• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    You want to pay for the dog walker who would have to come to my place to pick up the dog, or maybe you want to pay for dog boarding for me. By the way, are you a physician? As I said, this was discussed with my doctor and she gave her approval for the dog walks and a trip or two to the supermarket. She also okayed me getting my flu shot - so I got that while out for the shopping. As I also said, I think I got enough food to last me two weeks - so what the heck is your problem. I go by what my physician told me - not by what you or anyone else who just wants to find fault or be contrary or who wants to run someone else's life tells me. Can you understand - some of you are worse than the leftists as far as control freaks go.
    Bla... bla... bla... Matters not what I want to pay for. It's readily apparent that you don't want to "pay" the cost of not exposing others to that which you have been exposed. Your doctor is as phony as your excuses. Don't worry... I'll contact you just before the next curtain rises so you will be ready for your next "show" LOLOL...
    Venture Surplus ad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I did curbside pickup from HEB yesterday, just because I was lazy.
    I've never done that. What's the wait time? IOW, how long after placing an order on their app do you have to wait before you can drive to the store? I remember when the lockdowns first happened, HEB hadn't ramped up their services yet and there was a 2 week wait at my local HEB.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I've never done that. What's the wait time? IOW, how long after placing an order on their app do you have to wait before you can drive to the store? I remember when the lockdowns first happened, HEB hadn't ramped up their services yet and there was a 2 week wait at my local HEB.

It depends on when you can schedule the pickup.
    If you do it same day, it's $4.95 extra.
    Schedule it 48 hours in advance, no charge.
    They do however add 3% to prices for the service.

ETA: It probably can't be scheduled less than 4 hours in advance.
    Yes, they will also deliver, but I haven't done that.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    It depends on when you can schedule the pickup.
    If you do it same day, it's $4.95 extra.
    Schedule it 48 hours in advance, no charge.
    They do however add 3% to prices for the service.

ETA: It probably can't be scheduled less than 4 hours in advance.
    Yes, they will also deliver, but I haven't done that.
    Kroger doesn't do any of that. No extra charge, no same day charge. You can get any pickup time slot that still has availability. Usually no less than four to six hours in the future, probably because they're all booked by then. I only had trouble getting a next-day time when the panic-demic had just gone full swing a few months ago, but it's easy to find same-day and next day times now.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    There is also the fact it takes time to pull the orders. The store I used to work at, the person pulling them may be pulling several orders at once. They have several people pulling orders.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Home Depot will do curbside for free. Was ready in about a half hour. Since I am not going to wear the stupid mask they require, they can bring stuff out to my truck.

I have been in the Home Depot in Terrell without a mask and no one said anything about it. My son, daughter, son-in-law and 2 granddaughters have all been there also without a mask. If they say anything just tell them that you are exempt and that will probably be the end of it.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I have been in the Home Depot in Terrell without a mask and no one said anything about it. My son, daughter, son-in-law and 2 granddaughters have all been there also without a mask. If they say anything just tell them that you are exempt and that will probably be the end of it.
    I typically ignore the signs and go about my business. Works almost all the time. But the HD here is enforcing the policy.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    Children younger than 10 are not required to wear a mask. Read number 8 as well for voting.

A83FDC11-9376-403D-BB9D-DEEA47A2A8E9.jpeg

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Thanks everyone who wrote encouragement to us a few pages back. I prayed, and we got a house finally, And I am sure God will bless us still. We have to pay for a house and try to have something to retire on. The retirement option being lost was really what got to us.

I am lucky that I have a career where I could work just a few contract hours if I want. Come retirement age I’ll be able to just work very much part time and that can keep us afloat.

We worked on our patio today together and enjoyed the pool and I made arrangements to continue to work on making the screened in deck look nice with tropical plants.

Having a beautiful place to hang out is going to make being stuck at home tolerable (especially if we can’t be spending much extra money going out due to his job loss). We have hundreds of dollars of Texas Renaissance Festival tickets to do something about, since we
    certainly shouldn’t go so many times now that money will be tight. I’ll see if maybe he will at least want to go a couple of times. We will have to do something or we will go stir crazy.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Thanks everyone who wrote encouragement to us a few pages back. I prayed, and we got a house finally, And I am sure God will bless us still. We have to pay for a house and try to have something to retire on. The retirement option being lost was really what got to us.

I am lucky that I have a career where I could work just a few contract hours if I want. Come retirement age I’ll be able to just work very much part time and that can keep us afloat.

We worked on our patio today together and enjoyed the pool and I made arrangements to continue to work on making the screened in deck look nice with tropical plants.

Having a beautiful place to hang out is going to make being stuck at home tolerable (especially if we can’t be spending much extra money going out due to his job loss). We have hundreds of dollars of Texas Renaissance Festival tickets to do something about, since we
    certainly shouldn’t go so many times now that money will be tight. I’ll see if maybe he will at least want to go a couple of times. We will have to do something or we will go stir crazy.
    The good news is 249 is done & you run into 1488 then coming into Magnolia from the north! The renfest might suck this year. The campground might be the true good time more then ever.

Wearing a mask, social distancing, TABC will be inforcing those laws would be my guess. Vendors & entertainment opting out.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Praying the Good Lord provides a job for your husband soon. Hopefully the stupidity will end and he will be able to return to his original job, perhaps retain seniority toward retirement?

Hang in there.

Top Bottom