• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Power restored around 8:30 last night. 37 hours down. In 25 years and four hurricanes the previous longest outage was 12 hours.
    Good luck to anyone that is still without power.
    A portable generator kept the house liveable. I highly recommend one. Mine is only 3.3 kw, but it kept the refrigerator , wifi, and a portable A/C unit running.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Still 1.7M without power as of 22 minutes ago...

1720614185776.png

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Many of these outages were preventable months and years ago had there been proper tree trimming. I've worked at places that have trees pushing on big commercial-sized wires and they have been informed but ignored for 5 years- I even pointed it out to the crew that was there for different outage- meh, they said.

Daughter is at end-of-the line and said she counted 4 locations with trees down and they surveyed today. I told her count on week or 2 of no ac, so they went to hotel across the LA border- princes a bit cranky today.

I guess these guys like the overtime pay better than regular maintenance trimming.
    That is not the fault of the workers. They get work orders from supervision, who gets direction from management.

Management may well have been avoiding this for cost reasons. Short sighted.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    This seems to be a common issue with utility companies. My house outside of memphis is in a community that has the power out, due to long overdue tree trimming.
    Common thread with most companies at times. The evening of Dec 25, 2000 freezing rain took down the feeder lines in Fannin county due to TNMP not trimming. No power to my little town for 6 days.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    That is not the fault of the workers. They get work orders from supervision, who gets direction from management.

Management may well have been avoiding this for cost reasons. Short sighted.
    They catch it if they trim someones prized tree and they catch it when trees fall on the lines...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Centerpoint outage map in link.
    Give it a chance to load completely.

That's the one I mentioned earlier. It's not based on any kind of live or updated data, so it may have been accurate when they originally drew it but nothing seems to have been changed since it came out yesterday afternoon.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    That's the one I mentioned earlier. It's not based on any kind of live or updated data, so it may have been accurate when they originally drew it but nothing seems to have been changed since it came out yesterday afternoon.

In the article it says the outage map will be repaired by the end of july...

:green:

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    They catch it if they trim someones prized tree and they catch it when trees fall on the lines...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    If they care that much about the tree then they will trim it themselves before the power company does. They would have known that there is a utility easement when they bought the property.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I was house-sitting for a family member last weekend. I stayed there and sheltered until yesterday morning.

I came home early yesterday. I got the generator running and powered two refrigerators, the freezer, and the small AC unit in the bedroom.

On the way home, Corrigan was pretty much without power. Dollar General and Brooksire Brothers closed. One Shell station on the south side of town was open with long lines stretching down US 59.

Same story south of Corrigan in the small town of Leggett. Very long line of cars lined up on 59 waiting to get gas at the only store in town. People had to be coming from a distance as there aren’t that many people in all of Legget.

I have not yet been into Lufkin, but the neighbor reports that things are pretty normal there.

Top Bottom