• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Do you feel like you're trying to nail Jell-O to the wall?

SQLGeek,

May I suggest that you go read the entire conversation & you'll see that there are at least two (and probably several) different & valid opinions on this subject.
    (As I told Renegade, I have NO time & NO interest in going through all of the news broadcasts for the last 2 weeks to find a single video that I'd bet that he has seen & therefore knows about.)
    It's NO big, deep dark, secret that ISIS is still being allowed to do supply convoys & troop movements, using motor vehicles on the roads of Syria.
    (ImVho, ALL such ISIS troop movements & supply convoys should be bombed into oblivion, wherever & whenever seen.)
    Further, 99% of such demands by a member of an Internet site to find a video/post a link of of a TV broadcast are a "stalling tactic" to waste a members time, to avoid admitting the truth & nothing more than that.

I strongly suspect that IF a link to the video was posted to the forum, that he would still say that he's 100% correct & I'm wrong.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you/yours from both of us.

just my OPINIONS, satx

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    I’m thinking Trumps Syria announcement is part of an under the table agreement with Russia that has to do with the Crimea/Sea of Azov/Ukraine sh1tfest.

Seriously though, our mercenary forces (SDF/Peshmerga/Kurds and IDF/Israel) are gonna be running and gunning in Syria as long as Iran (Hezbollah) is there. They hate the Shiite ideological blasphemy worse than the Saudi’s, the problem is keeping Turkey from wacking our Kurdish allies and the ODA’s that are working with them if we’re not there in force.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Do you feel like you're trying to nail Jell-O to the wall?

I saw a convoy of trucks today. Do you know what was in them? If you ask me to post a picture of the trucks so you can make an informed opinion, then you are engaging in a "stalling tactic, to avoid admitting the truth & nothing more than that".

Nailing jello to the wall is easier than understanding that logic. I think I have figured out what Kar98 and others already know "WOPR: the only winning move is not to play."

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I’m thinking Trumps Syria announcement is part of an under the table agreement with Russia that has to do with the Crimea/Sea of Azov/Ukraine sh1tfest.

Seriously though, our mercenary forces (SDF/Peshmerga/Kurds and IDF/Israel) are gonna be running and gunning in Syria as long as Iran (Hezbollah) is there. They hate the Shiite ideological blasphemy worse than the Saudi’s, the problem is keeping Turkey from wacking our Kurdish allies and the ODA’s that are working with them if we’re not there in force.
    I saw the reports where Turkey threatened to attack the Kurds if US troops were not removed from Syria. As I never thought we should be involved in Syria, I support the withdrawal. But, we also need to let Turkey know that any action against the Kurds will be responded to with ICBMs....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    If Trump is a dummy for pulling out of Syria, that makes me one for voting for him.
    What I see going on in the ME is likely a game of chess.

Me, I like strategic mind games that keep our military 'boots on the ground' out of harms way until absolutely necessary.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I saw a convoy of trucks today. Do you know what was in them? If you ask me to post a picture of the trucks so you can make an informed opinion, then you are engaging in a "stalling tactic, to avoid admitting the truth & nothing more than that".

Nailing jello to the wall is easier than understanding that logic. I think I have figured out what Kar98 and others already know "WOPR: the only winning move is not to play."

Renegade,

Were the trucks in the convoy, that you say that you saw, flying ISIS flags, as the trucks in the Japanese news crews that were on netwok/cable TV, were?

LOL, satx

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Mattis’ replacement is the Deputy who also previously worked at Boeing according to statement from Trump. Having someone part of the Military-industrial complex is probably not a good idea if you are trying to withdrawal from conflicts.

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    Yes, I'm concerned that they don't get hit in the ASS by the door slamming shut and them getting hurt, then sueing for injuries.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If Trump is a dummy for pulling out of Syria, that makes me one for voting for him.

He is indeed a dummy for his Syrian action.
    You are not a dummy. We, in voting, had no other choice.

Yes. I did not vote for Trump, though he did get my vote.
    He got my vote because I was voting against Hillary.
    I'd have been much happier voting for Ted Cruz 2 years ago.
    I've beat that dead horse quite thoroughly.

My evening prayer is that I awaken to ten or fifteen GOP Senators that say, as a united block, "Enough Mr. Trump". Stop the misdirected impulsiveness.
    Our legislators? They don't have the cojones to do it because they live in fear of tomorrow's tweets. Pathetic and heartbreaking.

So much of what Mr. Trump is doing is antithetical to centuries of American values.
    How much damage is he allowed to do to our nation before we all say "Enough!!!".

Anyway, shot a coyote near Rio Medina an hour ago so life is good (not for the coyote). Love my suppressed IR thermal 5.56 bolt.

HKS

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Mattis’ replacement is the Deputy who also previously worked at Boeing according to statement from Trump. Having someone part of the Military-industrial complex is probably not a good idea if you are trying to withdrawal from conflicts.

Yep. And his job was focused on waste spending at Boeing. I wonder if he has experience in other more important matters?

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Trump has done some good things. Quite a few.

I wish he would quit shooting off his mouth, but that ain't gonna happen.

Don't like the isolationist bent, but none of us can be surprised. As HK sagely observed, Hillary was not an alternative so we have to take the good with the bad.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    The white house looks like a dumpster fire at this point. Never seen so many people bail out after 2 years in. Kind of like rats jumping off a sinking ship. It doesn’t look good.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Isolationism to an extent is good. Handouts to other nations is one of the reasons our nation is $22 trillion in debt.

The EU open borders policy and economic model is an example of the harm that comes with getting too cozy with other nations.

Brexit is analogous to some of the ills that are kicking our nations yass.

Top Bottom