• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ray22

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Jewett
    Me and my wife are a team.

I prefer it that way and if it makes me less of a man in the opinion of some guy on the Internet, I really don't care.

I would probably let her know if I needed a tire because tires ain't cheap and she might have paid a bill early or something causing the amount to have less money than I might have thought which could effect my choice of tire. There was also a time when new tires were something we didn't get. New tire money was something them rich folks had and we would buy them after the rich folks decided they weren't good enough anymore.
    Well said.

Govern wisely and as little as possible~Sam Houston

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    There are plenty of men who have been figuratively neutered. You know who you are! Team is one thing, can't function without okaying it with the boss is another.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    A team and partners is how it should be.
    But i see some guys come in and look at a $10 box of ammo, have to check with the boss. When she gets there to verify what he is trying to get, she treats him like a little kid wanting a toy. While she has a basket full of make up that won't do her any good. Really, it's embarrassing to watch sometimes. Mine may question, but will tell me it's money, get what I want. I try to get her something now and then too.

From an idjit coffeeholic

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Me and my wife are a team.

I prefer it that way and if it makes me less of a man in the opinion of some guy on the Internet, I really don't care.

I would probably let her know if I needed a tire because tires ain't cheap and she might have paid a bill early or something causing the amount to have less money than I might have thought which could effect my choice of tire. There was also a time when new tires were something we didn't get. New tire money was something them rich folks had and we would buy them after the rich folks decided they weren't good enough anymore.
    hahaha you troll

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    There is a big difference between "ask" and "talk it over". "Check with" is in that in-between area. "I need to talk it over with my wife" can be legitimate in certain cases I guess. But I don't think buying a tire for safety reasons is a check with, ask, or talking it over kind of situation. The man is responsible for the personal safety of his family, period. There is no conversation to be had over car repairs, necessary tools and weapons, and whatever else the man is in charge of. I agree with the op.

Range time as well, but a man has to also be responsible enough to decide to shoot or hunt at appropriate times, not on Thanksgiving or Christmas, or your kid's birthday party or baseball game. But some guys are idiots in that regard, so maybe they need a bossy wife to make them do the right thing.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Back when I was working and my wife wasn't she handled the finances and had a better picture of what money we had and what we didn't. So I would call and ask her to check the budget book to see if money was available before making big purchases. Now I handle the books since I'm retired and she is working.

Now when it comes to the whole got to check with the wife before I can agree to making plans, there are two reasons why I might us that. One, I don't want to do what you're asking and don't feel like being a dick about it; ot two, I want to make sure that she didn't have something else planned for us that I might have forgotten about (or she forgot to tell me about but will swear till shes blue in the face that she has told me).

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Damn, I just asked permission today to go buy an insane amount of ammo. I knew she'd agree to it, but it was more about giving her the respect of a heads up and letting her be included.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Damn, I just asked permission today to go buy an insane amount of ammo. I knew she'd agree to it, but it was more about giving her the respect of a heads up and letting her be included.

so..you're P whipped and a hoarder?

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Left home at 17 and have been on my own ever since.
    Married 1967 to 1975. Been single ever since.

"I'll have to check with my wife" Those words have never left my mouth. Made some great decisions and some that were not so hot but they were my decisions and I was totally responsible for them.

Flash

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    I divorced my ex after fifteen years and for very good reason. She was always a yelling bitching crazy illogical controlling violent PITA. I was extremely happy to be out of that mess. I've been single and celibate ever since. I miss "certain things" but they're not worth the misery associated with them.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've been single and celibate ever since. I miss "certain things" but they're not worth the misery associated with them.

Mike, you and I walked the same path. My wife tried to kill me several times and twice tried to have someone whip my ass. That didn't come out as planned.......snicker. For a time, I was the only guy in Tulsa who was NOT having sex with that woman and I even found underwear with someone else's name stenciled on them in my dresser drawer.

Just after we divorced, she tied up with a guy named Charlie and left for parts unknown. She quit cashing my child support checks and I never saw my son again. Anyone who thinks I'd be up for another one like that is outta their flippin mind!

I dated many women after that but remained single. Now, I don't date at all and don't miss the drama or the BS.

If others like having one of those lunatics around, more power to 'em. As for me, that crap just isn't worth the misery!

Flash

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    The answer to this is very simple. Sometimes I use that phrase because your price sucks and what I'm really planning on doing is shopping around. Other times I just need an out for some other reason.

And of course, there are plenty of times when the answer is true and correct. We make large financial decisions together at my house, so checking with my wife is my respecting that she might have valuable insight to provide (proven many times). Sometimes we have to conversation before she makes me a sandwich; sometimes after.

Agreed. We have preset spending limits before checking with the other person. More importantly its an excellent way to get out of there. My wife uses it all the time.

Top Bottom