• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Seems like a drone would have picked up on the shooter.

I reckon there weren't any available.
    Depends on the drone.

Typically, drones have relatively short battery life. You’d need one fairly large with a good camera, and a large screen from viewing.

For the size of the area, Mark 1 eyeball is probably sufficient and cheaper to operate.

I’m not saying he couldn’t have been seen with a drone. Just that drones aren’t the greatest thing ever for every situation. Maybe they should be incorporated in to SS security. Would at least provide some footage for the investigation afterwards.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Honestly, that quote is no worse than Trump saying “fight like hell”.

Yes, it looks bad now so of course they’ll remove it. But it has nothing to do with the shooting. The years of calling Trump “literally Hitler” and claiming he wants to murder half the population of the US, the media lying and demonizing him…that is what instigated the violence and it’s not new. Trump supporters have been getting violently attacked for years. But Bidens “bullseye” remark is a nothingburger.

To "his" credit, biden has a pretty good social media team. They're the ones that got that whole "dark brandon" thing going.

Untill the debate happened...

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Confirmed again, guy in blue shirt, saying he hates Trump/repubs is a troll

GSbPe0_WUAEFz_4.jpeg
    Screenshot_20240714_035217_Chrome.jpg

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I'm at a crowded Toasted Yolk for breakfast.

It's amazing how every man at every table around me is an expert on guns, sniping, and personal protection detail protocols.

Just like everyone here.

I grant shit’s likely changed since I was involved, but not drastically, because that ends up costing real money that draws against a line of accounting that’s assigned to an agency that, by law, cannot be overdrawn. The more USSS assets assigned to a candidate, the less are available for everything else and not all USSS assets can do the EP mission. That leaves USSS tasking other federal agencies (which gets billed to a USSS LOA) or asking state/local LE to help out.

I’ll be interested to see the final timeline to see who knew and communicated what, when and how. I can see a bunch of scenarios that legitimately explain why bystanders may have had seen something and said something and LE or USSS did not immediately react.

In fact, some rando yelling “fire” in the theater is likely going to be ignored by the protection team(s) and leftfor the site security team(s) to deal with.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    Honestly, that quote is no worse than Trump saying “fight like hell”.

Yes, it looks bad now so of course they’ll remove it. But it has nothing to do with the shooting. The years of calling Trump “literally Hitler” and claiming he wants to murder half the population of the US, the media lying and demonizing him…that is what instigated the violence and it’s not new. Trump supporters have been getting violently attacked for years. But Bidens “bullseye” remark is a nothingburger.
    You could work for CNN or Mike Johnson

we must be very nice to Biden… he’s old and didn’t mean anything by it…

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Might juuuuust have been a leeeetle adrenaline dump?

Or coming down off an adrenal dump maybe. It was a few minutes after shots fired. But I'd expect Secret Service agents to be better trained, either way. It's not like reholstering into a Kydex belt holster requires super-fine motor control.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Just like everyone here.

I grant shit’s likely changed since I was involved, but not drastically, because that ends up costing real money that draws against a line of accounting that’s assigned to an agency that, by law, cannot be overdrawn. The more USSS assets assigned to a candidate, the less are available for everything else and not all USSS assets can do the EP mission. That leaves USSS tasking other federal agencies (which gets billed to a USSS LOA) or asking state/local LE to help out.

I’ll be interested to see the final timeline to see who knew and communicated what, when and how. I can see a bunch of scenarios that legitimately explain why bystanders may have had seen something and said something and LE or USSS did not immediately react.

In fact, some rando yelling “fire” in the theater is likely going to be ignored by the protection team(s) and leftfor the site security team(s) to deal with.
    Details don’t have to be limited to USSS and often aren’t.

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    ...because that ends up costing real money that draws against a line of accounting ...
    Lol. Federal Accounting. $ Printer goes Brrrr. $40 million every week to Taliban widows. link

Local LEO's, Natl Guard, Active service....we are already paying folks willing to work those details if SS otherwise occupied.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    edmonsonjohn68
    Top Bottom