• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Buddy of mine in high school had (and still has as far as I know) a 1964 Chevy Impala Convertible with a 350 in it. I am not a car guru like some of you son I don't know all the particulars.

He tells the story of being at a light just before a long stretch of straightaway late one evening. A punk in a Porsche 944 pulled up and indicated "let's go". When the light changed the Porsche got the jump, but once that 350 got wound up, it walked all over that little car.
    Capitol Armory ad

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Here are some pics from when I had my shop.

P1010388.jpg

8b2c.jpg

741b.jpg

42b5.jpg

e0e3.jpg

791b.jpg

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Buddy of mine in high school had (and still has as far as I know) a 1964 Chevy Impala Convertible with a 350 in it. I am not a car guru like some of you son I don't know all the particulars.

He tells the story of being at a light just before a long stretch of straightaway late one evening. A punk in a Porsche 944 pulled up and indicated "let's go". When the light changed the Porsche got the jump, but once that 350 got wound up, it walked all over that little car.

64 Impala is cool, but that's a heavy car for a 350.

I'm not sure what to make out of the 944 or 968 Porsche.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    I know it is not an American Muscle car, but I had one of these little rice rockets when I was in high school.

1979 Datsun 280ZX.

hy4eha6u.jpg

Mine didn't have the mufflers coming down the sides like this one, but you get the idea.

Being a parent of a 15 year old now myself, I have no idea why my parents ever entrusted me with something like this. I almost killed myself several times.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    HA! I grabbed some pics after karlac mentioned old BMWs, then had a temporary Honey Bun induced coma.
    With a slick paint job, I would love something like this:

ebay491892.jpg

ebay491883.jpg

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Dawico just RUINED the thread!

Cars! Not trucks!

Dammits.
    From the guy who thinks Texans don't need 4x4s. :facepalm: lol

I have no problem with trucks, or anything that is a passenger type vehicle. Preferably those that are or were street legal machines.

5033600199_e4910fa333_z.jpg

b2e60b2050a47c2eae4c32321a5cbd04.jpg

GM_HOT_ROD_Wallpaper_88f33.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Really like these. Would love to have one with a cargo compartment customized for firearms storage.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407640052.222476.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407640199.333218.jpg

I prefer the black with blacked out glass and the stock suspension and 33" tires of the first. Combine them and I'm a happy camper.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I have no problem with trucks...
    And some people love trucks more than might be seemly.

My best friend when I was in my mid-30s was a smokin'-hot blond named Kristi who had put me firmly in the friendzone. I didn't mind; I was also friends with her husband and he was a great guy. No jealousy there, at all. :)

Anyway, Kristi liked trucks. I mean, she really liked trucks. One day a guy pulls up in front of the building in a 1950s Chevy resto-mod truck in candy apple red with chrome like crazy. I saw the guy come into the building and then called her over to have a look. Then I walked away.

She, however, lingered at the glass for quite a while. A long while. I started paying attention and noticed increased respiration and certain tell-tale body movements. She was nearly licking the window glass to get at that truck. She was quite clearly (there's no indirect way to say it) aroused. Then she turned and saw me looking at her and her face turned beet red. She stormed out of the office.

I waited a couple of minutes and looked outside. There, a few stories below on the street, she was trying to look inconspicuous while she checked out the truck at close range. She even struck up a conversation with the owner, a very old man.

I swear, if the owner had been young and handsome her marriage would have been in danger.

Some people really like trucks.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Really like these. Would love to have one with a cargo compartment customized for firearms storage.

~~~~~~~~~

I prefer the black with blacked out glass and the stock suspension and 33" tires of the first. Combine them and I'm a happy camper.

uvuhadum.jpg

Stock suspension on 33's was a little rough on the stock. Lol
    Also, stock doesn't mean in-spec. It isn't possible to fit 33's without some modification.

ETA: http://www.pickupspecialties.com/Truck_Vault/truck_vault_vehicle_equipment_storage.htm

Has some really good ideas. Expensive but good ideas.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Top Bottom