Not open for further replies.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Until the late 19th or early 20th Century, the Middle East was a region of large cities with indistinct extra-urban territorial boundaries, unlike modern western nations which traditionally have clearly marked national borders.

Historians & Anthropologists tell that ‘’Palestine’’ was an ethnicity, whose Bedouin peoples lived across the poorly demarcated city-states of the Middle East; not a geographic ‘’nation’’. They frequently and voluntarily moved from one city-state into or across others, seasonally.

Israel is and was a Nation of People, in a historically recognized physical place, but twice forced into exile & diaspora by foreign military occupiers.

The creation of modern ‘’Palestine’’ as a geographic entity was a ploy to displace Israelis once again.

Is the above correct?

Is there actual legitimmate fact-based argument against that explanation ?

If you know, please explain in reply.

leVieux

<>
    ARJ Defense ad

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    Don't worry! Great Leader Obama made sure the US military would no longer be equipped or organized to handle a major war in multiple theaters during his Presidency. You can rest easy now.
    "Multiple theaters"? Obozo neutered us so badly, we're not gonna be able to handle anything that's sustained, area, regional, or theater.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    "Multiple theaters"? Obozo neutered us so badly, we're not gonna be able to handle anything that's sustained, area, regional, or theater.

Before the Great Barry, US military doctrine was to be prepared to fight a war in Europe and one in Asia simultaneously. Good thing the Dems decided that was never going to be necessary again, right?

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    WW Three was not supposed to happen in my life once the Berlin Wall fell.
    The wall fell over a generation ago (yes it's been that long!), there's over a generation of American idiots that think communism is cool and due to a certain halfrican the under-25 crowd is rather pro-'anti-colonialist' despite the fact that 'anti-colonialist' means anti-West and anti-White. These dolts genuinely believe that today's Jews - whose great-grandparents saw 1/3 of World Jewry murdered in 4 years - are somehow oppressing arabs that have far more land and far more population.
    Of course, they scream about 'OCCUPATION' and 'GENOCIDE' when Israel withdrew from Gaza in 2005, and the population has more than doubled in the last 18 years, so it's painfully obvious that facts and logic aren't their strong suit.

Eli

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    Before the Great Barry, US military doctrine was to be prepared to fight a war in Europe and one in Asia simultaneously. Good thing the Dems decided that was never going to be necessary again, right?
    Yep. You saying that reminds me of just how unprepared we were for desert fighting in 1991.

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    I almost forgot this, IDF statement about ham-ass using hospitals and such as infrastructure - which is done with the complicity of the Red Crescent and UN:

Eli
    Was an interesting video just watched 10 minutes ago.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    Yep. You saying that reminds me of just how unprepared we were for desert fighting in 1991.
    In 1989 I decided it was time for my Uncle and I to part ways, when it kicked off in Sadam land....I was told be ready to be called back, my MOS was apparently in short supply.
    I never did get called back to service and I'll never know how close I was?

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    unprepared we were for desert fighting in 1991. OR the Brits in WWII.
    Now the media is hounding the Defense companies. Excess revenue they say. When your weapons output is expected to increase 200% right away, that costs $$. Defense companies stock on the rise - when Bud's decreases. What would you expect? If a companies production increases 100%, it's revenue increases the same amount and also profits - that go back to SHAREHOLDERS! By dividends or selling! The way it's supposed to work. Overly spending tax $ on defense? 2022 spending US 3.1%, world 2.2% of GDP. US 2023 GDP=220T$.
    US education? 6.2% of GDP(2017 data) !!
    Digest that..

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    unprepared we were for desert fighting in 1991. OR the Brits in WWII.
    Now the media is hounding the Defense companies. Excess revenue they say. When your weapons output is expected to increase 200% right away, that costs $$. Defense companies stock on the rise - when Bud's decreases. What would you expect? If a companies production increases 100%, it's revenue increases the same amount and also profits - that go back to SHAREHOLDERS! By dividends or selling! The way it's supposed to work. Overly spending tax $ on defense? 2022 spending US 3.1%, world 2.2% of GDP. US 2023 GDP=220T$.
    US education? 6.2% of GDP(2017 data) !!
    Digest that..
    <>

The ‘’progressively graduated income tax’’ IS a form of SLAVERY !

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    In 1989 I decided it was time for my Uncle and I to part ways, when it kicked off in Sadam land....I was told be ready to be called back, my MOS was apparently in short supply.
    I never did get called back to service and I'll never know how close I was?

<>

Our Son was called back out of college into the USMC for Desert Storm for 6 months, then sent back.

Luckily, another Marine w/ same MOS volunteered to swap orders & their Major approved the swap, so our Guy stayed at Camp LeJeune.

<>

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Below is a good article about the possibilities for Gaza post-war.
    Likely, though, it would only be of interest to those familiar with the history of the area.

Not intending to derail the war thread - just no other place to put the link.

Carry on. :tankman:

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    Below is a good article about the possibilities for Gaza post-war.
    I was looking for the "Pave Paradise and Put Up A Parking Lot" solution and MG finds actual thoughtful solutions.

I think only one is halfway viable.

The Palastinian Authority solution may work. UN would just feed Terrorists more dollars. To date no Arab/Islamic state have wanted the challenge of being the go between and bank.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    I was looking for the "Pave Paradise and Put Up A Parking Lot" solution and MG finds actual thoughtful solutions.

The Palastinian Authority solution may work. UN would just feed Terrorists more dollars. To date no Arab/Islamic state have wanted the challenge of being the go between and bank.
    Or the challenge and the responsibility of supporting a welfare state.
    Sux as it would, I say let the UN take over; they created the mess. While they're at it, the UN headquarters could be moved to Gaza City, for more effective governing don'cha know.

Last edited:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

The so-called Palestinian Authority is weak and is the reason Hamas leadership are doubling as civil government. There's really not any viable solutions that will keep Gaza from just being more of the same, with more terrorist groups infesting it and more misery for everyone as the populace is used for human shields and militant recruits. Part of the problem is the Palestinian people themselves. How do you help someone who sees "suicide bomber" as a desirable "career" for their child? There won't be improvement until "kill all the Jews" isn't considered a reasonable opinion in Gaza.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom