• Occasionally

Votes: 41 41.0%

• Total voters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Everyone chill out.

Yes please... I've noticed that a lot of these threads are being de-railed by "trolls" and the such. This is a great forum, let's not let it degrade into one of those other forums. I like it here because it's laid back and there's not a lot of arguing. It seems like everyone has had their panties in a bunch as of late.
    ARJ Defense ad

NOLA Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    If a person has made it abundantly clear that they are here exclusively to denigrate, insult, and create conflict, why not remove them?

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Funny thing about private property (TGT); you can do what you want, when you want, and don't have to prove anything to anyone.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I'm contemplating a new thread titled "backup knife vs backup tomahawk". Everyone knows backup guns are for people who don't know how to use a blade.

LOL

PS-Quit judging my LOLs, mofo

Easy CZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2013
    Oklahoma, aka North Texas
    I carry a concealed handgun IWB, behind my hip daily. Whenever possible, I also carry a second 'backup' handgun in my front pocket (Walther PPS .40S&W). I've been doing this for almost 20 years now. Before I switched to my PPS .40, I pocket-carried my Kahr PM9, and before that it was my Colt Mustang Plus II .380 or Beretta Tomcat .32

I'm guessing a lot of folks will think that's a bit redundant or even overkill, but I'd rather be safe than sorry and as long as I'm not wearing tight pants (which I never do) I don't find it to be inconvenient or uncomfortable.

Do you carry a backup gun? If so, what kind and what carry method/placement do you use?

I typically carry a Ruger LCR 357 as my BUG. It's carried in a pocket holster with Buffalo Bore Tactical Low Flash 357s.

diveRN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    The Metroplex
    I haven't followed recent posts to this thread, but to the original post, I only carry a backup when I'm up in the woods for an extended period of time.

I've been on trips where others' guns were lost or broken due to falls or unknown issues with the gun. We were hiking in a large field of granite in the high country last summer when a friend lost his footing and went down. Gun came out of his holster, skittered across the rocks, and ended up falling in down into a deep crevice between some rather large boulders that we couldn't have moved with dynamite. His Glock 26 was gone. Nowdays when I'm up in the hills, I keep my concealed gun in a level II holster, the other stays unloaded in the pack.

Otherwise, I only keep one extra magazine.. that's it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I haven't followed recent posts to this thread, but to the original post, I only carry a backup when I'm up in the woods for an extended period of time.

I've been on trips where others' guns were lost or broken due to falls or unknown issues with the gun. We were hiking in a large field of granite in the high country last summer when a friend lost his footing and went down. Gun came out of his holster, skittered across the rocks, and ended up falling in down into a deep crevice between some rather large boulders that we couldn't have moved with dynamite. His Glock 26 was gone. Nowdays when I'm up in the hills, I keep my concealed gun in a level II holster, the other stays unloaded in the pack.

Otherwise, I only keep one extra magazine.. that's it.

I would have gone back with a heavy duty pickup magnet and a lot of cordage. No way some stinkin' boulder's gonna take my gun!

picker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2014
    TX Hill Country
    In addition to my gun & backup gun, I always carry a knife - sometimes two. Uh oh! I never go anywhere without a folder or auto (OTF or switchblade) and if I am carrying a fixed blade on my belt, I still have a folder or auto in my pocket.

...because I feel like it, and because...

wait for it...

I can.

Im too damned old to git in a knife fight Beretta 92 and a Ruger mini 14 does all my fighting (smile)
    best. Joe

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    What I learned from another forum years ago is that the best way and REASON to carry a BUG is to carry it on your weak side.

Let's face it, we can't always be in condition yellow as much as we would like to.
    We all slip and get focused on the task at hand. And that is when the predators attack.

We can't always have the grocery bags in our weak hand. Or the car keys, 2x4's from Home Depot, or even a pet.

When you are attacked, many times you can only get your weak hand free. That is when it is great to have your BUG on That side!

I normally have a custom Officers Model 1911 behind my right hip in any weather. In my left pocket rides a Rohrbaugh R9. I carry spare mags as well.

If I am just running a quick errand and being lazy, I pack a Rohrbaugh in each pocket, Texas Gunfighter Style, with spare mags in a pouch in my back pocket.

I do practice left hand drills and am plenty confident if the need arises.

Try it, it's not s hard as you think!

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    What I learned from another forum years ago is that the best way and REASON to carry a BUG is to carry it on your weak side.

Let's face it, we can't always be in condition yellow as much as we would like to.
    We all slip and get focused on the task at hand. And that is when the predators attack.

We can't always have the grocery bags in our weak hand. Or the car keys, 2x4's from Home Depot, or even a pet.

When you are attacked, many times you can only get your weak hand free. That is when it is great to have your BUG on That side!

I normally have a custom Officers Model 1911 behind my right hip in any weather. In my left pocket rides a Rohrbaugh R9. I carry spare mags as well.

If I am just running a quick errand and being lazy, I pack a Rohrbaugh in each pocket, Texas Gunfighter Style, with spare mags in a pouch in my back pocket.

I do practice left hand drills and am plenty confident if the need arises.

Try it, it's not s hard as you think!
    Wish I could afford to pack a couple of Rohrbaughs in my pockets! Very nice guns! I have a friend that bought one several years ago and it was over 1K! back then. Small, smooth, etc.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    My backup is a knife.

9d18a65a3fde3f915c79aded488ea2b6.jpg

Top Bottom