What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan79423

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 7, 2021
    Flatlands
    Nothing special just a quick Saturday afternoon drive.
    my ette.jpg

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Speaking of lockers, the switch on my E-locker came apart on my Ferd, and was stuck in lock. Got a dirt bike ride coming up tomorrow so I fiddled with it to get it to unlock then crawled under the truck and disconnected the power lead from the differential so I could use the truck. Friggin plastic switch was $60, and this is the second one that has come apart. It’s a two piece unit and it’s a common issue. If I knew 100% that I could replace the locker with a limited slip without messing with the electronics or other safety crap I’d do it in a heart beat. For my uses, I’d take the clutches over the lockers any day.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Can you share the year of yourTacoma? I have a 2008 with one of those so called non serviceable transmissions. Though it is serviceable I've had it done but can't find anyone anymore.
    2016 67,000 miles As a sealed unit the fluid level can't be checked, though it's had no problems.
    How many miles on the 2008?

I recently had my Subaru Forrester serviced at 58,000. Other than oil changes, batteries, tires, filters and brakes they've needed no other maintenance. Plan to keep them going a long time as I don't see an EV in garage.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    How many miles are currently on it?
    Btw. It's in pretty good shape, with 8k hours total engine time. The rear turbo looks like either the shaft broke, or the cold side wheel fell off. I haven't totally removed it yet, since I'm trying to keep it mobile till all the parts are here. And that has been a cluster. First off, I ordered the wrong one, confusion over left/right translating into front/rear. And second, Rock auto decided to ship one turbo to my address in IL that I haven't lived at for a year...

Powderhead

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2015
    B/CS
    Nothing major. I just replaced the wheels and tires on my DD, and swapped out the incandescent turn signal bulbs for LED's.

Sorry, I don't own any flatbills.:D

Top Bottom