• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • will083031

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    san antonio
    Hi everyone I need to replace my cell phone the two I have done research on is the Samsung galaxy3 and the iPhone 4S. I had a HTC inspire but someone stole it so need a new phone. The only differences I see in the above phones is the G3 has a bigger screen and is 4G LTE. Anyone have any other suggestions I use AT&T service tanks.
    Target Sports

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have a 4s, not all that impressed. But I don't care for apple so I'm biased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    I have an Iphone4 and I am not impressed with apple. Just never have for some reason. If you have a windows based pc, expect Itunes to slow it way down.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I initially bought the iPhone 5. Couldn't deal with the wait, so I canceled it and got the Samsung Galaxy S3. I'm so impressed by this phone, and recommend it to anyone.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I've had an iPhone now for about 5 years. Won't ever go back and I'm not a big apple fan. Best thing is when they updated the software that let me toss iTunes out the window. Haven't plugged my phone into a computer for months. Still have access to 47gb of music.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Iphone 4s here too.
    Previous was a Droid X, and had Blackberry prior to Droid.

I see no need to fool with any other phone. This is the first phone that I have no desire to mod/rom/tweak...and I don't necessarily wish to upgrade next year.
    The rest of them, I couldn't wait for the 2 yr cycle to come up.

ZeR0BuG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    SE, TX
    I've got the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon... I love it... Stock Android is the only way to go. Now if the carriers would just under stand that.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I now I'm resurrecting an old thread, but are the galaxy users still happy with their phones? I am finally dumping this old iPhone 3 and can get the Galaxy for 99 bucks.
    I think my only concern is my pics and music (400 songs), getting to the Galaxy.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when nobody is watching"

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    June or July will be 2yrs with a GalaxyS. Besides having to do a hard reset 6-10 times the only other issue I had was the speaker worked intermittantly for a while but "fixed" itself. Didn't bother me I couldn't hear the phone ring :cool:

I am looking to move from ATT to Smartalk though. Anyone with that experience?

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I don't care for the fancy smancy shit on the new phones. As far as using the phone as a camera you can't beat the Iphone 5. It is as good or better than my GoPro Hero 3

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I've got the Galaxy SIII. Love it. Best phone I've ever had. Its fast, gets great reception, has two cameras, plenty of storage, a badass battery, no complaints at all. I went on amazon and found a Ballistic® case for it for about $30. I'm debating painting the case a different color but that's my only complaint.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Gentleman... We have a Galaxy S3.
    Should be here in a couple of days...
    Now... If I just lived in the country so I could blast this old iPhone into oblivion.

skeath

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    McKinney
    My first smart phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3. I chose it over the iPhone because two friends,
    both technically savvy, were changing from an iPhone to the Samsung. I have been very happy
    with it, although some features are not well-documented. The large screen makes internet
    browsing very nice.

SK

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I'm definitely looking forward to the larger screen. And larger memory.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    My first smart phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3. I chose it over the iPhone because two friends,
    both technically savvy, were changing from an iPhone to the Samsung. I have been very happy
    with it, although some features are not well-documented. The large screen makes internet
    browsing very nice.

SK

Starting with an S3 you're going to be spoiled! LOL

My first "smart phone" was one of the old BBs with the roller wheel on the side. It was awesome when others still had to dial in on their laptops and plug in their their Palm Pilots to sync up and get their email on them.

One of the guys at work has the Note. Its huge but its great if you travel. Much easier for reading than the tiny BB Kindle App, and much faster for internet.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    Apple products are for artsy liberal types that want to be "hip" like all their shitty music loving friends. Build a phone out of Duct tape and WD-40 before you get an iPhone. Lol, yes, I own a samsung.

Seriously, Apple doesn't allow customization to the extent android products do. I have the Galaxy Note, and had the Galaxy S before that. If you are technically inclined just a little bit, go with the samsung. If you are not technically proficient in the least, go with apple, as it will be easy for you.

jeffro2912

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Ft. Worth
    Apple products are for artsy liberal types that want to be "hip" like all their shitty music loving friends. Build a phone out of Duct tape and WD-40 before you get an iPhone. Lol, yes, I own a samsung.

Seriously, Apple doesn't allow customization to the extent android products do. I have the Galaxy Note, and had the Galaxy S before that. If you are technically inclined just a little bit, go with the samsung. If you are not technically proficient in the least, go with apple, as it will be easy for you.

There is one thing apple offers that most don't, it's called long term reliability. They do this by using premium products (hard drives, ram, cpu's, etc) whereas most others cut corners. It may lack some of the customization that android based products posses, but I know my apple products will work reliably for years to come. Unfortunately, I have not had similar reliability from the android products I've owned. Call me a fanboy, I honestly don't care, I just know what has worked well for me and what has not.

Top Bottom