• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    the number of high quality people checking out of the Trump administration.

Haley, Kelly and now Mattis. And those are just the latest.
    Military Camp

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    It has concerned me. Trump seems to have had more of that sort of thing than past presidents, and some seemed too soon as well.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Wouldn't have anything to do with Trump's announcement of "mission accomplished, lets all go home" in Syria, Putin praising him for it and Mattis opposing a withdrawal without a peace treaty thus setting us up for another forty fucking years of the Forever War... would it?

IECk8lM.png

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Mattis is retiring, to me that aint like he is bailing or get kicked to the curb.

*Mattis Made Decision to Step Down as Defense Secretary, He Said in Letter to Trump

*Mattis Said in Letter that Trump Had ‘Right to Have a Secretary of Defense Whose Views Are Better Aligned With Yours’

Sounds like bailing to me.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Mathis retiring over the reported pull out of Syria really concerns me. Is Trump and others in his Adminstration ignorant of recent history when Obama foolishly did the same? How that work out for us last time?

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    I find it hard to believe that the U.S. is pulling out of Syria entirely. In fact, I don’t believe it. Daesh, Quds and Hezbollahs presence being one of a number of reasons.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    I think President Trump uses all that administrative background static to confuse the media while he does his real stuff without interference.

Notice the market lately? All that uncertainty is really rocking the market. I'm all for Trump finally trying to tackle the China problem. But Trump's game of chicken with China and the perceived lack of stability in the Trump Adminstration is having a major impact on the market.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    I find it hard to believe that the U.S. is pulling out of Syria entirely. In fact, I don’t believe it. Daesh, Quds and Hezbollahs presence being one of a number of reasons.

Then why is Trump saying he's pulling our Troops?

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Trump’s Administration has certainly had its fair share of turnover already. I don’t underestimate the negative pressure/impact the MSM can have on both personal and professional lives but I don’t think the MSM plays the main role in those Cabinet members and high ranking advisors leaving.

I think Donald Trump is a hard (difficult) man to work for. His character/nature is viewed, by many, to be highly inconsistent and ephemeral. Frequently, this modus operandi undermines the sense of support subordinates feel they need, in order to effectively perform their jobs (i.e., he doesn’t have my back or he’s just as likely to pull the rug out from under me). This is a limitation (if not, outright handicap) in Trump’s ability to perform more effectively in Washington D.C.

I first began to think about the folks leaving his Administration back about mid-Summer. All Administrations experience this to some extent for a variety of personal reasons. Some get “burned out” before others, some jump at a chance for longer term employment assurances in Academia or business/corporations, some just want to retire and write their memoirs. But yes, an unusually high, top personnel turnover can adversely effect the Administration’s ability to ‘drain the swamp’.

It’s being reported tonight, Gen. Mattis tendered his letter of resignation due to having points of view that are at odds with the President. His retirement will be effective February 2019.

Top Bottom