• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Except, it wasn't rats. It was gerbils. Not only that, it was the fleas on them that carried the disease, only nobody knew that at the time. There was no association of rats with the plague at the time of the plague, or gerbils, fleas, or even the actual disease.

giphy.gif

Someone say gerbils?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    "He says boycotts do not work. He is probably right, but not because companies don't care if they lose money, but because it is a realively small percentage of the cusotmer base that actually have the balls to boycott, thus the amount of money lost is not significant to that company."

I couldn't DISAGREE more.

dei corporations would love you to believe that...but boycotts DO work.

If 'boycotts' don't work why did Bud Light, Tractor Supply, Harley D, John Deere., J. Daniels, and more all stop (or least publicly claim) they were abandoning dei
    policies...because the loss of billions due to boycotts significantly affected their bottom line...

Boycotts and negative PR is effective in halting dei and don't let some corporate douch bag convince you otherwise.

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    Companies go woke at the behest of their bankers who are controlled by globalist billionaires that demand they toe the line.
    If the company can’t get along with the bankers to finance their business they are in for a tough time.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    "He says boycotts do not work. He is probably right, but not because companies don't care if they lose money, but because it is a realively small percentage of the cusotmer base that actually have the balls to boycott, thus the amount of money lost is not significant to that company."

If 'boycotts' don't work why did Bud Light, Tractor Supply, Harley D, John Deere., J. Daniels, and more all stop (or least publicly claim) they were abandoning dei
    policies...because the loss of billions due to boycotts significantly affected their bottom line...

Boycotts and negative PR is effective in halting dei and don't let some corporate douch bag convince you otherwise.

<>

Their “social justice” is my TYRANNY !

see: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/chick-fil-a-woke-diversity-controversy_n_64762adbe4b045ce24852bf4

The entire “social justice” push is just a move to confuse our Young into accepting totalitarianism.

Our enemies are well organized, stealthy, & persistent. They have successfully used our own resources against us.

<>

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    "Companies go woke at the behest of their bankers who are controlled by globalist billionaires that demand they toe the line."

Agreed, but why are globalist billionaires' so adamant in their support for sick/perverted sexual politics?

I don't think it's just a passing fad or something that spontaneously appeared in various western countries.

You don't see the insane celebration of men pretending to be women and vice versa, drag queers being heralded as great wise teachers, or just plain madness in dress or speech in Africa or the Middle East among other countries now do you...?

This cultural lunacy is rampant in western countries now for reasons I don't understand, though I know some see it as another way to reduce human population as beloved by our most ardent marxists i.e., globalist shitheads...

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    I'm amazed at the Target parking lot being full and the amount of time the 'boycot' has been in effect.

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    "Companies go woke at the behest of their bankers who are controlled by globalist billionaires that demand they toe the line."

Agreed, but why are globalist billionaires' so adamant in their support for sick/perverted sexual politics?

I don't think it's just a passing fad or something that spontaneously appeared in various western countries.

You don't see the insane celebration of men pretending to be women and vice versa, drag queers being heralded as great wise teachers, or just plain madness in dress or speech in Africa or the Middle East among other countries now do you...?

This cultural lunacy is rampant in western countries now for reasons I don't understand, though I know some see it as another way to reduce human population as beloved by our most ardent marxists i.e., globalist shitheads...
    The prince of darkness is at work in the world

sparkyv

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Deepinnaheartta, Texas
    Indeed!
    The prince of darkness is at work in the world

...and WELL-FUNDED!
    Those who fund the enemies of American Liberty are ubiquitous & entrenched.
    Our enemies are well organized, stealthy, & persistent. They have successfully used our own resources against us.

But this will only last for four years, at best.
    The only individual in sight with both the understanding & fortitude to do something effective to stop them is Trump. He won’t underestimate their chicanery again

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Indeed!

...and WELL-FUNDED!

But this will only last for four years, at best.

<>

U.S. Citizens will learn astounding things during Trump’s next term.

GOD willing. . . . . . .

And, while I’m no advocate of “dynasties” in democratic Republics; you think DJT, Jr. isn’t learning & preparing ?

Our future leaders must combine large-scale financial acumen with patriotism. Current political officeholders are causing great future damages by violating basic economic principles.

leVieux

<>

Last edited:

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL

Their intention is to install the new world order where there are billionaires and workers that will own nothing and like it.

RaySendero

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2020
    US South
    Black Rock Investments is a player!!!

They solely reserve the voting rights of the financial investments they manage.
    They use these voting rights to push there "low carbon footprint" and "net zero"
    environment initiative on companies they have stock voting rights.
    Have even gotten "Greenies" elected to oil company boards!

They also push DEI on companies but failed to explain exactly how they are going about this,
    Which makes them even more dangerous as they are not forth coming.

Look to see if Black Rock is managing your company's 401K

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Black Rock Investments is a player!!!

They solely reserve the voting rights of the financial investments they manage.
    They use these voting rights to push there "low carbon footprint" and "net zero"
    environment initiative on companies they have stock voting rights.
    Have even gotten "Greenies" elected to oil company boards!

They also push DEI on companies but failed to explain exactly how they are going about this,
    Which makes them even more dangerous as they are not forth coming.

Look to see if Black Rock is managing your company's 401K

<>

The only rational explanation would be if Black Rock is an arm of the WEF.

<>

RaySendero

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2020
    US South
    I don't see anything rational about Black Rock.
    Their pushing Green and DEI policies on the companies with the stock voting rights
    Only hurts the bottom line of these companies that they invest your money.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Regarding the boycotts, I believe the degree of visibility is a factor. Go into a grocery store, a restaurant or a bar, and buy Bud Light. People are going to see you with that Bud Light, and I think that’s why it hit AB so hard. Go into Lowes are Target, and nobody sees you there except those who are shopping there as well.

How many on this forum blast woke programming but still have a Netflix account? How many here blast censorship but still support Facebook? I mean, boycotts are great until they become inconvenient for the consumer.

As I type this on my Apple product, I’m well aware of glass houses and all that.

sparkyv

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Deepinnaheartta, Texas
    Ain't gonna be no dynasty. This will be a one-time 4-year event, then we'll go right back onto the down sloping highway to a Satanic NWO. DJT, Jr., JD Vance or anyone else ain't got nuthin' on DJT. They can't pull sleeper Conservatives into the polling booths like President Trump can.
    And, while I’m no advocate of “dynasties” in democratic Republics; you think DJT, Jr. isn’t learning & preparing ?

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    As for Target customers. A lot of people don't vote, haven't the slightest interest in or knowledge of politics or current events. These folks are happily unaware of what's going on and at some point will wonder what the heck happened.
    Boycotts do work if people boycott. Bud light, Tractor Supply, Harley D, Jack D, a few others we know about are examples.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas

"Boycotts don't work" is probably a lot more of a true statement than "boycotts do work" in the sense of track records with major corporations.

Yes, IF you get a massive boycott of involved parties, it can work. The problem is that usually you don't get a massive boycott of the involved parties. You get a few butt hurt people and then a hangers-on who want to sound cool, who are boycotting, but never used the product as so their "boycott" is effectively zero.

How is the boycott of Citibank going? Checking their stock price, pretty good!
    How did the boycott of Target go? Did we ever fund that wall? Nope.
    NFL boycott?
    YouTube boycott? They haven't noticed. Even the people calling for it refuse to leave, LOL.
    China boycott? Nope.
    Academy boycott?

I don't think you will find a pro-gun Fortune 500 company. You won't find many pro gun national corporations with more than 100 people.

The NRA boycott seems to have been somewhat effective, probably because actual corporate sponsorship dried up, not because of the individual members.

The Academy boycott was a good one. You remember that one, right? That's the one as private citizen outside of the group of protesting gun owners that you decided that you liked Academy and by God if you wanted to shop there, you were going to shop there and to heck with the boycott, right? You know, because they aren't your cup of tea. Turns out, they aren't a cup of tea for a lot of people.

Super Opinion,

Most of your opinions I agree with.

As for some here who insist we all boycott Academy, nah, I like Academy, even if they recently stumbled.

I remember when many said to boycott Smith & Wesson. I don't go along with anyone's bandwagon. If I want to buy at Academy or buy a S&W gun, I will.

Some gun guys remind me of religious zealots.

Some people just don't have the conviction to really drive the nail home when a correction needs to be made, right? Surprisingly, the Academy boycott largely failed. They didn't succumb to us telling them how they should run their business. Maybe not enough religious zealots?

Then we have other people with this sort of sentiment...
    Bandwagon efforts like boycotts aren't my cup of tea.

Seriously, your argument is actually correct on a limited level. Boycotts can and do work. However, because of people like you, they also fail. Here it looks like I am picking on you, and maybe a little in the sense of making this reply relevant, but you have offered up some excellent examples of why boycotts fail. That is because the interested parties just aren't that interested in said cause, have other allegiances that supercede said boycott, or are just too invested in the company to be impacted to boycott said company. However, you are not alone. Even boycotting people cheat on the boycotts and will come up with reasons to justify the transgression.

Top Bottom