and other narcotics seizures, when coming into contact with very ill prisoners, when out on high risk LE operations, when digging through the rubble of 1 WTC after 9/11 to search for survivors/bodies and so on. (How I wish that over the brief part of two days that I was there I had had on a mask during the first 8 hours or so when no more were available. I had one on for my remaining 14 or so hours there but maybe too late - the WTC health program attributed my throat cancer to my exposure there although I think no one could ever be certain of that but if they were right then too bad for me with that cancer.) Masks have their uses and I believe one of them is to help prevent spread of this crap.
    There’s no science behind it.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    There’s no science behind it.

That's nice. I will contiune anyway on the off chance it may help prevent someone from getting it should I have it. I have faith it may help. Are you a scientist by the way? Just got me wondering.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    That's nice. Are you a scientist by the way? Just got me wondering.
    No but I’m not a dumbass and my lady is an RN that has worked the covid floor the last 4 months here in Victoria and I can do my research without referring to mainstream media propaganda for my facts. Keep wearing your mask and being a smart ass if it makes you comfortable. Good luck with that vaccine you are waiting for.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    Influenza has killed over 10,000 people each of the last two flu seasons in Texas alone and that is with an available vaccine. Did you not see the new death toll CDC released a few days ago? About 9200 actually died in the US from Covid as the only cause. The other 170,800 had multiple pre existing conditions that they died from and happened to have the Covid antibodies. Do you know why the numbers were changed? Because Trump had the data directly routed to the Whitehouse so they could see the actual data before the CDC doctored it. You will see soon enough what a crock of shit this “pandemic” was.
    My numbers are rounded because no one can be sure of the accuracy of the actual data since the facilities handling the processing of tests skewed the numbers so bad but when the people we relied on for accurate data drop from 180,000 to 9,200 that’s a red flag. They didn’t want the Whitehouse to call them out since they were accessing data after Trump stopped trusting them a little over a month ago.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    No but I’m not a dumbass and my lady is an RN that has worked the covid floor the last 4 months here in Victoria and I can do my research without referring to mainstream media propaganda for my facts. Keep wearing your mask and being a smart ass if it makes you comfortable. Good luck with that vaccine you are waiting for.
    **** you asshole and your "smart ass" remarks. Your girlfriend, wow I am impressed - not.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    That's nice. I will contiune anyway on the off chance it may help prevent someone from getting it should I have it. I have faith it may help. Are you a scientist by the way? Just got me wondering.
    I have a degree in applied science along with decades of experience in examining data, performing analyses, reviewing analyses and managing those who do these things. And using the knowledge gained in my education along with experience, the evidence is clear that a mask short of an N95 medical mask is ineffective with viruses. One does not have to specifically be a medical doctor or epidemiologist to review the analyses that have been performed and reach a judgement.

That said, I have no problem at all with any person who wants to wear any type mask. That is a matter of choice. I have a problem when the government removes the freedom for me to make that choice.

In your situation, I would highly recommend getting a supply of medical N95 masks. And self isolating as well.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    The good news today is that we won't even be needing those masks for long. Large groups of well-meaning hippies are now cleaning the virus from the air using (of all things) plastic bags. This is the strangest thing I have seen in a long time, and it's been a weird year:

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    **** you asshole and your "smart ass" remarks. Your girlfriend, wow I am impressed - not.
    Case and point. Enjoy your mask and make sure if you ever venture out in public to keep your trap shut if you see someone else not wearing a mask but feel inclined to tell them something. It’s ignorant people like you that keep this lie alive and make school kids wear masks and eat lunch at their desks. Let us know how your chinavirus vaccine goes. I know you are waiting in line to be innoculated because you live in fear. Pretty sad my lady never cried once about being around “covid patients” once and you are a grown assed man whining about face diapers on a gun forum.
    Here’s some things to analyze since data isn’t your cup of tea.

A3CE3B1C-DC17-4BCC-9D41-AD6089E5F788.jpeg
    35019828-2058-414D-A693-F6E5C0051F76.gif
    937653E3-7A35-4382-A68F-E1C718367D46.jpeg
    CF5F276E-6F60-44B1-818A-22889391E996.jpeg
    128136FB-606A-4618-AFBE-7741F2B8C346.jpeg
    BAFEC616-5723-4013-BE44-089526431375.jpeg
    0634FE5F-0EDB-43DD-89B5-0E4772E5422F.jpeg
    F6F0D550-96FC-4ED0-98EA-6F6610FC5B99.jpeg
    432503F9-76AB-498C-8700-38E3C1326BEB.jpeg

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I'm seeing a number of places giving out free flu vaccines, and I'm thinking "but wait! We have masks!". At work, people are so anal about wearing masks, there's no free choice anymore.

When will people learn? If you continue to give up freedoms for a sense of security, you soon will have no freedom.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    So because no one could get any routine medical procedures for so long, due to the governor’s over-reaction order about that, the state hospital where my husband worked lost millions of dollars. We thought we might be ok. Nope, laid off along with hundreds others. They are rethinking their use of contractors to save money, so now bringing on some new in house people to do what he COULD have done if they had let him and not repeatedly told him to go call a contractor. I hope that change makes them feel like they are doing something to save themselves money.

well maybe they are saving money because I had dreamed of the state retirement that I see so many of our friends get and we were almost going to be able to work to get there. We were five years in. Nope, not that easy for us.

I’ve been trapped in my little telemed office working from waking to sleeping the past week, stressing if I can make it happen for us in our new home. Medical insurance for us all will have to come out of my check now.

We finally closed in a decent house (our first) in June and I’ll have to pay for it. Things were starting to get so good for the future and now that’s all gone, poof.

I have a few hours off work and a chance to go to the farmer’s market and relax with our friends there and drink free beer until 1pm but I’m finally here by myself and I can’t get ready to go becuase I can’t stop crying.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    I'm seeing a number of places giving out free flu vaccines, and I'm thinking "but wait! We have masks!". At work, people are so anal about wearing masks, there's no free choice anymore.

When will people learn? If you continue to give up freedoms for a sense of security, you soon will have no freedom.
    But, but, but sir...DO YOU WANT PEOPLE TO DIE?!?

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    So because no one could get any routine medical procedures for so long, due to the governor’s over-reaction order about that, the state hospital where my husband worked lost millions of dollars. We thought we might be ok. Nope, laid off along with hundreds others. They are rethinking their use of contractors to save money, so now bringing on some new in house people to do what he COULD have done if they had let him and not repeatedly told him to go call a contractor. I hope that change makes them feel like they are doing something to save themselves money.

well maybe they are saving money because I had dreamed of the state retirement that I see so many of our friends get and we were almost going to be able to work to get there. We were five years in. Nope, not that easy for us.

I’ve been trapped in my little telemed office working from waking to sleeping the past week, stressing if I can make it happen for us in our new home. Medical insurance for us all will have to come out of my check now.

We finally closed in a decent house (our first) in June and I’ll have to pay for it. Things were starting to get so good for the future and now that’s all gone, poof.

I have a few hours off work and a chance to go to the farmer’s market and relax with our friends there and drink free beer until 1pm but I’m finally here by myself and I can’t get ready to go becuase I can’t stop crying.
    I am truly sorry for you and your husband’s troubles. It is a damn shame what people will believe and how they will turn on their fellow Americans. I am in the oil and gas business so I am fortunate to be deemed essential. My lady and I have been able to work but the children have to suffer a stunted education because people are too scared and ignorant to see whaf is really going on here. Together we have four kids 6, 7, 9 and 11.

Top Bottom