• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    Noticed Google isn’t showing Trump as trending.
    IMG_7512.png

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    According to eye witnesses (assuming the info is good) they were 50ft away, pointing at him and calling for police. I would think that would be noticeable if you are about to commit an assassination. Like an "oh shit I've been made and better hurry up" type senerio.

If his heart rate wasn't already through the roof.

Kinda one of those "oh shit I'm really doing this" moments.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    According to eye witnesses (assuming the info is good) they were 50ft away, pointing at him and calling for police. I would think that would be noticeable if you are about to commit an assassination. Like an "oh shit I've been made and better hurry up" type senerio.
    Certainly is possible, you are correct.

But I can also see the scenario where he is at elevation, focused on Trump and does not notice what is going on at street level below him. Possibly (probably) one person looking up at him in the midst of a crowd.

Could go either way.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Ongoing surveillance of the nearby rooftops was obviously negligent.

A bystander saw the assassin walking back and forth across the roof and reported it to a LEO a few minutes before the shooting. Yet the secret service only responded after shots fire.

Are you taking about the orange hairs guy who was interviewed by BBC? Because he said he saw a guy bear crawling up the roof and yelled at the police but they couldn’t see him do to the slope of the roof.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I wouldn’t go that far….

Story behind that photo-op is kind of ridiculous also, and way OT. Should look in to it if you aren’t away though.

While the picture of the Iwo Jima flag raising is a lot more culturally significant, there's a lot of similarities.

The flag being a big one

The pile of people in a pretty similar layout

What the image conveys, determination, resilience. Obviously storming a volcanic mountain in ww2 against Japan is quite a bit more intense than getting shot in the ear, but I'm not going to lie, the Trump pic made me think of the Iwo flag rasing too, and I've seen several other people say the same thing

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Are you taking about the orange hairs guy who was interviewed by BBC? Because he said he saw a guy bear crawling up the roof and yelled at the police but they couldn’t see him do to the slope of the roof.

The red/orange haired dude who was interviewed by the BBC lost a ton of credibility when he claimed that the would-be assassin had his head blown off by the counter-snipers.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The red/orange haired dude who was interviewed by the BBC lost a ton of credibility when he claimed that the would-be assassin had his head blown off by the counter-snipers.
    “Head blown off” is a pretty common way of saying someone was shot in the head.

I doubt he lost much credibility over that, lol.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ….This was clownshoes.
    Let’s not move the goalposts. Your original statement was Trump has less USSS support than other [former] presidents. That’s not correct. He (and other presumptive major party nominees/nominees) do not get the same level of USSS support as the sitting President. But neither does the Veep nor the Speaker of the House, even when they’re in DC.

Let’s talk about this in detail though. The threat building is owned by AGR International, a manufacturing business. Absent a clear and specific threat, LE - not even USSS - can just waltz in and shut a business down, then sanitize and seal it during a campaign stop. Something in the first ten amendments covers that. The candidate and USSS can ask all they want and the candidate can pay the private business to shut down, but .gov can’t force it just for shits and giggles.

What’s more interesting is that someone couldn’t hit a specific, bigger than average man sized target with a rifle from 130 yds. With multiple shots downrange at that target. But now that the attempt with a rifle has been made, I would expect the threat ring is going to blast out to encompass anything within 1,000m of the X, or roughly 28 million square feet. That’s going to get real expensive real quick or the venues are going to have to change because 20-yr old Thomas Matthew Cooks just changed the calculus for everyone.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    edmonsonjohn68
    Top Bottom