• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    "I'll have to check with my wife" Gosh I'm sick of hearing that after 30 years of adult manhood and it still makes me cringe.

Back in the early 90s I ran a service station and we did State Inspections. The "man" of the house brings the car in, it fails due to cords showing on the right front. We have tires for sale, very completive price too. You show the guy the bad tire, offer a solution to put him on a new tire, finish the inspection and he's done.

I'll have to check with my wife..... We'll ok, and I'll check with my wife too and see if it's OK to sell you a tire:beat:

Hey, your supposed to me the man and take care of crap like this.

and then you have. "Hey I'm headed out to shoot this weekend, wanna come?"

"ok, I really want to, I'll have to check with my wife first":beat:

I''ve been married to a beautiful gal for 25 years, I treat her like the princess she was when I met her. We hardly ever have a cross word. Tons of mutual respect. I have never had to ask her permission to go hunting, shooting or fix her vehicle when it needs repair. In fact, she counts on me to take care of it, so if she wants to go somewhere, it's always ready.
    Texas SOT

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    BTW, some of you might want to check with your wife before replying to this thread.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    This doesn't compute with me because I've never had a wife. I anticipate interesting commentary, though. :)

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    The answer to this is very simple. Sometimes I use that phrase because your price sucks and what I'm really planning on doing is shopping around. Other times I just need an out for some other reason.

And of course, there are plenty of times when the answer is true and correct. We make large financial decisions together at my house, so checking with my wife is my respecting that she might have valuable insight to provide (proven many times). Sometimes we have to conversation before she makes me a sandwich; sometimes after.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    The answer to this is very simple. Sometimes I use that phrase because your price sucks and what I'm really planning on doing is shopping around. Other times I just need an out for some other reason.

OK, I totally get that part, just why not say "I'm going to check around a bit before I do anything"
    Because when you walk out the door of an auto shop after giving that one, you're getting nailed for it.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I hear ya vmax.

I make my woman get down on her knees at least once a day when she speaks to me.

She gets down on her knees and says, "GET OUT FROM UNDER THAT BED AND FIGHT LIKE A MAN, DAMN YOU!"

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I'll have to check with my wife..... We'll ok, and I'll check with my wife too and see if it's OK to sell you a tire
    RkzQx.gif
    BTW, some of you might want to check with your wife before replying to this thread.
    Sometimes we have to conversation before she makes me a sandwich; sometimes after.

:roflfunny: :roflfunny: :roflfunny:

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I never check with the wife. I tell her what I'm gonna do and sometimes I don't do that. The key is to never start asking. Once you start asking permission you're done.
    same here. I only ask permission on large purchases. She is an enabler though. I know I shouldn't buy that $760 upper so I ask her. Expecting her to say it's not a good idea, but she says "it's bad ass. Buy it!" Lol. I love her.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Why are you asking me?

Maybe it's more about respecting someone's opinion rather than "permission".

But yes, we've all seen the examples you cited.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I hear ya vmax.

I make my woman get down on her knees at least once a day when she speaks to me.

She gets down on her knees and says, "GET OUT FROM UNDER THAT BED AND FIGHT LIKE A MAN, DAMN YOU!"[/QUOTE]

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!! Good one!

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Depends on your finances I guess. A tire may be a major financial decision to some couples but not others.

I try not to judge others too much when I don't understand their situation.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I keep my own schedule and have the respect for my wife to tell her a day or so before I go the range or something. Finances are jointly owned so I check with my wife before any major purchases. I think that is reasonable - especially since she's the one running the books.

I never even thought of asking her about car/house repairs & maintenance, car inspections & registration etc. unless several hundred dollars were involved. I always just assumed those were my jobs - as has she. Pushing 27 years, it seemed to work out well.

I don't think of "asking the wife" is not from submission but respect. Negotiations can ensue if there's a conflict of opinions.

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    Funny you bring up tires and inspection. I told my wife to take my truck to work today so I can buy her new tires and get her SUV inspected. Now I'm about to hit the indoor range. I take of her, and I do or buy any damn thing I want.

Top Bottom