What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tblack89

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    Changed oil, fuel filters, added air and washer fluid on the duramax.

New tires and oil change on the range.

Ordered filter, oil and Freon for the Cadillac.

Then me and a buddy got some new toys

1722897135481.jpeg

cckirk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2024
    Sealy Texas
    I built a motorbike during covid lockdown from junk in a friend's shop. Kept me from going nuts, but finally give up on riding as summer burns me up now. It's not worth much, but I still start and run motor every month or so. Yesterday I hooked up tender and the battery is charged, so my grandson will be over tomorrow and will help me fire it up.

Attachments

• 20190104_150238.jpg
      20190104_150238.jpg
      273.8 KB · Views: 41
    • 20190111_143155.jpg
      20190111_143155.jpg
      313.1 KB · Views: 42
    • IMG_20221208_110306794_HDR.jpg
      IMG_20221208_110306794_HDR.jpg
      961.9 KB · Views: 43

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Changed the transmission fluid on the 2007 Honda Fit Sport. I just want to say that is the probably the easiest to work on car I've ever owned- 188,000 mi.

There is a magnetic drainplug- uses a 3/8 socket wrench- no socket, just the wrench. The filter is a disposable metal external inline filter. It has a trans dipstick....with a 1" hole to fill!! what will they think of next.

Last edited:

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Drove the black SUV through one of those pricey but-we-apply-a-special-coating car wash places. The recent Saharan dust had done a number on it.

Stopped by the local Kroger on the way home. Came out to find that someone had keyed the hood. A big "X" scratched in it.

But since I didn't do it myself, it probably doesn't qualify for this topic...

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Swaped out a cracked plastic 4-way junction for an aluminum one on my rover

Then I swaped out exhausts because I welded up the barely cracked one after the "not cracked" one completely broke making it a bit too rumbly to drive. It went pretty smooth but I cant get one of the O2 sensors to thread in... grrrr. I'll try again in the morning when I'm not grumpy about it, should take 5 minutes to finish.
    f963fbc0db0e229303ea010ef82113f3.jpg
    2d36eb144a670ca24ebdb40888589725.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I'm contemplating a trade.
    The 2015 Ram 1500 has 220000.** miles on it vehicle prices are insane.
    Anyway. Hoping for a Ram 2500 with a gas engine.
    We plan to drag the travel trailer all over the US soon.
    I've got maybe a couple more construction projects left in my career.
    Then it's on the road or at the farm.

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    I'm contemplating a trade.
    The 2015 Ram 1500 has 220000.** miles on it vehicle prices are insane.
    Anyway. Hoping for a Ram 2500 with a gas engine.
    We plan to drag the travel trailer all over the US soon.
    I've got maybe a couple more construction projects left in my career.
    Then it's on the road or at the farm.
    If you plan on mountain hauling a trailer, diesel would be more capable than gasoline engine at altitude. link

If you have 220k on a Hemi and haven't lost the cam and lifters (Hemi tick), might be good time to sell. Once the roller lifters seize, they take out the cam and send metal shavings thru the motor. Hemi's aren't rebuilable like older engines that would get bored-over for larger bearings. Once the metal is in the VVT solenoid screens, that means new motor, according to stellantis bulletin. Some folks do try to go on, but longevity is compromised.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    If you plan on mountain hauling a trailer, diesel would be more capable than gasoline engine at altitude. link

If you have 220k on a Hemi and haven't lost the cam and lifters (Hemi tick), might be good time to sell. Once the roller lifters seize, they take out the cam and send metal shavings thru the motor. Hemi's aren't rebuilable like older engines that would get bored-over for larger bearings. Once the metal is in the VVT solenoid screens, that means new motor, according to stellantis bulletin. Some folks do try to go on, but longevity is compromised.
    I also read yesterday where they are dropping the v8 on the 1500 after this year. It will have a turbo v6 and the hemi will be on 2500 or larger pickups. I'd think that might help push the older 1500 v8s up price-wise.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …Hoping for a Ram 2500 with a gas engine...
    Patience and a willingness to travel for the truck can lead to great results.

When I moved to the gas F250, there was a gas 2500 in the DFW area that was also in the hunt and was very reasonably priced. Seems the best deals were from places up north, but a lot of them had the snowplow prep and that adds weight up front.

Do the research on what features you want and set a search agent to find your needle in a haystack on autotempest. That place scours all the popular car sales sites on your behalf and will notify you when a new ones comes up for sale to get a better sense of what’s out there.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring

According to Stellantis, because they don't rebuild them in dealerships. The modern Hemi is as able to be rebuilt as anything, and parts are readily available in the aftermarket. They aren't keen to warranty a rebuild done in a dealership, so they don't.

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    According to Stellantis, because they don't rebuild them in dealerships. The modern Hemi is as able to be rebuilt as anything, and parts are readily available in the aftermarket. They aren't keen to warranty a rebuild done in a dealership, so they don't.
    I've rebuilt several retired police hemis and not found that to be the case. There isn't enough meat for the machine shop to go over.

Here are your cam bearing choices- note the lack of +.010 etc sizes link

The Gen III bore spacing is a conservative 4.46-inches, which limits the maximum bore size to roughly 4.100 inches, leaving a thin sealing space for the head gasket between cylinders. There are aftermarket aluminum blocks that boldly expand the bore to 4.185, but this is considered the maximum. link

Don't get me wrong, it's a great engine for what it is, but it is disposable.

Top Bottom