• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • preyn2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Burnet
    I don't ask permission to do what I know needs to be done; I ask if we have the money right now to do what needs to be done. She runs the finances.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I hear ya vmax.

I make my woman get down on her knees at least once a day when she speaks to me.

She gets down on her knees and says, "GET OUT FROM UNDER THAT BED AND FIGHT LIKE A MAN, DAMN YOU!"

:roflfunny:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Why are you asking me?

Maybe it's more about respecting someone's opinion rather than "permission".

But yes, we've all seen the examples you cited.
    I promise Vaq, never once did you enter my mind when I posted this thread.

I'm thinking of the guys who sit in the passenger seat playing on their phones while their wives get out and pump gas.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Don't have one. Keep trying. :)

Nope, Im calling it good right there Ben. I can figure you pretty well do what you please and when and how you want to.

good to hear some of the various replies though.. gota run now, I hear the wife yelling at me to unload the dishwasher

MikeTx

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2014
    When you have respect for your wife and she and you both work to afford your bills, etc, why does that upset you when someone wants to check with their wife before a purchase that may be ill timed? Perhaps the wife needs something she hasn't yet talked about to you yet. Does it bother you when a woman says she has to check with her husband?

That's really something to be concerned with. And no, I didn't ask my wife before replying to this.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    The answer to this is very simple. Sometimes I use that phrase because your price sucks and what I'm really planning on doing is shopping around. Other times I just need an out for some other reason.

And of course, there are plenty of times when the answer is true and correct. We make large financial decisions together at my house, so checking with my wife is my respecting that she might have valuable insight to provide (proven many times). Sometimes we have to conversation before she makes me a sandwich; sometimes after.

^^^^^^^ This^^^^^^^^

Not to mention she has talked me out of some really bad buys in the past. I didn't find them out to be bad until someone else jumped on them and I found out later... LOL It's also a respect thing both ways, That way she doesn't just run off and buy a new 2000$ couch any ol day. :laughing: Hey Max, yer not a muslim are you? :roflfunny:

Last edited:

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    Given the fact that the OP stated that the vehicle failed a safety inspection, was being driven illegally without minimum tread depth, could subsequently cause the death of an innocent when the tire fails, etc., I am not sure that there is much of a justifiable reason to check with anyone, no matter who controls the finances or what other pressing obligations exist.

MikeTx

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2014
    Given the fact that the OP stated that the vehicle failed a safety inspection, was being driven illegally without minimum tread depth, could subsequently cause the death of an innocent when the tire fails, etc., I am not sure that there is much of a justifiable reason to check with anyone, no matter who controls the finances or what other pressing obligations exist.

Given the fact that reality sometimes supersedes this, you may be mistaken.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I use that phrase to get away from people I don't want to continue talking with. Who cares why the guy won't can't buy a tire.

But, the scary people are the ones like my father. My father has spent his entire life telling epople how dumb he is and that he can't do certain things or understand them. Now that he is much older he truly is stupid and cannot do anything worth while and has to have his wife do it for him. Step mommy home wrecking gutter slut has spent a lifetime working on training him and working her way into his check book. It's very scary how little he can do without help much less make a decision about a tire.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I do what I want, pretty much when I want.
    But I'm a jerk too.
    But i I know something needs to be done, or I need to be somewhere, she remembers that stuff far better than me.
    So I do sometimes check with her.

From an idjit coffeeholic

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I (usually) converse with my wife of 24 years about what I'm going to do, she's a pretty smart cookie but I don't ask permission from anyone. I make and manage the money, she (usually) checks with me before a major purchase but generally just buys what she wants. We're both rowing in the same direction, works for us.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The answer to this is very simple. Sometimes I use that phrase because your price sucks and what I'm really planning on doing is shopping around. Other times I just need an out for some other reason.
    Well that's even worse! Let your balls descend and tell them you want to shop around. Don't blame it on your wife.

The key is to never start asking. Once you start asking permission you're done.
    QFT... Don't set the precedent.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Me and my wife are a team.

I prefer it that way and if it makes me less of a man in the opinion of some guy on the Internet, I really don't care.

I would probably let her know if I needed a tire because tires ain't cheap and she might have paid a bill early or something causing the amount to have less money than I might have thought which could effect my choice of tire. There was also a time when new tires were something we didn't get. New tire money was something them rich folks had and we would buy them after the rich folks decided they weren't good enough anymore.

Top Bottom