Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Really, you're gonna throw the ladies under the bus? :p

How's the Verizon Mitch?

1 week in and no real complaints. 4G in this small burg I live in and 3G in the rural areas.
    Don't get the drops during hand-offs like I did with my old ATT service.
    Gun Zone Deals

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    OK, so I finally got off my a$$ and grabbed a Galaxy S3, now what case?!?

It's extremely thin so I want to add to that MAINLY on the backside (I don't like a high lip around the screen). I also want something kind of non slip so lay it on me peeps. I gotz five dolla burn a hole! ;)

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Thanks, not a fan of OBs.

I don't need a belt clip, just a slightly deeper protective non slip case.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Why didnt you get the S4? *I dont know the diff*
    I have narrowed it down to S4 or the Note2. By the time I can make the purchase, the Note 3 will be out and thats probably what Iwill go with.
    I have been looking at cases for the 2 that are out. I would def get one with a "kickstand." They hold the phone up on its side. Plus its built into the case.

2sam22

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Georgetown, TX
    Now that I've had the S4 for a few months I'm happy to still be able to say it's a great phone. Lots of features, battery life is very good even with wifi, GPS, and blue tooth on constantly.
    I'd buy it again if I had it to do over.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Why didnt you get the S4? *I dont know the diff*
    I have narrowed it down to S4 or the Note2. By the time I can make the purchase, the Note 3 will be out and thats probably what Iwill go with.
    I have been looking at cases for the 2 that are out. I would def get one with a "kickstand." They hold the phone up on its side. Plus its built into the case.
    Honestly, I don't remember! lol ... that punk kid was rattling off features back and forth on the models I was considering and this old fart got confoosed. :mad:

Biggest difference is S3=2 core processor while S4=4 core which is faster, but will use more battery life too. I simply don't need or want the latest bells n whistles on the S4. The S3 is a HUGE jump in technology from what I had. The phone is my hot spot connection to the laptop and the speed is now ~10 times faster :cool:.

While I've only had it few hours, so far I like it EXCEPT for the ringtone! Geez, the ones that come 'in the box' are not only gay as hell but not very loud. If anyone can lead me to truly FREE ringtones, especially the classic ring sound, I'd be forever thankful. ;)

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Now that I've had the S4 for a few months I'm happy to still be able to say it's a great phone. Lots of features, battery life is very good even with wifi, GPS, and blue tooth on constantly.
    I'd buy it again if I had it to do over.
    That's the one thing really has me concerned. Just as I was down to deciding between the last 2 models, the guy looked up some info and said the S3 battery wasn't very good compared to the S4. He said they fixed the issue on the S4 but swayed my fear saying the S3 battery was still a significant improvement over what I had. We shall see .....

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    The S3 I picked up Friday evening did not see a charger until Saturday when at 1400hrs it was 100% charged and unplugged. No phone calls and some web surfing via phone but the vast majority of the time it was linked as my internet hot spot and is now at 23% charged. Not bad IMO.

Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    Can't stand APPLE just recently got a Galaxy G4. I really like the Android system. It does have it's minor faults. As far as I- Phone goes. Those people wold make you think their phone can be compared to a GLOCK or HK. I just can't stand anything with an Apple operating system..

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Can't stand APPLE just recently got a Galaxy G4. I really like the Android system. It does have it's minor faults. As far as I- Phone goes. Those people wold make you think their phone can be compared to a GLOCK or HK. I just can't stand anything with an Apple operating system..
    Easy there bud, Glocks are perfect unlike ANY 1911.

:p

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Worst thing (one of) about the iPhone is the lack of a user replaceable battery.

Yes sir, it's MY phone so let ME make minor changes.

The supposed reason is due to space. Hard-wire the battery in and it takes less space than making room for connectors to make it removable; same thing with the back cover. Now the other reason, and more likely reason, is that when the battery does diminish to the point of no return, you'd either bring it to Apple for battery replacement OR just buy a new phone (THE most likely).

illixir

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Colorado City
    The supposed reason is due to space. Hard-wire the battery in and it takes less space than making room for connectors to make it removable; same thing with the back cover. Now the other reason, and more likely reason, is that when the battery does diminish to the point of no return, you'd either bring it to Apple for battery replacement OR just buy a new phone (THE most likely).

I dont think space is the issue as it still has a removable connector on the mainboard which is actually quite larger than most contact connectors found in user replaceable models. I cant stand how apple releases new products that have strikingly similar results on the spec sheets but somehow they are "new" and "improved" by software thats a free download anyway. I wouldnt trade my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for anything!

Sent from the middle if nowhere via Samsung Galaxy Note 2

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    I dont think space is the issue as it still has a removable connector on the mainboard which is actually quite larger than most contact connectors found in user replaceable models.

That's why I used the word "supposed". Not saying that's the real reason; it's just one of "their" reasons.

I cant stand how apple releases new products that have strikingly similar results on the spec sheets but somehow they are "new" and "improved" by software thats a free download anyway. I wouldnt trade my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for anything!

Sent from the middle if nowhere via Samsung Galaxy Note 2

I've got an iPhone 5 since it was released and have had a Galaxy S4 this past month. Even though the S4, spec-wise, should blow the iPhone 5 out of the water, the iPhone 5 just seems more seamless. I've had numerous apps crash on the S4 in which I rarely have an issue with the same app on the iPhone 5. Battery life on each is, meh, not the greatest. I will have to say, though, that the S4 is getting more refined than the previous models. To give it a fair shake, I've been using the S4 almost exclusively for the past few weeks.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    For cases, look into Trident cases. Been running one for a year, and boy it's saved my phone, especially from the most dangerous cause, ME! The cyclops is like the otter box, but I went with the step down, the Aegis, and got a different screen protector, the EXiM SPUC.

Cases
    http://www.tridentcase.com/shop-products/samsung-galaxy-s-iii/

Best screen protector, and the last you'll ever need... If you ask what I base that off, I have been a techie for 20 years and worked for Att mobility for years. Also, the only screen protector to give you that "glass" feeling that your screen should have, not the rubbery drag feeling like the invisishield gives you.

http://shop.eximstyle.com/Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-3S-3-S-i9300-a4-m2476.aspx

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
    Top Bottom