• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    As little as a week ago, Japanese news crews took several videos of large ISIS truck convoys in Syria, so you are wrong, in at least that case.

A convoy of trucks is hardly a "concentration of enemy fighters", and if you do not target them it does not matter how many there are anyway. Go back to my first claim about cannot win given current ROE. It is a lost cause, all we can do is limit US losses.

eta

And sadly, our military does not have a capability to take out a long convoy anymore anyway. Those days are over too.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    A convoy of trucks is hardly a "concentration of enemy fighters", and if you do not target them it does not matter how many there are anyway. Go back to my first claim about cannot win given current ROE. It is a lost cause, all we can do is limit US losses.

Renegade,

ROTFL. - WHO do you think that the troops in those trucks were, if not ISIS fighters?? - Disneyland's Mouseketeers, perhaps??

yours, satx

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Renegade,

ROTFL. - WHO do you think that the troops in those trucks were, id not ISIS fighters?? - Disneyland's Mouseketeers, perhaps??

yours, satx

Provide Link to video and I will tell you.

Even if it was fighters, and was 200 trucks long, we do not have the capability to take it out. We would get a few trucks, but most would scatter.

eta

and a single instance of one convoy does not mean they will continue to do that after we take them out.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Renegade,

SORRY, I have neither the time nor interest in looking all over the ABC/CBS/Fox/NBC archives for videos that I suspect that you have seen already. = SORRY, I'm "too old of a bunny" to fall for that well-known "stalling tactic", which is designed to keep you from admitting that you are factually WRONG..
    (My guess is that you've read Alinsky's book & know that "tactic" for wasting my time/effort. - Sadly for you, I've read RULES FOR RADICALS, too.)

99+% of the time, what you asked me to do is nothing more or less than a WEAK attempt to keep from admitting that the person who demands "a link" doesn't want to admit that they are ill-informed and/or simply WRONG & are "playing for time", untthey can think of another equally weak argument. = IF a person falls for that tactic, then the person who demanded "a link" says, "That's not good enough. Go find other sources."
    (NO source will ever be GOOD ENOUGH for the person who is avoiding saying that they're WRONG & have irretrievably lost the argument.)

yours, satx

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Provide Link to video and I will tell you.

Even if it was fighters, and was 200 trucks long, we do not have the capability to take it out. We would get a few trucks, but most would scatter.

eta

and a single instance of one convoy does not mean they will continue to do that after we take them out.

Renegade, please don’t take offense but for arguments sake your comments are absurd. Our air assets smoked hundreds of Iraqi vehicles on Highway 80 in Kuwait in 1991 and the terrain in Syria isn’t exactly the Ho Chi Min trail with a tropical rain forest to hide the movement of vehicles. And we have ordnance that’s significantly improved over what was available at that time.

Even with 1991 technology, a FAC/ODA with eyes-on and artillery or air to ground assets online, or an overflight of A10’s using their 30mm guns, would turn a convoy of 200 vehicles to mince meat in a matter of minutes. Literally.

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Renegade, you’re comments have me wondering. Our air assets smoked a highway with a 2+ mile long convoy of vehicles in 1991 and the terrain in Syria isn’t exactly the Ho Chi Min trail.

A FAC/ODA with artillery or air to ground assets online or an overflight of A10’s, would turn a convoy of 200 vehicles to mince meat in a matter of minutes.

That was then, this is now.

We do not have the resources to do that in that area. Our Air-Ground is mostly limited to drones. If close to sea, maybe some F-18s. But continuous strafing from A-10s aint gonna happen.

Ask yourself, if there really was a 200 truck convoy, why was it not targeted....

But more to the point satx claim we can kill ISIS because they congregate in large numbers is proposterous. We might get 1-2 such congregations, but then they would change tactics. Duh.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Renegade,

SORRY, I have neither the time nor interest in looking all over the ABC/CBS/Fox/NBC archives for videos that I suspect that you have seen already. = SORRY, I'm "too old of a bunny" to fall for that well-known "stalling tactic", which is designed to keep you from admitting that you are factually WRONG..
    (My guess is that you've read Alinsky's book & know that "tactic" for wasting my time/effort. - Sadly for you, I've read RULES FOR RADICALS, too.)

99+% of the time, what you asked me to do is nothing more or less than a WEAK attempt to keep from admitting that the person who demands "a link" doesn't want to admit that they are ill-informed and/or simply WRONG & are "playing for time", untthey can think of another equally weak argument. = IF a person falls for that tactic, then the person who demanded "a link" says, "That's not good enough. Go find other sources."
    (NO source will ever be GOOD ENOUGH for the person who is avoiding saying that they're WRONG & have irretrievably lost the argument.)

yours, satx

So a video only you saw. Gotcha.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Good to know.... if the dem's win in 2020!

The DIMocRATS have NOBODY who has a prayer of defeating DJT & the smarter DIMs know that FACT.
    (I predict that in 2020 that the LEFTISTS, who are "driving the train", will pick another Dukakis-type who will lose in a HUGE defeat.).

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    So a video only you saw. Gotcha.

Laughing AT you for even trying that NONSENSE & that wouldn't fool my 11YO niece.
    (My niece is smarter than 90% of DIMocRATS.)

Do you believe that I'm stupid OR are you that SILLY/FOOLISH enough to believe that I am??

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    That was then, this is now.

We do not have the resources to do that in that area. Our Air-Ground is mostly limited to drones. If close to sea, maybe some F-18s. But continuous strafing from A-10s aint gonna happen.

Ask yourself, if there really was a 200 truck convoy, why was it not targeted....

But more to the point satx claim we can kill ISIS because they congregate in large numbers is proposterous. We might get 1-2 such congregations, but then they would change tactics. Duh.

Renegade, ONE thing is SURE: ISIS, after a few airstrikes, that wipe out their supply/troop convoys, training camps, HQ buildings & troop concentrations, won't be able to continue what they did & still are doing.

Since you claim to be an experienced CIA officer, tell everyone HOW that ISIS will be resupplied W/O supply/troop convoys.
    Hand-carrying, road marching and/or moving supplies by mules/horses is SLOW & difficult at best, especially with us having satellites to watch for such activities day/night.)

Laughing AT you.

yours, satx

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Renegade, ONE thing is SURE: ISIS, after a few airstrikes, that wipe out their supply/troop convoys, training camps, HQ buildings & troop concentrations, won't be able to continue what they did & still are doing.

Well after thousands of such air strikes over the last decade, how do you explain why they are still here? Maybe your presumption about how they operate and our deployable resources is wrong.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Since you claim to be an experienced CIA officer, tell everyone HOW that ISIS will be resupplied W/O supply/troop convoys.

Insurgents generally supply off the local economy, and move arms in POV and other smaller vehicles. Syria is a little different, the areas ISIS was in was more a war zone, and they were more open since they controlled territory. I will make a WAG and say 99% of arms originate in Iran.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Hand-carrying, road marching and/or moving supplies by mules/horses is SLOW & difficult at best, especially with us having satellites to watch for such activities day/night.)

Laughing AT you.

yours, satx

Right. Hand carrying can get picked up by satellites, but supply/troop convoys go unnoticed.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    In Nam we finally realized we were fighting Chinese, not N V. ME is a tribal area, nobody ever wins till they decide to be a 'nation'. Look at history of Russia, Germany, even Japan & China. All were tribal until WWI. Even the US was 'tribal' until the civil war. Hard to learn history. Russia pulled out of Afgan, now in Syria as it's easier and really is a better position.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Well after thousands of such air strikes over the last decade, how do you explain why they are still here? Maybe your presumption about how they operate and our deployable resources is wrong.

Renegade,

I see that you are still making ABSURD comments to try to cover-up your SILLY & very likely unknowing opinions. - Are you sure that you've ever led anybody in actual combat???
    If you have, WHO/WHEN/WHERE??

NOBODY (including during WWII with the Allied combined air forces) EVER knocked out every convoy/unit/fighter, so your comment is STUPID NONSENSE - What can be done is making moving anything evermore difficult/costly in men/money/time.

I think that you are smarter than that & you seem to HOPE that readers are IGNORANT, NAIVE & STUPID, too.

LOL, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Right. Hand carrying can get picked up by satellites, but supply/troop convoys go unnoticed.

Renegade,

WHO do you think that you are FOOLING with your SILLY & off-point nonsense?? - It's long past time to admit that you are just BLOWING SMOKE and/or perhaps you are TROLLING..

yours, satx

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    NOBODY (including during WWII with the Allied combined air forces) EVER knocked out every convoy/unit/fighter, so your comment is STUPID NONSENSE - What can be done is making moving anything evermore difficult/costly in men/money/time.

And just a few posts ago you said it was a sure thing they "won't be able to continue":

ONE thing is SURE: ISIS, after a few airstrikes, that wipe out their supply/troop convoys, training camps, HQ buildings & troop concentrations, won't be able to continue what they did & still are doing.

Now you have backtracked that to "evermore difficult/costly in men/money/time".

Top Bottom