• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2015
    Mine was a Ruger Security Six I was fifteen,a guy gave me the pistol for what was left of a vw super beetle parts car me and my dad had.Figured once I had a pistol I could have any car I wanted,HaHa,kidding yall just kidding.
    Target Sports

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Ruger Single Six, old model, 5.5" barrel, convertible. Stolen by a neighbor's brother.

runninmike

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Pflugerville, tx
    H&R Model 949 or 969....9 shot double action 5.5" bbl .22 lr revolver....loud as hell like a .22 magnum....don't miss it....have had maybe a 100 different handguns since then in all (or many)makes and calibers, and a pretty thick assortment now in my armory....

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    H&R Model 949 or 969....9 shot double action 5.5" bbl .22 lr revolver....loud as hell like a .22 magnum....don't miss it....have had maybe a 100 different handguns since then in all (or many)makes and calibers, and a pretty thick assortment now in my armory....
    I wish we could've had a conversation before you sold it. I had one stolen & I still miss it.

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    SPRINGFIELD XD Service
    Sold that not long after I took possession of my dad's old duty weapon an early Gen 3 GLOCK 17. I just shot the GLOCK better than the XD.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    My first pistol was a Glock 21.
    Big gun and it was a lot of fun but I have since moved on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    S&W sigma 9mm. You could get about 3 rounds in a row to fire before it would jam/stovepipe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    S&W sigma 9mm. You could get about 3 rounds in a row to fire before it would jam/stovepipe.

Ah man those things. Have they gotten better in recent years? I remember a co-worker saying it was "S&W's GLOCK at much lower price". Could never get him to go shoot competition with me :(

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Ah man those things. Have they gotten better in recent years? I remember a co-worker saying it was "S&W's GLOCK at much lower price". Could never get him to go shoot competition with me :(
    this was 8-10 years ago. I sold the danged thing about 5 years ago to a coworker who knew the problem. I did quite a bit of polishing and finally got it to run somewhat reliably, but still had enough issues that when I took my CHL course, I chose to use my brothers 1911 for the shooting portion although I hadn't shot one In close to 10 years. I shot a box of 50 rounds the evening before the test and scored a 247. I didn't want to have to deal with the sigma jamming while taking my test!

jfl3rd

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2016
    Sig P226

Still have it and take it out shooting every now and then even though I'm a bigger fan of the PPQ line.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    With some old Dallas history down memory lane-----

Ruger 6" Mark 1 or 2 22lr bought at Montgomery Wards in Northtown Mall when I was 14 in 1969. I gave the money to Dad, and he bought it.

Somehow or another the Farmers Branch Police came out to our private property in the country, which is now Valley Ranch. They came totally unglued at me (14 yo) for open carrying, even though on private property.

I carried that gun in my car every weekend to Texas A&M and Dallas in the early 70's. I was 17-18 yo. TDPS was not happy about that and convinced me to get riot shotgun instead.

I traded the pistol in on an Ithaca 37 riot gun at Walnut Hill Gun Shop. A buddy of mine told me that Ira, an employee had my pistol chromed and was carrying it in a shoulder rig telling folks that he carried it in Vietnam! Haha

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Mine was a Taurus Model 65 or 66. It shot well despite a stiff trigger. The cylinders were rough and high pressure 357 mag cases would sometimes stick after firing and at that time I really liked hot loads. After a few months I got rid of it and got a Ruger Redhawk 357 / nice smooth cylinders.

longtalltechsan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Midland
    Mine was a Kahr MK-9 that I bought from a coworker. It was a good entry gun and I used it for concealed carry. I eventually sold it. I would say it was one of the better Kahr's. I owned a CW45 and had problems with the slide shaving the polymer rails.

Top Bottom