• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tblack89

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    The drone would go up only early enough before his arrival on stage for someone to complete a sweep of the rooftops. Then keep one on station until he is off the stage and away.

Check out the video above, people are physically pointing this guy out, I just don’t see how a drone would have changed the outcome.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Check out the video above, people are physically pointing this guy out, I just don’t see how a drone would have changed the outcome.

Wouldn't have relied on someone deciding to report what they were being told people were seeing - it would have been seen first-person by the Secret Service.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Would not likely have changed anything. An officer posted on the building would have.

Odds of drone looking at that building in time frame shooter was on roof would have been random luck.

The two problems as I see it were not securing building and not acting when shooter was on roof.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    I guess that would work too, but I was talking about tethered drones with power wires going up to the drone.
    Aerostats. We had them tethered over bases in Afghanistan.

Last edited:

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX

An FBI agent who worked with USSS said the main problem with USSS working with local LEOs is communications. So, the public can point out the shooter to the LEOs, but then they have to check it out, then call their boss, who then calls the USSS guy who has the LEO liaison stick, who then gets it out to the rest of the USSS team. If there were a drone overhead (and the "defensive" USSS press release this morning said the team had a drone), then USSS would be monitoring the drone and could immediately communicate if they saw a guy laying on the roof.

Tblack89

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    Wouldn't have relied on someone deciding to report what they were being told people were seeing - it would have been seen first-person by the Secret Service.
    In my opinion it was by the sniper on the roof, he saw him, hesitated and then acted. I don’t know the circumstances of why the hesitation but it seemed there was ample opportunity to eliminate the threat.
    Would not likely have changed anything. An officer posted on the building would have.

Odds of drone looking at that building in time frame shooter was on roof would have been random luck.

The two problems as I see it were not securing building and not acting when shooter was on roof.
    couldn’t agree more.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    In my opinion it was by the sniper on the roof, he saw him, hesitated and then acted. I don’t know the circumstances of why the hesitation but it seemed there was ample opportunity to eliminate the threat.

As mentioned elsewhere, possible ROE issue, plus shooting at someone outside the security perimeter may have required specific permission.

Tblack89

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    An FBI agent who worked with USSS said the main problem with USSS working with local LEOs is communications. So, the public can point out the shooter to the LEOs, but then they have to check it out, then call their boss, who then calls the USSS guy who has the LEO liaison stick, who then gets it out to the rest of the USSS team. If there were a drone overhead (and the "defensive" USSS press release this morning said the team had a drone), then USSS would be monitoring the drone and could immediately communicate if they saw a guy laying on the roof.
    I do agree with renegade that a drone being in that exact spot at that exact moment would be pure luck. If the shooter was in the building and then came out to get on the roof and shoot, the building should have been secured.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    If there were a drone overhead (and the "defensive" USSS press release this morning said the team had a drone), then USSS would be monitoring the drone and could immediately communicate if they saw a guy laying on the roof.

There were a lot of buildings to cover. I counted over 30.

I know we like to think technology can solve all our problems, but this really just needed some old-fashioned man your post assignments.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Another report I saw from #563 above was locals deployed 4 sniper teams and USSS 2. Teams did not spot this guy. WTF were they looking at?

Butler County District Attorney Richard Goldinger said his office maintains an Emergency Services Unit team, which deployed four sniper teams

The Secret Service also deployed two counter-sniper teams.

brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016
    Okay, let's pivot to the future, cause I'm not sure what to think about what we really know right now or will ever learn about the real truth. If the FBI is in charge of the investigation, I'll have very little faith in the final reports. So...

What changes going forward? Cause he's not going to stop public speeches. I think he was out on the golf course today. Will he pay for more/better protection? I'd guess a change in leadership is in store. Would that leadership clean house and replace everyone? Maybe set requirements for the type of venues used in the future? What say you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    Watched that earlier interesting video.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    41458b060f28b011107ad2b5a034f25b.jpg

Top Bottom