• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    even if they are, I do see how a cell phone allows you to track police radios by getting close to them.

From a cursory look into it, the only thing one may be able to do with a cell phone and app is record what RF are in use within it's proximity. Can that data be used somehow to track? Possibly. I guess nothing impossible, but it doesn't look like a setup like that is going to be found off the shelf, affordable or even be used without someone without extensive knowledge in various areas.
    At first I thought perhaps these apps were being used to capture encrypted tac channels then programmed in a higher end scanner to monitor, however upon further review, that too seems to be an impossible task for most radio enthusiast out there.

Upon looking at the video again, perhaps all the old man was doing with his phone was trying to capture on video any type of identifying marking on each officers uniform, i.e. name, badge number, etc....

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    A lot of larger agencies have gone to a trunked system which has a selected set of frequencies and a switching system creating talkgroups in the agency.
    This makes is really hard to monitor a conversation because when a transmission is made from a user, the reply from a different user will be sent on a different random frequency selected by the system.
    I could only think that the old man was trying to pick up the RF signal from the officers radio or as some said, maybe grab some video.

While we may not understand now exactly what he was trying to do it’s obvious that he was trying to gather some type of information about the police and after seeing his “F&%^ the Police” tweets, I bet it was no good.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    A lot of larger agencies have gone to a trunked system which has a selected set of frequencies and a switching system creating talkgroups in the agency.
    This makes is really hard to monitor a conversation because when a transmission is made from a user, the reply from a different user will be sent on a different random frequency selected by the system.
    Trunked scanners have been around for decades. The Uniden Patrol uses the radio reference database and automatically programs your radio for you.

Pr you can just download an app and it will stream it for you. It has never been easier.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I gotta laugh when people say this guy was no threat, I know several men around that age who can still cause serious harm if they desired. I also know several that age who carry.

Sorry, but he approached the police with intent, and knew the consequences of his actions. Whether his injuries are real or fake doesn't matter, he knew damn well the response he would get when he walked towards the police line.

Any smart individual would know that it's a dumb idea to challenge the police, but he had an agenda and the fact it was caught on film proves it was intentional.

I have no sympathy for the idiot.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I could only think that the old man was trying to pick up the RF signal from the officers radio or as some said, maybe grab some video.

While we may not understand now exactly what he was trying to do it’s obvious that he was trying to gather some type of information about the police and after seeing his “F&%^ the Police” tweets, I bet it was no good.
    There's some software that can do it. It's far from perfect, but I've had it working in the past. What's tough is getting a priority order for transmit ID, so some random dude saying he's coming on shift doesn't get played over a dispatcher relaying a 10-30.

prisondoc

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2020
    Converse TX
    Really?

I knew they were going to be charged as soon as I saw the video.

I knew the Floyd cops would charged too.

I knew Drew Brees screwed they pooch as soon as that interview was posted.

this is some of the easiest shit to see coming in my lifetime.
    d7557157772fc32aa4ad938f187abffd.jpg

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom