• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My best combined gas mileage vehicle averages 21.5mpg, but of course that includes daily 85-100mph romps when able to.......
    Texas SOT

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I drive a 06 xterra. It gets about 21 on the highway and 15-16 in the city.

I just got a quote for some custom exhaust work it is really supposed to open these trucks up. It will probably get 17 in the city trying hard to save gas and maybe 23-24 on the highway.

I guess the plan is to pull out the Y pipe and use a 2 into one muffler. The Y looks like it was done in a middle school shop class. And also delete the secondary nonessential cats.

I'm also due for some new tires, I've got 275/75/16 mud terrain tires on right now, they run about 65lbs a piece. I want to switch to a factory size 37lb Yokohama geolander a/t. Rotating mass kills power and mileage.

These should help me out on gas.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    LOL Hatchback or not, there is nothing "cool" about that egg.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

IMAG0139.jpg

And I'll be laughing at the gas pumps later this summer!

SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    I went out and looked at the 2011 Honda Civic's last night. GUNN Honda is selling them new for about 16.5K. That comes with power everything and a decent little radio. Gets mid 30's on the highway. I figured that I could essentially cut my gas bill by 50% by getting one of these little things. Plus, they are a really fun car to drive!

Seems that Hondas are some of the least depreciating vehicles on the market right now, the used cars are nearly as much as the new!

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I have nothing that get's good milage. The best thing I get is 14mpg. My little black P.U. only get about 8mpg, when standing on the gas it gets about 8gpm.
    Im think about getting another rice bike for running around on.

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    IMG_1240.jpg IMG_1237.jpg IMG_1242.jpg My son and I took his car to Raton, NM from DFW two weekends ago. 10 hours one way. It was comfortable and did really well on the trip. He drives a Honda Fit Sport. Now I don't care for the regular Honda Fit, but I find the Sport version to be very nice ( as far as small cars go). In town my son gets anywhere from 35 to 37 miles per gallon. On our drive up to Raton (7000 ft elevation) we got right at 37 mpg. We filled up at Raton for our trip home and didn't have to fill up again until we got to Childress. We were going down hill (sort of) and had a 20 to 30 mph tail wind the whole way. When we filled up we found that we got 50 mpg on that tank!!!! You may want to take a look at the Honda Fit Sport. It is actually a nice little car.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I'm thinking about getting a super used 4cyl in the $3-4k range but not a civic. Maybe a camry or altima.

I have also thought about trading in the xterra for a diesel vw jetta. They get like 55mpg with a chip.

SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    I will have to check out the Fit. It always looked like a great little car. Is it fun to drive at all? I guess the acceleration is extremely lacking?

texasislandboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    SA
    only thing with these little cars are if you get hit by a truck like mine.. your pretty much toast. my bumper is about at the window level of those cars i wouldnt feel safe at all

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I will have to check out the Fit. It always looked like a great little car. Is it fun to drive at all? I guess the acceleration is extremely lacking?

Well it accelerates like a small car, but not too bad because it is the Sport model. It is an automatic but also has a sport "gear" and you use paddle shifters on the steering wheel. It ups the rpm and makes the car very responsive and quick! It is actually fun to drive. Go test drive one and be sure to use the sport gear! It was very comfortable even on the long trip.

SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    Texasisland,

I am considering that as well, considering I currently drive an F-150. I feel much safer being up high in a truck, but financially, one of these little cars is hard to pass up.

texasislandboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    SA
    Texasisland,

I am considering that as well, considering I currently drive an F-150. I feel much safer being up high in a truck, but financially, one of these little cars is hard to pass up.
    i always factor in safety into buying cars. i may drive a mid size truck but its bigger than 90% of the full size truck people drive and has a 5 star crash rate

SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    Yea I don't think that the new Mustang V6's are chick cars, the older ones were for sure though. Not sure they fit the bill for purchase price though.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I wonder what I could get an 05-08 mustang v8 for.

It should get upper 20s for gas in highway right?

Maybe a 350z is in order.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    This would be great!! I'm a pretty big Nissan fan.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1302886365.403288.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1302886365.403288.jpg
      64.4 KB · Views: 124
    Top Bottom