• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    I've had my S3 about 1 1/2 months now, and I really enjoy it. My last phone was a IPhone 3g, and was pretty tired of it.

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

There's your problem right there ... the iPhone has come a looooooong way since then. I was ok with my 4s, but upgraded to the 5 just to get the LTE and larger screen. World of difference just between those 2 things.
    Lynx Defense

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    There's your problem right there ... the iPhone has come a looooooong way since then. I was ok with my 4s, but upgraded to the 5 just to get the LTE and larger screen. World of difference just between those 2 things.

I agree....

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    I been reading this thread to learn from ya.. My BlackBerry Bold has done well for me but my contract is up next month with Sprint. I would like to continue with the BB 10 but I think sprint is not going to carry them anytime soon. Does anyone have the windows platform? How does that work for you? I just might have to break-down and get an iphone.

Still using a BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Well my phone / computer hot spot finally bit the bullet and I'm bOrrowing a friend's iPhone 3G (I think that's the model).
    Getting used to Apple OS/layout because I have nO option. It is buying me time before my next purchase. Tomorrow I dnld iTunes to get drives for computer connection. Damn this screen is small. Lol

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    I went from iphone4 to the Note and now the Note II, which in turn caused me to get the Note 10.6 tablet. Love these things, very fast, can jot down and save simple notes to editing excell and word docs, not to mention photo editing.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    June or July will be 2yrs with a GalaxyS. Besides having to do a hard reset 6-10 times the only other issue I had was the speaker worked intermittantly for a while but "fixed" itself. Didn't bother me I couldn't hear the phone ring :cool:

I am looking to move from ATT to Smartalk though. Anyone with that experience?

Do you mean Straight Talk?

I'm considering the move as well ... at one point, if you prepay for a year, the charge is for 11 months. Not sure that promotion still exists.
    But would run about $42/month per line, unlimited voice/text - 2G data.

Looking at a Galaxy S3 or iPhone 4S

Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I've got straight talk. I've had it for about 3 years now. I have used all the major prepaid plans and half of the contract companies. Straight talk is the best for me. I miss Verizon because their service was just badass and they had all kinds of cool features...but they were too expensive. AT&T has been ok depending on where you are but also expensive. Virgin Mobile was cheap but with the low quality of phones as well as horrible customer service..no thanks. Cricket was just crappy phones and poor coverage. Boost mobile was the same. TracPhone was actually pretty badass but hella expensive. So they got with walmart and came out with straight talk. Then, walmart went a step further and put all their smart phones on the AT&T network. So if you get a Samsung galaxy through walmart, you're getting tracphone reliability with AT&T service and walmart pricing.

And yes-you can still buy a years worth at a time and get a month free. If you buy 6 months, you get half a month free.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Do you mean Straight Talk?

I'm considering the move as well ... at one point, if you prepay for a year, the charge is for 11 months. Not sure that promotion still exists.

WHEN I talk straight, it sounds smart sooo ... ;)

I'm now month-month and I can go anywhere. If Straight Talk is using AT&T towers there should be no service difference so at this point I've got nothing to lose but could cut the bill nearly in half.

Maybe we are looking at different plans but I thought they had unlimited data too. If I'm limited to 2GB data then there's probably no reason for me to switch.

skeath

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    McKinney
    I went with the Samsung Galaxy S3, mainly because two knowledgeable people I knew were dumping iPhones for the Samsung.
    The large screen makes web browsing easy. I have been very impressed.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    After using tablets, smart phones, and everything in between. I am switching back to Nokia 3310 + a tablet

apple-iphone-vs-nokia-3310.jpg

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish

In the end, when I put pencil to paper, ST vs ATT vs Verizon really had very little difference in price when factoring in the cost of the phone and spreading the overall cost over 2 years.

My trusted and reliable LG VU finally gave it up. The touch screen began doing strange things and the unlock and accept buttons stopped working.

Been with ATT for almost 20 years, drove to the local ATT store and an employee was locking the door. It was 7:20 and the sign on the front said open till 7:30. It was close, I know, but the guy was just rude in speech and hand gestures ... no exaggeration.

So I gestured back and went to Verizon. The wife will follow in December.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    So I gestured back and went to Verizon.
    LoL

No doubt he had a bad day and took it out on you but that is the exception. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

I'm dragging my feet on a new phone, mostly because I'm afraid of not having coverage at home, data "slow downs" or whatever they called, customer service, and phone repair(s) if I didn't buy the phone through the provider.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    LoL

No doubt he had a bad day and took it out on you but that is the exception. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

I'm dragging my feet on a new phone, mostly because I'm afraid of not having coverage at home, data "slow downs" or whatever they called, customer service, and phone repair(s) if I didn't buy the phone through the provider.

LOL ... good point.

Been researching for a while ...
    Verizon is the carrier used at my place of work so I get a rate discount and neighbors have Verizon and have no issue with coverage here.

Now if it were Sprint T-Mobile ...

2sam22

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Georgetown, TX
    I'm prefer Android over the iPhone myself, although my family has converted to all Macs and never looked back since 2008. Go figure. Anyway, I've had the Samsung S4 since the day it first came out (2 weeks ago?) and it's a nice phone and an even better camera. That's a plus for me since my wife or daughter managed to lose our digital camera in the move.

1994SVTLightning

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    I personally use a rooted and custom rom'd Samsung Galaxy Note and its pure tits. The custom ROMs aren't as stable as the iOS but that comes with ASOP android software period. I'd take a buggy droid over iOS any day. Enjoy your galaxy. No complaints here.

I personally would invest in a ghost armor complete skin immediately and a Seidio Active case. I have the one with the built in kickstand. The ghost armor protects from scratches on the case caused from dirt that gets trapped between the case and phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    Iphone 4s here too.
    Previous was a Droid X, and had Blackberry prior to Droid.

I see no need to fool with any other phone. This is the first phone that I have no desire to mod/rom/tweak...and I don't necessarily wish to upgrade next year.
    The rest of them, I couldn't wait for the 2 yr cycle to come up.
    I have the 4s as well. on att
    love it

Top Bottom