• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    At least Mattis had the fortitude to say the President deserves someone who feels the same about his policies and step aside instead of hanging around and undermining him.

I dont know what to do in Syria
    I'm tired of those Jackasses altogether
    Piss on the whole lot of them
    None of them are friends of the USA
    They pretend to be but only to get money
    DK Firearms

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Let history be your guide on leaving troops in Syria or some other shit hole country in the Middle East. You'll make a grave mistake for both the economic and safety of this country and the free world by not doing so.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    It's a toss-up between winning the battles and losing the war; and being stuck in a unwinnable quagmire. See Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq.

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    Let history be your guide on leaving troops in Syria or some other shit hole country in the Middle East. You'll make a grave mistake for both the economic and safety of this country and the free world by not doing so.

You do know that's your opinion and doesn't carry much weight in the real world

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Could care less what the real world thinks. Nor should you. You and the real world aren't paying attention to what's going on in the Middle East, Crimea and the South China Sea.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I want to know what Mattis’ plan is for winning over there? Not a long, drawn out, eventual win(stalemate?) when we finally bring our guys home. The ME should be done and Afghanistan should have been done a long time ago. If they can’t figure out how to protect themselves from each other why should Americans die trying? Interesting, Mattis also said in his letter he didn’t think we should be the policeman of the world. Well, than why are we continuing to do it?

Food for thought; the Afghanistan war has been going on for just over 17 years. If it doesn’t end soon, there will be young guys going to battle there that were born when it started. Are we anywhere close to leaving? I joined in September 2004, honestly it probably should have been over by then.

ekim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2018
    ky
    Could care less what the real world thinks. Nor should you. You and the real world aren't paying attention to what's going on in the Middle East, Crimea and the South China Sea.

So why did you post it if no one should care / respond to it. As far as those countries are concerned they are a long way off. Unless you think we should go to war now and not wait til they push us to hard I'm glad you don't have a real say in the matter. Unless our government has lied to us about what we can do to them if need be at least those countries believe it and that's enough for now.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    How well did peace in our time work out in 1938? Millions would be alive today if the world hadn't waited.

Read Mathis' resignation letter closely. Nobody wants war. Mathis reasoning is sound. To pull back from what we've gained and fail to see what's going on in the world is a huge mistake. If Trump does what he says he doing (Syria) and what he's considering doing (Afghanistan), then he's making a historic blunder. Obama tried it and failed. We had to send troops back to fight after they were pulled out. Now Trump wants to do the same thing. Yet he's had the benefit of seeing that it didn't work for Obama.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    I would agree, except the world has changed a lot since then. China is a much greater power today. The ME is different compared to Nam. It's a region with a lot of bad players compared to just one country. And anyone of those bad players would use extreme measures without giving it a second thought. I'm not sure what the answer is. But pulling out isn't it.

Top Bottom