• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don’t know that it really falls in to the category of having “doubts”. It reads more as “it’s possible that it was shrapnel” but they didn’t offer any evidence that it was anything but a bullet. Like what shrapnel may have come from. Maybe if they had shown where a bullet struck the stage and fragmented or something.

Just read to me as “we can’t prove it was the bullet” with no evidence to support it was anything else.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I don’t know that it really falls in to the category of having “doubts”. It reads more as “it’s possible that it was shrapnel” but they didn’t offer any evidence that it was anything but a bullet. Like what shrapnel may have come from. Maybe if they had shown where a bullet struck the stage and fragmented or something.

Just read to me as “we can’t prove it was the bullet” with no evidence to support it was anything else.

A lot of people are spouting off with the idea it was "broken glass from a teleprompter"...but I've seen no mention of a teleprompter being hit, and there wasn't one between him and the shooter from what I've seen. So indeed, the question is "shrapnel from what", and if it was shrapnel, how and why did only one piece strike him?

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin

Does everyone just discount the still frame of the streaking bullet going past Trump's head?

Paul Saver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2023
    North Texas
    ScreenShot_20240724185741.png

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

This shit, by the way, is what I'm sure we all expected when they announced the FBI would handle the investigation.

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    This shit, by the way, is what I'm sure we all expected when they announced the FBI would handle the investigation.
    I get that. But I’m also not sure what question was asked prior to the quoted statement from the FBI.

If they asked “are you positive he was struck by a bullet, could it have been something else” which would be in line with certain claims that he cut his own ear then the FBI response isn’t unreasonable. As from a purely factual standpoint, it’s technically possible that it was something else. Though highly unlikely.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Looked like bad Photoshop to me.
    But you should know, General.
    Anyone estimate the trail length and assumed shutter speed to get idea of velocity?
    That’s a nearly impossible question to answer without metadata from the original photo.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    You mean to tell me that the FBI can spy on just about every detail of a persons life, yet they can't find a medical report saying he was shot in the ear?

I would think that the picture of the bullet flying at the level of his ear is more proof than the shrapnel theory, but hey, maybe it was just a very fast mosquito.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Doesn't matter - after the fact. Whither a bullet or brick. Security screwed up and is now covering up. Should NOT happen in the USA.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So, no then?
    I mean, you could guess at a shutter speed based on how fast trump would be moving his head. But depending on the lens used, ISO, and aperture settings there’s still a wide margin. A professional photographer could make assumptions based on what they might do in the same environment.

But you’re talking about taking the length of the bullet and estimating the length of the trail to determine actual distance traveled in the shot. Let’s call it 2’ (haven’t looked back at the photo).

2’/1/800 second is 1600fps
    2’ per 1/1000second is 2000fps
    1/1250 is 2500fps
    1/2500 second is 5000fps

Basically, you could use an estimated shutter speed to prove it was either a bullet or a bug caught in the frame, depending on how you frame the argument. Though it would be a very straight flying bug. Or you could claim it was shrapnel at lower velocity be guessing a lower shutter speed.

With metadata though you could probably get a pretty good guess at the velocity if you know the bullet used and the size of trumps head for accurately estimating the trail length.

Without that though, you can’t really “prove” anything.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    A lot of people are spouting off with the idea it was "broken glass from a teleprompter"...but I've seen no mention of a teleprompter being hit, and there wasn't one between him and the shooter from what I've seen. So indeed, the question is "shrapnel from what", and if it was shrapnel, how and why did only one piece strike him?

The stage after the shooting. Teleprompters intact, no other damage.

Top Bottom