Votes: 50 50.0%
    • Occasionally

Votes: 41 41.0%

• Total voters

NOLA Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    That is correct. I have a business and what I have expressed here in this forum is my personal opinion. My instruction in firearm proficiency and defensive tactics, along with physical fitness training, is conducted with refined professionalism and expertise, and in no way gets confused with my personal opinions for the most part. MPA1988 is strictly for this website (It signifies my degree and graduation year from college). If I choose to market my business on this site in the future it will be under my business name.

Thanks for asking.

You could still answer the second half without revealing your secret identity mysterion.

What qualifications or experience do you feel makes you a good instructor? Another one, are the majority of your students private citizens or LEOs?
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

Gunns0902

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Cradle of Liberty, TX
    I try not to be a jerk. I try really hard to keep things pleasant.

But enough is enough. Come here advocating the destruction of my freedom I busted my ass and destroyed my body for (30 years old with shit for neck, back, and knees) and don't even have the respectability to acknowledge when you are wrong in the face of a mountain of facts?

That's all I can stands I can't stands no more! No more cordiality to the rabid enemies of freedom. They should be made to know the contempt better men than they have for them.

FUDD1988: GO BACK TO CALIFORNIA. IT IS THE ONLY PLACE THAT LOVES YOU.

I am not riding your case man, and I wont say that there isn't a place for an ass chewing from time to time. Far be it from me, I have learned and taught within said ass chewing sessions. I do as well appreciate your tactfulness (in all sincerity) minding your speach, until of course, further measures are called for.

But perhaps after that is done, I can explain to our friend here in words and concepts that we can all agree with, that our founders, those who gave us the freedoms we love so much, believed that "All men were created equal". Which in truth is something that simply put means equal respect for all men and women.

I think that is something that you have lost MPA1988. And though I will not deride you for it, doubling down on your opinions didn't help. I understand a man having his opinions, (and I personally feel strongly about anything choose to speak about) but typically he withholds them from at least those who would be offended by them. Unless there is a greater purpose at steak, he minds himself. That is part of tact. But I grew up on the West Coast, and fully understand that tact is not something West Coasters do well. Typically we believe that someone who does not speak their mind because they are afraid of someone else, and their htoughs of them, is a coward. I find that unwise. I believe that we should have the capability to speak our minds, yet the restraint not to. You win no arguments, nor cohorts without wise enough words to present your opinion without alienating, or insulting those you are maintaining dialogue with.

I feel that many of those here who carry a firearm for self protection found your original comments directly insulting. They are those "average citizens" who "should leave our guns at home". But I can speak with certainty when I say that the men you will find here(at least hose you could meet face to face and are regularly involved) are generally far and above the opinion you seem to have for the average CHL holder. This is a group that takes these things very seriously.

NOLA Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    I am not riding your case man, and I wont say that there isn't a place for an ass chewing from time to time. Far be it from me, I have learned and taught within said ass chewing sessions. I do as well appreciate your tactfulness (in all sincerity) minding your speach, until of course, further measures are called for.

But perhaps after that is done, I can explain to our friend here in words and concepts that we can all agree with, that our founders, those who gave us the freedoms we love so much, believed that "All men were created equal". Which in truth is something that simply put means equal respect for all men and women.

I think that is something that you have lost MPA1988. And though I will not deride you for it, doubling down on your opinions didn't help. I understand a man having his opinions, (and I personally feel strongly about anything choose to speak about) but typically he withholds them from at least those who would be offended by them. Unless there is a greater purpose at steak, he minds himself. That is part of tact. But I grew up on the West Coast, and fully understand that tact is not something West Coasters do well. Typically we believe that someone who does not speak their mind because they are afraid of someone else, and their htoughs of them, is a coward. I find that unwise. I believe that we should have the capability to speak our minds, yet the restraint not to. You win no arguments, nor cohorts without wise enough words to present your opinion without alienating, or insulting those you are maintaining dialogue with.

I feel that many of those here who carry a firearm for self protection found your original comments directly insulting. They are those "average citizens" who "should leave our guns at home". But I can speak with certainty when I say that the men you will find here(at least hose you could meet face to face and are regularly involved) are generally far and above the opinion you seem to have for the average CHL holder. This is a group that takes these things very seriously.

Great post.

MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012

We are all entitled to our opinions. Thank you.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    That is correct. I have a business and what I have expressed here in this forum is my personal opinion. My instruction in firearm proficiency and defensive tactics, along with physical fitness training, is conducted with refined professionalism and expertise, and in no way gets confused with my personal opinions for the most part. MPA1988 is strictly for this website (It signifies my degree and graduation year from college). If I choose to market my business on this site in the future it will be under my business name.
    Good grief... How about instead of trying to be an anonymous troll you goto the hometown section of this forum, find the local lunch group closest to you, and make an attempt to join our little community of TGT.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Gunns0902-

If I felt the man had a single redeeming quality I would be nicer. Go check his posts about open carry and it becomes obvious he's immune to facts and refuses to answer important questions (like that one here about how much experience he has with CHL holders). Seriously- go check it out. It's amazing.

When left defenseless against facts and reason he keeps falling back on the smug authoritarian cop tactic of "Killing them with kindness-" i.e. "I'm going to completely ignore anything you say in the most pretentiously 'Nice' way possible because I already know everything and your opinion is a waste of my time, you little asshole." Except it doesn't work when everyone can plainly see the pompous condescension behind it.

A respectable conversation requires a respectable partner. It is most unfortunate our great state is becoming a magnet for people like FUDD1988 who flee their failing states only to move here and bring the same diseased mentalities which ruined their home state with them.

At any rate, I fear all this negativity in my last few posts might start (unfairly?) changing people's opinions of me, as I usually try to keep my posts upbeat (I'll never deny I can be a big PITA, though!). I also don't want any newcomers or lurkers to think this kind of thing is typical for this message board. This will be my final post regarding FUDD1988; if you guys can pound some sense into this fellow you are better men than I. On to better things!

Last edited:

MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    This will be my last post as it relates to this thread. My position on OC as described in earlier threads is I support OC if licensed CHL. Also, I am a native Texan, born and raised in Lufkin, Texas. I served in the Marine Corps for 4 years which is how I happened to arrive in California. After the Marines, I became a state trooper, and also graduated from the University of Southern California. I returned to Texas after I retired.

Have a good day.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park

Thanks for asking.

This is why you should always do your research on an instructor before taking their class....you could end up with this guy if you aren't careful.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    This will be my last post as it relates to this thread. My position on OC as described in earlier threads is I support OC if licensed CHL. Also, I am a native Texan, born and raised in Lufkin, Texas. I served in the Marine Corps for 4 years which is how I happened to arrive in California. After the Marines, I became a state trooper, and also graduated from the University of Southern California. I returned to Texas after I retired.

Have a good day.

Holier than thou prick.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    This will be my last post on this forum. My position on OC as described in earlier threads is I support OC if licensed CHL. Also, I am a native Texan, born and raised in Lufkin, Texas. I served in the Marine Corps for 4 years which is how I happened to arrive in California. After the Marines, I became a state trooper, and also graduated from the University of Southern California. I returned to Texas after I retired.

Have a good day.

I like this way better.

NOLA Jack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    This is why you should always do your research on an instructor before taking their class....you could end up with this guy if you aren't careful.

This is ultimately why I was asking these questions.

Have a good day.

Yet another vague answer. I hope everyone is taking notes of this. Being a police officer does not make you a competent shooter, being in the marine corps over 30 years ago doesn't make you a competent shooter, taking a few 9 hour NRA courses doesn't make you a competent instructor. Vague answers are a way for poor instructors to hide behind half truths. The marines have excellent shooters, they also have office personnel and musicians. CHP has great officers, they also have commercial vehicle inspectors. Being a part of an agency or armed forces does not automatically mean someone knows what they are talking about or their job gave them any insight into any material relevant to what they are teaching, hell it doesn't even mean they were good at their job.

If you were to email Jeff Gonzales, Mike Pannone, Craig Douglas, Scott Reitz, Nate Stokes, Kyle Lamb, Jude Autin, Louis Awerbuck, etc. etc. etc. etc. and ask the same questions I've asked you, you would get a straight answer. Why? Because they are credible.

The statements you've made here stand in direct contrast to EVERY credible trainer I have ever met, your statements regarding police officers stand in direct contrast to dozens of officers I know personally or have met in classes, and your statements regarding the training industry stand in direct contrast to anyone I've met who has any real knowledge and experience in the training industry. That speaks volumes as to who and what you are.

Your statements relating to civilian gun owners didn't make much sense to me, until I realized that the majority of civilian gun owners you see handling guns are most likely people that you teach. That their lack of ability comes directly after being tricked into thinking you're a credible instructor and follows your attempts at "instructing" them. I think that your choice to hide behind the anonymity of the internet shows that you understand how negatively your statements would be seen by any one tricked into becoming your customer and further underscore your lack of credibility.

I tried to give you a few opportunities to give a reasonable answer or support your claims with any relevant experiences, but each time bolstered my opinion of you as a sham. I try to avoid being rude or overly blunt, however I assure you that when I am, I'm giving you the truth of my opinion.

Last edited:

Vehemence

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2014
    Cypress
    Dare I point out the #1 most important reason both my wife and I choose to carry a concealed handgun? (and in my case, a backup too, whenever possible)

Because: all statistics and opinions of law enforcement personnel firearms proficiency aside, fact is, law enforcement usually does not arrive until AFTER a potentially deadly or deadly conflict occurs.

I do not fault law enforcement for this in any way whatsoever - how could they possibly be everywhere they are needed all the time? They can't.

THIS is why we exercise our rights to be armed citizens.

Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    I love reading some post where there is a little bit tenacity, although I didn't quote them I would say they are pretty obvious.

I find it funny that he is throwing out that he is from Texas as if that some how justifies his position. It sounds like Cally corrupted him a while ago.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Good, I was thinking I was the only one. I never leave the house without at least two guns, two knives, and two flashlights... because... wait for it....
    Two is one and one is none... I had to say it...

Anyway, when going out fully strapped, I wear a Sig RCS appendix IWB, P238, 4:45ish or so IWB, 638 Bodyguard on my left ankle and a NAA .22LR Mini-Revolver strapped to my right. I also carry a neck knife (one of the numerous from my collection), a folder in my right pocket (usually a P'Kal or Warren Thomas custom), a small blade laced into each shoe, a Spyderco Bi-Fold in my fifth pocket, and a Bowen Belt Knife. Whenever I take my family out for the night to watch a movie or something, I generally load up. If I'm just walking to the convenience store I usually don't bother with much more than a pocket and neck knife.

Top Bottom