• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Ex-president and candidate. Despite what you want to believe, USSS support to ex-presidents and candidates is not what a sitting president gets. For lots of reasons.
    True, but this was literally across the street and local LEO should have been directed to keep it locked down.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    The red/orange haired dude who was interviewed by the BBC lost a ton of credibility when he claimed that the would-be assassin had his head blown off by the counter-snipers.
    Facial structures (chin, jaw, nose etc) stays pretty intact even when the rest of the skull goes Mt St Helens...

From the face photo, the blood from the ear, the copious amounts and funky shapes inferior to the right ear all indicate to me "head blown off" is probably accurate. I bet there isnt much remaining looking from behind.

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Rest In Peace to Corey Comperatore, Former Fire Chief, the man that was shot & died at the rally protecting his family, when they clipped Trump's ear. My condolences to his wife Helen, and his daughters Allyson & Kaylee, and father Raymond.

corey.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I believe the Ukranians and Russians have shown the utility of drones for observation.

So what if the battery runs down after a while? They are not expensive. Send another one up.

What do you really know about drones? Aside from footage out of Ukraine or video from Reapers?

Have you ever looked at a crowd of people being filmed by a drone and tried to pick out anything specific? I like “drones”. I have one. I’m pissed at the regulation that the FAA has basically written in to law. But for monitoring a crowd you’re far more likely to have something to review after the fact than the ability to spot something and react quickly. It’s just very difficult to see that kind of detail over a broad area and if the camera is zoomed to see detail you lose situational awareness.

Using thermal on a drone to spot someone hiding out in the country side is much different than scanning a crowd and with thermal you also lose lots of detail in the image. Especially in an area where every threat will look very much like all the non-threats.

Idk, just feel like eyeballs are the best option. Given the reaction time, I feel like there’s a good chance the snipers may have spotted the shooter and started adjusting before the first shot was fired. Maybe the video showing them kill the fucker can confirm.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I don’t know if Jr even has protection. For candidates, they have to be the presumed nominee of a party.

Since RFKs father was assassinated, protection for candidates is determined by law passed almost immediately after. Presumed nominee is not a requirement, Many candidates get protection long before that occurs. It is within the power of DHS to give RFK protection, but Mayorkas refuses to.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Just like everyone here.

I grant shit’s likely changed since I was involved, but not drastically, because that ends up costing real money that draws against a line of accounting that’s assigned to an agency that, by law, cannot be overdrawn. The more USSS assets assigned to a candidate, the less are available for everything else and not all USSS assets can do the EP mission. That leaves USSS tasking other federal agencies (which gets billed to a USSS LOA) or asking state/local LE to help out.

I’ll be interested to see the final timeline to see who knew and communicated what, when and how. I can see a bunch of scenarios that legitimately explain why bystanders may have had seen something and said something and LE or USSS did not immediately react.

In fact, some rando yelling “fire” in the theater is likely going to be ignored by the protection team(s) and leftfor the site security team(s) to deal with.
    I don't know if it's true but I read somewhere that the Trump campaign had requested increased SS protection and were denied.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Since RFKs father was assassinated, protection for candidates is determined by law passed almost immediately after. Presumed nominee is not a requirement, Many candidates get protection long before that occurs. It is within the power of DHS to give RFK protection, but Mayorkas refuses to.
    Trump isn’t just a presumed nominee, he is a former POTUS and is entitled to protection.

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    I don't know if it's true but I read somewhere that the Trump campaign had requested increased SS protection and were denied.
    Here it is

Rep Mike Waltz of Florida says it’s true

of course, Secret Service denies it

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    A very good read with details…

View attachment 461667

excerpts -

There’s an old saying about inept institutions that “a fish rots from the head.” The boss sets the policy, and, in this case, the boss is Kimberly A. Cheatle. Cheatle’s openly-stated priority wasn’t to have the best trained, most tightly functioning A1 team imaginable. Instead, it was to have 30% of all Secret Service agents be women by the year 2030 and generally to bow before the Democrat god of “diversity”:

I am not accusing anyone in the Secret Service (or in the Biden government as a whole) of deliberately trying to get Donald Trump killed. However, I am saying that the Secret Service’s performance was completely inadequate in many instances, that it appears that the obsession with DEI was a factor in this inadequacy, and that it’s possible that an underlying animus toward Donald Trump created an environment in which Trump’s protection was dysfunctional, both in terms of staffing and attitude.
    I don't know if the women on Trump's team were qualified in respect to training or not but to physically provide cover for him he would have had to crawl on his hands and knees.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    There were people who had ID'd the shooter, and were trying to alert local LEO's. At some point, the people who should be talking, weren't.

That's one of SS's responsibilities. It's their show.
    It may be the SS's circus, but the have themselves, the protectee, and tons of other jurisdictions who do things their way.

Some places are more used to having a major event with lots of security than others.

I'm sure the counter-snipers had a view, but you can't see everything all the time. Even if witnesses told a cop and he radios it with two or three iterations folks may not be sure if the guy was on the roof, was in the shade of the roof, fell from a roof...

Yes sniper should have been seen and dealt with quicker, and I don't think it is excusable to leave that roof un-guarded, but sometimes you have to take your chances and historically all the injurous attacks (I can think of) have been from very close range with the notable exception of JFK.

Prior to 9/11 hijackers hadn't turned the planes into weapons, they made a demand, the govt slow-rolled meeting them and eventually hostages got rescued or released... This longer ranged attack will certainly change the priority and emphasis on longer range threats.

All in all most people did what they were trained to do and the attack was stopped seconds after starting.

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I also noticed no bulletproof glass in front of the podium. Would not want to be the person who made that decision.
    I don't know what will be security measures going forward, but people that have gotten to know Trump say he feeds off the intimacy of his supporters. I don't believe nobody may have brought up that concern, but given Trump's demeaner he probably dismissed the thought of putting himself in a box.

Tblack89

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    What do you really know about drones? Aside from footage out of Ukraine or video from Reapers?

Have you ever looked at a crowd of people being filmed by a drone and tried to pick out anything specific? I like “drones”. I have one. I’m pissed at the regulation that the FAA has basically written in to law. But for monitoring a crowd you’re far more likely to have something to review after the fact than the ability to spot something and react quickly. It’s just very difficult to see that kind of detail over a broad area and if the camera is zoomed to see detail you lose situational awareness.

Using thermal on a drone to spot someone hiding out in the country side is much different than scanning a crowd and with thermal you also lose lots of detail in the image. Especially in an area where every threat will look very much like all the non-threats.

Idk, just feel like eyeballs are the best option. Given the reaction time, I feel like there’s a good chance the snipers may have spotted the shooter and started adjusting before the first shot was fired. Maybe the video showing them kill the fucker can confirm.
    What is the most a drone can fly time wise? Like a hour max or some shit?

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    You frequently have good things to share.

But in this day and time, how do you excuse not having a drone up? Drone feed would have readily revealed someone crawling up on a roof. That would easily stand out.

Would that not be considered tactical?

And the President being wounded meets any rational definition of failure. Just because the shot missed being deadly by less than an inch does not mean success.

If one my employees has a near miss safety incident, I do NOT consider that success. Rather a failure where we were fortunate not to have someone killed.
    There's drones and then there's drones. Some can hover a hundred feet up for minutes. Others can loiter thousand of feet up for hours. Are all ya'll talking about the same kind or something in between.

Top Bottom