What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dermako

Semi-Retired of that
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 16, 2019
    DFW
    Almost complete. Flatbed rebuild/build. The bed was a dually long bed and I needed a SRW bed. Had to cut down both sides and the front, fab. new headache rack and completely redo the rear end.
    The gooseneck sits nicely on it but want to see how the stance is with load to decide if I need to add a spring before the toolboxes go on.

Attachments

• IMG_1230.jpeg
      IMG_1230.jpeg
      741.8 KB · Views: 36

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Anyone using HP Tuners?

I got it for my Suburban and Silverado, they both have the same drivetrain It’s way more capable that my current knowledge level, but Ive done some small things to address known issues.

Pretty easy to use and a ton of resources are available.

So far I’ve:
    - eliminated cylinder deactivation from ever working, but the hardware is still there
    - eliminated torque converter slip
    - 20% quicker upshifts
    - +20% line pressure pressure
    - corrected speedos
    - limited torque converter lockup to 5-6 gears

Drivability is great, tranny is less confused. And my mpg “increased” slightly on my truck now that I’ve corrected the speedometer for my 33” tires LOL

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Almost complete. Flatbed rebuild/build. The bed was a dually long bed and I needed a SRW bed. Had to cut down both sides and the front, fab. new headache rack and completely redo the rear end.
    The gooseneck sits nicely on it but want to see how the stance is with load to decide if I need to add a spring before the toolboxes go on.
    Older brother put a universal bolt-on airbag kit onto a 99 F350 dually and it made a huge difference. He added the weight of the steel flatbed plus all the tools needed for maintaining pipeline equipment. Plus he had a air compressor and welding machine.

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    Any of y’all familiar with Kaiser Jeep cJ5’s with the Buick 225 ci dauntless odd-fire v6?

Any good or should I steer clear?
    If it’s in good running condition I’d hop on it that’s a good stout motor, torquey as can be they chug along good at low rpms.

A lot of the parts are interchangeable with the Buick 231 in the skylarks an such. If the jeep isn’t rotted out you got a potential fun rig for whatever you decide to build.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    If it’s in good running condition I’d hop on it that’s a good stout motor, torquey as can be they chug along good at low rpms.

A lot of the parts are interchangeable with the Buick 231 in the skylarks an such. If the jeep isn’t rotted out you got a potential fun rig for whatever you decide to build.

Good to hear. There’s a 67 CJ5 listed that has one and it looks clean. Said the top end has been rebuilt. Was wondering if it was worth looking into, if I can get my motorcycle sold soon enough to buy the jeep lol.

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    Good to hear. There’s a 67 CJ5 listed that has one and it looks clean. Said the top end has been rebuilt. Was wondering if it was worth looking into, if I can get my motorcycle sold soon enough to buy the jeep lol.
    Hope it all works out and if you do post pics I love all the classic jeeps.

Top Bottom