Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    At what point is the first shot fired?

He initially has his hands up, and then lowers them, "appearing" to reach for something.
    Did they fire when his hands were up, or, after he lowered them.

There is no sound, how can one tell when the first shot is fired?

One thing eerily similar to the B&C ambush was the officer(s) hiding in the woods.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Was the road block already set up? How long has it been there?

Seems I remember reading they had the roads closed for a while.

Sent from my HAL 9000

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Was the road block already set up? How long has it been there?

Seems I remember reading they had the roads closed for a while.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Almost had to have been, unless they stopped to let that officer take a leak in the trees....

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don't find having someone in the trees all that suspicious, given the circumstances.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Yea, that officer coming out of the woods had ambush written all over it.

I know it was a bad idea for that guy to go for his gun for any reason, but I'm just not seeing "I'm going to shoot you" in his body language. I don't understand how that officer thought it was a good idea running out in front of that truck flying through there. A body cam and audio would be helpful for sure.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Yea, that officer coming out of the woods had ambush written all over it.

I know it was a bad idea for that guy to go for his gun for any reason, but I'm just not seeing "I'm going to shoot you" in his body language. I don't understand how that officer thought it was a good idea running out in front of that truck flying through there. A body cam and audio would be helpful for sure.

Doesn't matter. His hand was reaching into the area where he had a gun. Thats how it works. Make a sudden move in a high pressure stop going for the area WHERE YOU HAVE A PISTOL and they will shoot you as you now are a clear and present threat. Any resident of Southern California knows that. Those that don't end up on the weeknight body count news report.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Doesn't matter. His hand was reaching into the area where he had a gun. Thats how it works. Make a sudden move in a high pressure stop going for the area WHERE YOU HAVE A PISTOL and they will shoot you as you now are a clear and present threat. Any resident of Southern California knows that. Those that don't end up on the weeknight body count news report.

How do you know they didn't shoot BEFORE he lowered his hands??

He might have done that AFTER they fired on him.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas

One point zinc, they didn't know what he had in that pocket until after they shot him. Not saying I'd wait if a guy was reaching just saying it's irrelevant/fact not in evidence at the time. Can't say he was "reaching for a pistol" only that he was reaching, possibly for a weapon.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That's where audio would help.

I can't tell if he was shot for reaching, or grabbed at a would after being shot.

At that range with a carbine, if think they could keep it center mass in which case he seemed to be reaching pretty low for a wound.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I wouldnt reach for anything. You put your hands out the window. You keep them ass far away from the center of your body as possible. In that situation I wouldn't have put them near my body or pockets even if they told me to. IF you're paranoid, they could be asking you to disarm only to shoot you when you touch it, so why go for it at all?

Lay down, hands way out there, and let them disarm you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    One point zinc, they didn't know what he had in that pocket until after they shot him. Not saying I'd wait if a guy was reaching just saying it's irrelevant/fact not in evidence at the time. Can't say he was "reaching for a pistol" only that he was reaching, possibly for a weapon.

IF he reached before the shot, I'd call it justified.

You just don't grab for anything in a situation like this.

Sent from my HAL 9000

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    That's where audio would help.

I can't tell if he was shot for reaching, or grabbed at a would after being shot.

At that range with a carbine, if think they could keep it center mass in which case he seemed to be reaching pretty low for a wound.

Sent from my HAL 9000

There also could have been a complete miss by one of the officers handguns, then he lowered his hands to go for a weapon.

Mute point without audio.

One reason this video might have been released (without audio) is because it SEEMS pretty cut & dried.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    There also could have been a complete miss by one of the officers handguns, then he lowered his hands to go for a weapon.

Mute point without audio.

One reason this video might have been released (without audio) is because it SEEMS pretty cut & dried.

Audio would confirm that one way or the other. IF they shot at him while his hands were up he is justified defending himself, and the officer(s) shooting should be hung. That's a real big IF though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Or have the FBI switch to FLIR view on the tax paid for camera. The options are blacked out on the video.

Then you could see a better view of cold metal and hot hands. It'd also show which firearm was fired first by the heat sig.

None of us will ever see that version.

Top Bottom