Venture Surplus ad

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    In the past I've sanded and clear coated sun faded headlights but picked up this kit to try on our '05 Pathfinder.

I have to say I'm very impressed with how it turned out. The headlights are like new. I don't think my DIY attemps have ever gotten them this clear.

Plus there is enough product there to do at least 5 sets of lights.

Takes longer to tape off the paint than it does to treat the lights.

If you need to restore your headlights I highly recommend this kit.

Didn't take any before shots but will get some after shots later today.
    0897935c9ef203aff8b218f00085d145.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Toothpaste works well too, and it’s cheap. Besides, who doesn’t like minty fresh headlights?

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    (yesterday) Changed plugs on my pickup. Spent the first 30 minutes trying to figure out how the clips work on the coils packs, and another 30 minutes actually gapping and changing the plugs. Whatever engineer dreamed up the ridiculously complicated plastic clips on the Ford 5.0 needs to lose his job. Changed front pads and rotors on said truck. Changed oil in dirt bike

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Left the house this morning and headed to Kwik Kar for state inspection and oil change on my '03 Expedition. About 6 miles into the 8 mile trip, the Check Engine Light comes on. DOH! It's been doing that every 6 to 8 months for the last 7 years. No big deal. Small evap leak. So I head back home, plug in the OBD II scanner and erase the code and turn off the CEL and head back to the inspection station. 25 or 30 minutes later the oil change is done, but it failed the emissions test. No CEL on but Evap and Catalyst showed not ready. Guy says to drive it about 100 miles and bring it back and it would pass.

I've been resetting the CEL for the past 7 years between inspections with no problem. It still always showed the evap not ready. But now I've got two codes showing, and that's a NO GO for inspection. My OBD II scanner backs up what their computer says.

Damn. Last time I reset the CEL was in June and it picks today to turn back on.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    (yesterday) Changed plugs on my pickup. Spent the first 30 minutes trying to figure out how the clips work on the coils packs, and another 30 minutes actually gapping and changing the plugs. Whatever engineer dreamed up the ridiculously complicated plastic clips on the Ford 5.0 needs to lose his job. Changed front pads and rotors on said truck. Changed oil in dirt bike
    I think you are lucky that you can actually reach the coil packs without dismantling half the top end.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I think you are lucky that you can actually reach the coil packs without dismantling half the top end.
    The coils are actually right on top and plugs go through valve covers at the center line. Damn near need a ladder though. Trucks are getting too tall to work on

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Left the house this morning and headed to Kwik Kar for state inspection and oil change on my '03 Expedition. About 6 miles into the 8 mile trip, the Check Engine Light comes on. DOH! It's been doing that every 6 to 8 months for the last 7 years. No big deal. Small evap leak. So I head back home, plug in the OBD II scanner and erase the code and turn off the CEL and head back to the inspection station. 25 or 30 minutes later the oil change is done, but it failed the emissions test. No CEL on but Evap and Catalyst showed not ready. Guy says to drive it about 100 miles and bring it back and it would pass.

I've been resetting the CEL for the past 7 years between inspections with no problem. It still always showed the evap not ready. But now I've got two codes showing, and that's a NO GO for inspection. My OBD II scanner backs up what their computer says.

Damn. Last time I reset the CEL was in June and it picks today to turn back on.
    EVAP is the hardest test to complete. It requires long durations of very specific operating conditions that aren't found in a typical drive cycle. The catalyst test is easy. Two full drive cycles from cold startup will do it.

Installed a new crank position sensor. 1 tow, 1 part, and 15 minutes later, back up and running.
    Of all the LS parts I've broken over the decades, a crank sensor was never one of them. Kudos :)

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Put the El Camino up on ramps crawled under with a wire brush and some simple green . Sprayed it down well did some scrubbing . got the jet attachment for the hose. I took off 30 Years of grease and grime off the bottom the car must have lost 10 pounds. I can now see the metal on my Transmission and Oil Pans

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Drained my oil catch can…these Gen V LT motors with direct injection should have come with one from the factory IMHO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I've been chasing an intermittent shutdown / no-start issue on our LJ for a couple years. It had really weird symptoms where the engine would die and you couldn't crank it, but everything else electrical was still working. After 90 seconds or so the trouble would clear and I wouldn't have an issue again for some time.

It never threw a DTC, data-logging showed nothing, and the freeze frames were zeroed out every time it happened.
    Turns out it was a failing PCM... so I swapped in a "new" one.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    Changed the coolant temp sensor and the thermostat on the Trailblazer. After starting it up and the temp gauge showed the temp way over in the hot zone on a cold motor, I realized it'd have to do it again.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Guess the batteries in TPMS sensors last just a little under 11 years. So I got to replace two of them. I assume the other two aren’t far behind.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Guess the batteries in TPMS sensors last just a little under 11 years. So I got to replace two of them. I assume the other two aren’t far behind.
    I'm needing to do that.
    Just not motivated enough.
    Not yet.

Top Bottom