Guns International

What have you done to your vehicle lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Installed some Bilstien 5100 shocks/struts and set the struts to raise the front 1.4 inches in a thunderstorm.

20210815_120012.jpg

20210815_180438.jpg
    Texas SOT

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    Replaced the driver side LED head light. One side of the LED was not working and though only one is still much brighter than a standard bulb, I wanted it to be correct.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The work truck has spent about 90% of it's 200k miles towing heavy and the rear springs were showing it. Even with the airbags up to 100 psi it still was sagging a bit.

Now that I've decided to run it a while longer it was time to do something about it.

Found a set of springs from a totalled truck with only 12k miles on it. Better yet it was fitted with two sets of add-a-leafs.

Pulled my packs apart while still in the truck and swapped one factory spring and added one add-a-leaf.

Before with 25 psi in the bags it sat about level. Now with 0 air it has the normal 2" rake again.

Hopefully it doesn't ride too rough (add-a-leafs do that when empty) but it should keep me from getting flashed because people think I have my brights on.
    06864acc69b591b9968b64d8fe2be349.jpg

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Exactly four years after I bought the car battery with the three year warranty, it does. Seemed like the starter had been turning over rather lazily in the last month or two. Fully expect there to be a shortage, but now, full shelves at O’Reilly’s. Swapped in a new one, although it seemed a bit more expensive than usual, at $200. Oh well, the old one went through four Texas summers and one iceocalypse.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Exactly four years after I bought the car battery with the three year warranty, it does. Seemed like the starter had been turning over rather lazily in the last month or two. Fully expect there to be a shortage, but now, full shelves at O’Reilly’s. Swapped in a new one, although it seemed a bit more expensive than usual, at $200. Oh well, the old one went through four Texas summers and one iceocalypse.

I typically replace batteries every 4-5 years, before they show signs of aging.

I’m sure I’m leaving some life on the table, but I’d rather replace them at my convenience…when they fail on their own, it’s often at the worst time possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    The work truck has spent about 90% of it's 200k miles towing heavy and the rear springs were showing it. Even with the airbags up to 100 psi it still was sagging a bit.

Now that I've decided to run it a while longer it was time to do something about it.

Found a set of springs from a totalled truck with only 12k miles on it. Better yet it was fitted with two sets of add-a-leafs.

Pulled my packs apart while still in the truck and swapped one factory spring and added one add-a-leaf.

Before with 25 psi in the bags it sat about level. Now with 0 air it has the normal 2" rake again.

Hopefully it doesn't ride too rough (add-a-leafs do that when empty) but it should keep me from getting flashed because people think I have my brights on.
    06864acc69b591b9968b64d8fe2be349.jpg
    Wait, people will flash you if you drive with high-beams on??? How do you make sure guys don't flash you and only women?

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I usually just have the Walmart crap but saw this so had to have it.

It's a pretty nice kit.

Found one like it on Amazon. They delivered it same day. That’s a first for me.

Thanks for posting that. It will ride much better than the junk box I had spilling all over my ride.

Last edited:

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Dang trailer again. Telling me September for the new one and I'm ready.

Broken shackles made me see this thing. I guess about 80k miles running heavy over crap roads is just too much for it.
    bdac152cbd4d7624c7575a21156c86f4.jpg
    694135563cf58c37d17a1eed2673da92.jpg
    I have never seen an equalizer do that. I've seen them break, and I've seen the holes get egg shaped, bet never slot themselves like that.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have never seen an equalizer do that. I've seen them break, and I've seen the holes get egg shaped, bet never slot themselves like that.
    I thought it odd when I topped out the jack and the tires were still on the ground.

Then I saw that gap and thought what the hell?

Bolt showed no wear at all.

New trailer has torsion axles so it should fare better.

Top Bottom