Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    1721004438069.jpeg

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Really depends on the drone. Batteries get heavy fast so adding a bigger battery doesn’t necessarily increase flight time. Most quadcopter style drones have a battery life of 20-30 minutes. Bigger cameras mean more weight, so that works against battery life as well. And eventually you need 6-8 blades which is what is often used for drone footage in high end documentaries carrying 8K cameras. Those might only make it 15 minutes or so from lift off to landing. But it really depends on how the available weight is split between battery capacity and camera. Weather plays a big role too. Battery goes faster if the drone is constantly fighting a 15mph wind.

Then there are drones designed more for loitering, think Reapers and other military drones. Can be electric or gas. But when people mention “drone” I figure they probably mean the multirotor electric variants ala DJI.
    For an event like that, it would make more sense to use tethered drones so there's no worry about the battery life.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Sum Dude on another forum suggested that the counter sniper officers were local LEO, not SS. They might have assumed the shooter was legit from another agency. I hadn't thought of that as a possibility. It would explain why they didn't want to open fire until they knew for sure.
    They are wearing a Secret Service patch/uniform...

I've never seen/heard of local PD wearing them.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    "My fellow Americans, I want to speak to you tonight about the need for us to lower the temperature in our politics. Do remember, while we may disagree, we are not enemies. We’re neighbors, we’re friends, coworkers, citizens, and most importantly, we are fellow Americans. We must stand together."

...says the man whose social media team tweeted that it's "time to put Trump in the crosshairs".

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Are you talking about something like a miniature blimp?

I guess that would work too, but I was talking about tethered drones with power wires going up to the drone.

Top Bottom