Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Forbes Breaking News...
    Biden says: "Let the FBI do their job"
    Seem like they did, and failed...
    But at least they killed Crooks before he could talk.
    They probably were wiping all of the assassin's social media before he was even cold.
    I mean, the alternative would be to let him keep shooting until someone made it on the roof and tackled him.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Seconds, so that would have been enough time to launch a drone and spot someone?

When does it start flying? When he starts speaking?
    The drone would go up only early enough before his arrival on stage for someone to complete a sweep of the rooftops. Then keep one on station until he is off the stage and away.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    IMG_3167.jpeg

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    Drones or UAVs could have helped with better manpower.

My cat loves to watch me head to work from the roof.

If she knows the value of the high ground, how on earth did whoever sets security strategy for this event let so many amazing security pearch points go unused?

I counted at least three great observation roofs that appeared unused.

I try to never ascribe to conspiracy that which can be explained by incompetence or inexperience.

I keep reminding myself of that and calling our nation lucky and or blessed.

Last edited:

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    Drones or UAVs could have helped with better manpower.

My cat loves to watch me head to work from the roof.

If she knows the value of the high ground, how on earth did whoever sets security strategy for this event let so many amazing security pearch points go unused?

I counted a at least three great observation roofs that appeared unused.

I try to never ascribe to conspiracy that which can be explained by incompetence or inexperience.

I keep reminding myself of that and calling our nation lucky and or blessed.
    Seems like every 6 months a new conspiracy theory pops up cause the old ones are no longer theories.

Y'all figure it out.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Gee, my Gboy plays semi-pro frisbee and they use quad copters to film the games. At least 10 min flight time and multiple units.

Bigguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2024
    Texarkana
    Sum Dude on another forum suggested that the counter sniper officers were local LEO, not SS. They might have assumed the shooter was legit from another agency. I hadn't thought of that as a possibility. It would explain why they didn't want to open fire until they knew for sure.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Sum Dude on another forum suggested that the counter sniper officers were local LEO, not SS. They might have assumed the shooter was legit from another agency. I hadn't thought of that as a possibility. It would explain why they didn't want to open fire until they knew for sure.

Legit officers wear uniforms and do not aim at the Protectee. There are also IFF procedures.

Occams Razor on why they didnt open fire:

1) Not authorized.
    2) No clear firing line.

JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX
    I was never military, and I'm not tactical....but it seems to me from a quick google maps search that there was water tower high above any near tree line that had direct view to the tops of all building surrounding the stage as well as roadways and a direct line to the roof in question. I know someone said the SS can't just commandeer a guys shop, but they sure as shiite could have taken a position on the government owned tower. It's about the best birds eye view around.

wbblazer90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2014
    Legit officers wear uniforms and do not aim at the Protectee. There are also IFF procedures.

Occams Razor on why they didnt open fire:

1) Not authorized.
    2) No clear firing line.
    interesting thought, what if the shooter had worn police attire so everyone would assume he was part of the protection detail? That could have been bad, given him more time to set up.

Edit- pardon my phrasing, there was a fatality. It was already bad, I mean much worse.

Last edited:

wbblazer90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2014
    ”Authorized” LEO and other personnel will be given a unique badge that will identify them as such.
    But the crowd wouldn’t know and may not have drawn attention (if that mattered albeit). Just speculating, as we all are.

Top Bottom