• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I've appendix carried my 1911 for decades, most without a holster, always cocked & locked.
    But I make sure any auto I carry that way has a good strong safety detent.

Have a nice older Blackhawk leather IWB holster now that is very comfortable.
    Too bad they don't offer them any longer.
    View attachment 467280

<>

Those spring metal belt clip digs into auto seats & furniture. I ruined the nice leather driver’s seat in my last GMC Yukon with one like that.

<>

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    I've appendix carried my 1911 for decades, most without a holster, always cocked & locked.
    But I make sure any auto I carry that way has a good strong safety detent.

Have a nice older Blackhawk leather IWB holster now that is very comfortable.
    Too bad they don't offer them any longer.
    View attachment 467280

You can't be serious. I mean, you actually cannot be serious.

The 1911 is still my beloved despite that I now carry a G19. But why on the Lord's green world would you carry a 1911 APX in your waistband without a holster?

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Because I could...For decades.

Would I try that with something that I haven't fully checked out, or one made in some Turd World country ?
    No!

Sorry that you can't trust your pistol...

Question:
    Did you get the china bug shot, and 47 boosters also ?

Last edited:

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    The holsters are so uncomfortable I can’t stand wearing them. I’ve tried 5 different ones and finally gave up. Never tried appendix carry because I’m not going to have a loaded gun pointed at my balls. Getting an LTC was just a waste of time.
    Clint Smith told me that carrying is not supposed to be comfortable, it is supposed to be comforting. I have never forgotten that.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    The old NAA 22 'holster' had a pin that fit into the pistol frame, about in the early 80s. Gals loved then for 'bar' wear, cowboy belt buckle. I just use an old flexible glasses case in the pocket.

DustyDuds

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2023
    Fort Worth
    I used a “kangaroo carry” for a few years but eventually went with a Springfield Hellcat in a pocket holster of my own design.

U can easily design something that fits u by using light cardboard (file folder) cut to the shape u want and staple it together. When u come upon a design that works find a person who sews and choose a sturdy fabric like polyethylene (outdoor furniture fabric).

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I used a “kangaroo carry” for a few years but eventually went with a Springfield Hellcat in a pocket holster of my own design.

U can easily design something that fits u by using light cardboard (file folder) cut to the shape u want and staple it together. When u come upon a design that works find a person who sews and choose a sturdy fabric like polyethylene (outdoor furniture fabric).

I use Kangaroo Carry in cooler weather. Very comfortable under a looser shirt. If you're looking for a good deep-carry option, give it a try...

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I know it's not what the cool kids do, but I've been pocket carrying forever. First it was with a 44 special and eventually moved on to a @Moonpie special (Glock 27). For me it was just easier when my daughter was young and I had to carry her a lot (I'm slightly restricted from using both my hands;), so both child and gun carry was one sided for me), but I grew use to it and yes, I'm very much aware of the limitations of that style of carry.

As mentioned below by baboon, the right clothing is required and might just not be your style. It's been a cargo style pant or short for me, and not every clothing maker has a pocket design that works for me. As I've gotten older i.e. fatter, I've supplemented a regular belt with suspenders and that seems to be where I've landed. The suspenders over my white tee shirt look also gives me street cred when I'm yelling at the neighborhood kids to keep off my lawn. :laughing:

Hope you can find something that works for you. I couldn't imagine not having the option of not carrying and feel exposed in the rare occasion I am not.

<>

“As I've gotten older i.e. fatter, I've supplemented a regular belt with suspenders and that seems to be where I've landed. The suspenders over my white tee shirt look also gives me street cred when I'm yelling at the neighborhood kids to keep off my lawn. :laughing:

I resemble that. It does work !

<>

Bncadvr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2024
    League City
    IWB is definitely motivation to stay in shape.

But even if you never wanted to carry, having the LTC still has the NICS benefit. I'd still prefer to have it than not.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    lev,

I'm now a 'suspenders' wearer too.

Get an old guy gut, belts don't do it for you...

I love to laugh at young guys who think they'll be forever young while laughing at us old curmudgeons...your day is coming 'whipper-fking-snapper if accident or disease doesn't get you sooner...asshole!

Laugh away and see yourself in 50 + years...if yer lucky!!

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Oh yeah suspenders when I wore 1911. These are easy to put on take off.
    20240818_155243.jpg

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    And if I'm going somewhere, like say the dentist, I carry my little AMT DAO 45, in a DeSantis pocket holster, with a couple of spare mags in the other pocket.
    Also very comfortable, easy to bring into action.
    View attachment 467290

Maybe OP should consider a different sidearm...
    The only one that will save your life is the one you have with you.
    What is that thing like to shoot? My dad had an AMT 380 as his back up. After he passed I had it cleaned up and took it to the range. That was the most uncomfortable pistol I have ever shot. I sold it to an officer buddy.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    <>

Those spring metal belt clip digs into auto seats & furniture. I ruined the nice leather driver’s seat in my last GMC Yukon with one like that.

<>
    I started carrying my knife and flashlight in my pockets instead of clipped on my pocket because they were scuffing up my seat and steering wheel

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    What is that thing like to shoot? My dad had an AMT 380 as his back up. After he passed I had it cleaned up and took it to the range. That was the most uncomfortable pistol I have ever shot. I sold it to an officer buddy.
    Absolutely painful...
    I can honestly tell an attacker "This will hurt me more than it will hurt you".
    About all I load into the mag, when trying different rounds at the range, is 3.
    I can fire 6 in a row with it, but then I'm looking for an ice bucket.
    Pretty sure that with a little adrenaline pumping, I wouldn't notice at all.
    That is how major crashes worked out when I was racing flat track.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Right now I have a Walther PDP 4“ compact and a Springfield Echelon. I admit the Walther is a bit fat for a compact but previously I had a Springfield XDS Mod 2 and even that little thing bugged the crap out of me. I recently bought an Aliengear Cloak Tuck holster thinking it might be more comfortable than a regular Kydex type but that thing is a real pain in the butt. It’s frustrating ordering all these different holsters and none of them working out. Maybe I need the old Walther PPK and just stick it in my pocket. Lol
    Try a smaller 9mm and holster made for pocket carry. A lot more comfortable and your hand gun is right where your hand is

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mosingirl
    Top Bottom