Votes: 41 41.0%

• Total voters

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Good, I was thinking I was the only one. I never leave the house without at least two guns, two knives, and two flashlights... because... wait for it....
    Two is one and one is none... I had to say it...

Anyway, when going out fully strapped, I wear a Sig RCS appendix IWB, P238, 4:45ish or so IWB, 638 Bodyguard on my left ankle and a NAA .22LR Mini-Revolver strapped to my right. I also carry a neck knife (one of the numerous from my collection), a folder in my right pocket (usually a P'Kal or Warren Thomas custom), a small blade laced into each shoe, a Spyderco Bi-Fold in my fifth pocket, and a Bowen Belt Knife. Whenever I take my family out for the night to watch a movie or something, I generally load up. If I'm just walking to the convenience store I usually don't bother with much more than a pocket and neck knife.

I hope you don't live in a flood plain....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Why this thread is still going is the real mystery....

I have a similar thought when I see threads about Open Carry. I see a common denominator between those who advocate unfiltered open carry and the carry of backup guns. Gun "nuts" anyone?

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I have a similar thought when I see threads about Open Carry. I see a common denominator between those who advocate unfiltered open carry and the carry of backup guns. Gun "nuts" anyone?

I'm normally not one to say this to people, but for youn I will make an exception. Go play in traffic or something.

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    He's just a troll. He believes in complete and uninfringed limited rights to bear some arms but not those that some people might not like and only so long as nobody knows you have them.

He's all for that, just as long as you have met the arbitrary training requirements which just happens to mean paying people like him to bless you with their vast knowledge gained in the bastion of freedom known as California where he enforced freedom as only a true liberal I mean "liberty" minded individual could.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That's stupid.

You should just carry a couple extra percussion caps, powder charges, and balls.

<waiting for someone to make a "balls" joke>

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    This is what you leave with:

This will be my last post as it relates to this thread.

Then you come back in with this:

Make up your mind, man. Consider me a gun "nut" because I see nothing wrong with carrying a backup gun and if given the opportunity some day, I would enjoy the freedom of OC in my hometown. There are quite a few of us here who want OC and the ones who don't usually keep to themselves because they're respectful like that.

-PAK-

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I don't want to Open Carry....however, I have no problem with any "gun nuts" who want to open carry, carry 8 guns, open and concealed carry, or whatever else may make them happy. I don't see what the big deal is.

NOLA Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014

Holy shit, how did this turd come unflushed?

Gunns0902

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Cradle of Liberty, TX
    I don't want to Open Carry....however, I have no problem with any "gun nuts" who want to open carry, carry 8 guns, open and concealed carry, or whatever else may make them happy. I don't see what the big deal is.

Yah know, for the longest time I couldn't make up my mind on this one. Should I support open carry or keep my mouth shut, and if I do support it, doesn't carrying openly make me a "shoot me first target". In the end what I came up with is this: We live in a nation that despite being one of the gun friendliest places on earth (in terms of gun law) is very uncomfortable with the guns that were banned for 20 years(other guns as well, but if I carry a rifle that isn't black, and is set up for hunting in Mcd's most people don't freak out). During that period of time, those rifles were only seen in action films, and on the news while some reporter was talking about some horrible conflict.(Generalization, I know) Open Carry does a very good job of fixing that. Wether people say they agree with it or not, it changes how they view it. Wether or not they believe it to be legal, most folks that disagree with it will eventually come to point where they accept it as something they don't like about society,but don't think will change, because that is the path of least resistance.

This is not only necessary for changing peoples perspective on the rifle in my back window, so I can go hunting unmolested. But also for curbing abuse of power, as far as it comes to LEO's. Again when the path of least resistance is; "Just let them do what the Law says, we don't want the extra work or the embarrassment". Then we have a tool with which to fight allot of things, that are unjust in nature.

Now, mind you. I don't carry openly, but I may at one time or another join a march. This a huge socio-political tool. You don't "stick it to the man", by civil disobedience, just cause you feel like it. Civil disobedience(like it or not that is how it started) has to have a purpose.

Believe it or not, if this goes on for long enough, that it becomes "mainstream". It stands a good chance of painting Anti-2Aer's as the bad guys. Now that would take a few years. But when you hear the question in an Airport bar: "Why doesn't he just leave them alone, they aren't doing anything"(and its some 25 y.o. blonde, who wouldn't know a LCP from a BAR, referring to some Commi trying to pass a gun bill) then you know we have had a social impact.

Wow, that was long winded. MPA, I want your response.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yah know, for the longest time I couldn't make up my mind on this one. Should I support open carry or keep my mouth shut, and if I do support it, doesn't carrying openly make me a "shoot me first target". In the end what I came up with is this: We live in a nation that despite being one of the gun friendliest places on earth (in terms of gun law) is very uncomfortable with the guns that were banned for 20 years(other guns as well, but if I carry a rifle that isn't black, and is set up for hunting in Mcd's most people don't freak out). During that period of time, those rifles were only seen in action films, and on the news while some reporter was talking about some horrible conflict.(Generalization, I know) Open Carry does a very good job of fixing that. Wether people say they agree with it or not, it changes how they view it. Wether or not they believe it to be legal, most folks that disagree with it will eventually come to point where they accept it as something they don't like about society,but don't think will change, because that is the path of least resistance.

This is not only necessary for changing peoples perspective on the rifle in my back window, so I can go hunting unmolested. But also for curbing abuse of power, as far as it comes to LEO's. Again when the path of least resistance is; "Just let them do what the Law says, we don't want the extra work or the embarrassment". Then we have a tool with which to fight allot of things, that are unjust in nature.

Now, mind you. I don't carry openly, but I may at one time or another join a march. This a huge socio-political tool. You don't "stick it to the man", by civil disobedience, just cause you feel like it. Civil disobedience(like it or not that is how it started) has to have a purpose.

Believe it or not, if this goes on for long enough, that it becomes "mainstream". It stands a good chance of painting Anti-2Aer's as the bad guys. Now that would take a few years. But when you hear the question in an Airport bar: "Why doesn't he just leave them alone, they aren't doing anything"(and its some 25 y.o. blonde, who wouldn't know a LCP from a BAR, referring to some Commi trying to pass a gun bill) then you know we have had a social impact.

Wow, that was long winded. MPA, I want your response.

How did a well thought out and detailed explanation get in here!

I appreciate the honesty on it. Im not sure exactly where I think the link should be drawn but if everyone has a gun, concealed, open or a backup gun to arm another potential defender (in the most dire of cases) there will be less mass shootings.

Top Bottom