• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I’m no Trump hater. In fact I liked & supported most of his agenda. I did not like his immature & ignorant behavior that turned off a lot of independent voters and unnecessarily created huge blowback from the “establishment”, plus most of our allies.
    His next book should be titled, “ The Art of the Screw-up”.

I hope the next republican can successfully bring the same agenda with a more constructive approach.
    Lynx Defense

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I’m no Trump hater. In fact I liked & supported most of his agenda. I did not like his immature & ignorant behavior that turned off a lot of independent voters and unnecessarily created huge blowback from the “establishment”, plus most of our allies.

I hope the next republican can successfully bring the same agenda with a more constructive approach.

Why do you feel he was a “grifter”? (Per your previous post)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016

Next Republican? You really are an optimist!

With the treatment Trump received from Never Trump Republicans during his term, and from all RINOS after, more than many conservative Trumpers are willing to destroy the Republican party by not voting for it's national candidates, even if that leads to more Democrat rule and excess.

Just more reason why Texas should step aside to get out of the way before that happens.

"More than many" - a number sufficient to keep a Republican candidate from winning.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Why do you feel he was a “grifter”? (Per your previous post)

He “worked” worked the system for decades as a New York developer.
    Need I say more?

Not to mention his sleazy personal behavior.

But I’m glad he chewed up the establishment republican guard so much that maybe the GOP will have the balls to regain their original course before they started behaving like the totally corrupt democrats.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

If you actually listened to him and heard what he was saying you could hardly think him immature or ignorant. That perception was the result of short quotes taken out of context with the intent of making him look bad, and it worked which is exactly the opposite of Biden, where they have to cut and splice nearly everything he says to get an intelligible soundbite. I was happy to vote for him twice and would love to vote him back into office again.

I respect you loyality to the USA, but why even have states if you believe out first governmental loyalties should be towards the Federal system? I am loyal to my state first, and my loyalties extend to the Federal system only so long as they respect my consent to be governed by the strict interpretation of our founding documents. With a SCOTUS that completely abdicated they duty to settle a dispute between the states and various other infringements of rights and liberties expressly protected by our Bill of Rights, my loyalties are wearing thin.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Niemand Besonderes

Nobody Special
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2020
    Williamson County
    In our union of states the States are primary, not the Union. The States are the Principal and the federal government is the Agent. Not the other way around. The States would still exist without the Union. There is no union without the States.
    Who would say that they love their neighborhood or their HOA above their own home and family?

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    In our union of states the States are primary, not the Union. The States are the Principal and the federal government is the Agent. Not the other way around. The States would still exist without the Union. There is no union without the States.
    Who would say that they love their neighborhood or their HOA above their own home and family?
    There wouldn't be a Union of States, but we might find out there still remains a United States Corporation that owns all federal property.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    He “worked” worked the system for decades as a New York developer.
    Need I say more?

Not to mention his sleazy personal behavior.

But I’m glad he chewed up the establishment republican guard so much that maybe the GOP will have the balls to regain their original course before they started behaving like the totally corrupt democrats.

I don’t think any of that makes him a grifter. I don’t think he was lying to people or pretending to be something other than what he was for economic gain. I don’t think a lot of his personal behavior was very good, especially concerning his marriage. But that’s not really grifting. And his political ambitions cost him much more money that he made from them so I don’t believe his running for office was a grift.

As for the Rs, it seems now that he’s gone they are back to only attempting to be ever so slightly to the right of the Democrats for the most part. And the old guard will probably be happy to see any freshman upstarts thrown under the bus.

LAWJIC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2021
    Waco, Tx
    I decided to join the Texas Nationalist Movement last night or commonly called TEXIT because we have to do something to combat what biden is doing. Today he past more stupidity he past that the federal govt will pay for foreign abortions, passed another one that said Chin Virus or Wuhan virus will not be used in the federal govt. He so far passed 40 executive orders that are bringing the United States to it's knees . Even Rush agrees that we will never win another election with what they are doing.

IM IN...

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I have great respect for the Constitution, which is why I don't want to be part of a nation who's Executive and Legislative branches pass and enforce laws which clearly violate it and where the courts abdicate their responsibilities as given in the Constitution. If the rest of the USA won't respect the Constitution then we will kick them out of the USA even if it means we are the only ones left.

Err, it was hardly "settled".

Ever wonder why none of the CSA leaders was ever tried for what were called "crimes"?

Well, I'll tell you why. Lincoln had acted completely illegally and extraconstitutionally in invading making war on the South. the Yankees KNEW this full well, and realized that any public trial would have exposed Lincoln's multiple serious crimes.

So NOT "settled". Read the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution !

leVieux

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Err, it was hardly "settled".

Ever wonder why none of the CSA leaders was ever tried for what were called "crimes"?

Well, I'll tell you why. Lincoln had acted completely illegally and extraconstitutionally in invading making war on the South. the Yankees KNEW this full well, and realized that any public trial would have exposed Lincoln's multiple serious crimes.

So NOT "settled". Read the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution !

leVieux
    Oh, I never suggested sovereign States withdrawing their consent was settled. I don't think it should be come-and-go, or taken lightly, but it isn't a one way street and if Texas or others want to leave. They should be able to leave.

And a fiat declaration (executive order) suspending Habaes Corpus is one of the most single revolting things any president has ever done to violate rights and the rule of law.

Last edited:

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I don't support secession. But I do support state nullification of unjust federal laws. I would like to see Texas and other states tell the feds that any federal attempt to enforce those laws will be stymied....up to and including the arrest of fed officials for official oppression and other state laws. Gum up the works bad enough, and the fed will have to decide how to react. If the fed overreacts, other states will resist as well.

Eventually, the Bi-Coms will only have power in their few loyal areas and be forced to leave the rest of the nation alone.....

Niemand Besonderes

Nobody Special
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2020
    Williamson County
    I don't support secession. But I do support state nullification of unjust federal laws. I would like to see Texas and other states tell the feds that any federal attempt to enforce those laws will be stymied....up to and including the arrest of fed officials for official oppression and other state laws. Gum up the works bad enough, and the fed will have to decide how to react. If the fed overreacts, other states will resist as well.

Eventually, the Bi-Coms will only have power in their few loyal areas and be forced to leave the rest of the nation alone.....
    Not saying that's a bad idea but why be part of a bloated bureaucratic (and frankly, globalist) system like that where the best thing that we can do is to say "No!" to almost everything that comes out of it?
    It's been almost 60 years since the National Firearms Act and almost 50 years since we found the lost abortion clause hiding in plain sight in the Constitution. Why haven't we nullified them?
    I'm still waiting to hear what some of the benefits are to belonging to this suicide pact.

Reactions: gll

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    175 years ago this month, Texas transferred authority from Republic to US STATE.
    February 19, 1846, the last president of Texas, Anson Jones turned over the gov't to Governor James Pinckney Henderson. Jones declared "The Republic of Texas is no more."

Since joining the US, Texas and the US agreed to many conditions. Not many (if any) are still valid or agreed to. (the right to secede and to split into up to 5 stares are a few)

I imagine the Native Americans that signed treaties with the US gov't feel they were lied to as well.

TEXIT may not be the final answer but Article V 'might' put the 'genie-back-in-the-bottle'?

The States have ceded WAY too much power to the US gov't!

Brewgones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Pasadena
    I decided to join the Texas Nationalist Movement last night or commonly called TEXIT because we have to do something to combat what biden is doing. Today he past more stupidity he past that the federal govt will pay for foreign abortions, passed another one that said Chin Virus or Wuhan virus will not be used in the federal govt. He so far passed 40 executive orders that are bringing the United States to it's knees . Even Rush agrees that we will never win another election with what they are doing.

Preach brother. We're on track to lose this country.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    Well guys I don't know your financial situations but I paid into Social Security and Medicare for 50 years and I'll be damned if I will walk away and leave the money to the libtards. Now I know there isn't really any money so don't bother with that explanation but the checks and medical care have been coming pretty regularly since then and I know Texas (though I love her dearly) couldn't pick up that burden. Therefore, yes, it is a pipe dream or a big upheaval for many people and I will boldly say many of you included.

Top Bottom