• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Comfort is going to cost you. I've got an Crossbreed I carry a full size Sig IWB in, an Alien Gear I carry a compact Ruger SR9C IWB in, and a couple of DeSantis GunHide leather OWB holsters for the Sig and a full size 1911 that I use on days when I don't feel like tucking my shirt in.

Also, I've got about 100 pounds on you and have very little issue with comfort - the IWB holsters I use all have a thick leather shield that keeps my gut from impaling itself on the pointy bits of the pistols. And I wear them with good quality gun belts, which helps immensely with the comfort and stability of the holsters.

I've also been known to carry a subcompact in a pocket holster. Ultimate comfort there.
    ARJ Defense ad

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Comfort is going to cost you. I've got an Crossbreed I carry a full size Sig IWB in, an Alien Gear I carry a compact Ruger SR9C IWB in, and a couple of DeSantis GunHide leather OWB holsters for the Sig and a full size 1911 that I use on days when I don't feel like tucking my shirt in.

Also, I've got about 100 pounds on you and have very little issue with comfort - the IWB holsters I use all have a thick leather shield that keeps my gut from impaling itself on the pointy bits of the pistols. And I wear them with good quality gun belts, which helps immensely with the comfort and stability of the holsters.

I've also been known to carry a subcompact in a pocket holster. Ultimate comfort there.
    A good gun belt is essential to comfort when carrying a gun. It will last for years however as holsters and guns change.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    You carry a gun for that rare chance that you might actually need it. If nothing is comfortable than perhaps consider a smaller gun that can easily be pocket carried. The only reason to carry is for protection so either you are protected or not. Pocket carry may mean less effective caliber but still protection.

I know it's not what the cool kids do, but I've been pocket carrying forever. First it was with a 44 special and eventually moved on to a @Moonpie special (Glock 27). For me it was just easier when my daughter was young and I had to carry her a lot (I'm slightly restricted from using both my hands;), so both child and gun carry was one sided for me), but I grew use to it and yes, I'm very much aware of the limitations of that style of carry.

As mentioned below by baboon, the right clothing is required and might just not be your style. It's been a cargo style pant or short for me, and not every clothing maker has a pocket design that works for me. As I've gotten older i.e. fatter, I've supplemented a regular belt with suspenders and that seems to be where I've landed. The suspenders over my white tee shirt look also gives me street cred when I'm yelling at the neighborhood kids to keep off my lawn. :laughing:

Hope you can find something that works for you. I couldn't imagine not having the option of not carrying and feel exposed in the rare occasion I am not.

Pocket pistols are not a bad idea but they do depend on the design of the pocket of your pants. Wearing a belt & cinching it down always sucked in my mind, but I did do it for years.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I got my LTC a while back but have never carried one of my guns with me anywhere. The holsters are so uncomfortable I can’t stand wearing them. I’ve tried 5 different ones and finally gave up. Never tried appendix carry because I’m not going to have a loaded gun pointed at my balls. Getting an LTC was just a waste of time.
    I bet you're a hoot at parties

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    buy something smaller and pocket carry. I have found that to be the most comfortable carry method for me

If I am doing IWB its always with a suede leather holster or with a desantis unituk. Not big on kydex either unless it has a padded backing, like the unituk

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    A good gun belt is essential to comfort when carrying a gun. It will last for years however as holsters and guns change.

This is very true....even for pocket carry. I prefer the Nextbelt and Wilderness Tactical Frequent Flyer belt (5-Stitch). Both provide excellent support and comfort for a variety of carry methods.

Also, if you're in the Hipless & Buttless Club like me, the Perry Ubee suspenders worn under the shirt is a godsend....

Scat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Houston
    I got my LTC a while back but have never carried one of my guns with me anywhere. The holsters are so uncomfortable I can’t stand wearing them. I’ve tried 5 different ones and finally gave up. Never tried appendix carry because I’m not going to have a loaded gun pointed at my balls. Getting an LTC was just a waste of time.
    I pocket carry (in a pocket style holster) a Ruger LCP 380 wherever I go.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    While I do have a couple comfortable IWB holsters I use a snap OWB holster. I like the GS2 made by rgrizzleleather.com.
    20230409_145608~2.jpg

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    The smallest revolver I have is a North American Arms .22 that I sometimes 'pocket carry'.

At 5' 8" and 140 lbs after a Thanksgiving meal (if I eat a lot) I appendix carry a Polish P64 in a nylon holster that is not uncomfortable.

I'll be 70 next year so I don't need a SW model 29 to test my hand strength.

Maybe get a really small handgun.(better than NO GUN)

They do make a 'belt-buckle-holster' for the NAA .22

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom