• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Believe it or not, I still get excited every time I load up my Nylon. Amazing, after shooting this gun for over forty years I still get that excited because it's such a fun rifle.
    Hurley's Gold

BigFatAmericanDream

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lubbock
    I like that I can get a .22 version or kit for all of my firearms and shoot all day on $20 it allows me to practice with my gun without spending the cash on ammo or the time on the press. You can't beat the real deal, but when you are learning something new [like I am practicing to become an ambidextrous shooter, I don't want to load up with 7.62 to start shooting as a lefty.

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    Cost and lack of recoil really allow me to shoot often while concentrating on fundamentals.

I agree...I like to start out range trips with 150+ rounds through the .22, pistols or rifles...gets me comfortable and in the, "zone," before I go to the big boys.

michael e

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    Enjoy the most... Not looking for my brass after, I can just enjoy shooting. Shot all day and it's less than 20bucks down range.

Vernix

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Once was Mexico.
    I can shoot anything I want from .17 to .50 (or 1.75 inch counting my muzzle loading cannon).

.22 is still my passion since my pre-teen years shooting with my dad.
    I learned gun handling and safety with a .22lr.
    I taught my kids safety with a .22lr.

There is a primal human instinct that drives us to exert an influence at a distance that separates us from "lesser" mammals.!!!

Something satisfying about shooting a .22 rf out at cans out of a rifle with subsonic target rounds and hearing the "clank" of the hit time after time after time.

Sure my .50BMG impresses friends with the monstrous atmospheric disturbance it creates.
    Ya, .5 MOA out of a sniper .308 is cool.
    Full autos are great for my testosterone storms.

Still........a day with 500 rounds out of my beat up old 43 y/o Browning takedown .22 my dad bought me in '69 keeps me young.
    No exaggeration...probably shot it 100,000+ rounds, considering a couple bricks a month (at least) all through my teens! Sometimes a brick a day.
    Best shot on an outing with my own sons, ages 24 and 25.

V

stx kid

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    laredo
    to this day my plinker of choice is my ole' henry lever action.. it was my first and I'll hopefully keep it arround untill the day i get put into the ground. I plan on geting one for my nephew when the time is right.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    I like .22lr cuz ya can shoot it in so many different ways. Ya gots yore lever guns,revolvers, pistols, an semi-autos. Dunno if'n they still make a bolt .22lr, got a couple of antiques from granny when she up an died. But they is some real rust buckets cuz she never did care fer 'em, she was more of 12 gauge kind of granny, she shore did like her deer huntin' with them 12 gauge slugs. Got herself a buck almost every year! up into her mid-seventies!

If'n you ever want to get rid of her .22 rust buckets, I might be able to help....

I think they are great for introducing new shooters to the sport, plinking, general firearms handling and being able to spend a day at the range and not be dirt poor afterwards. I love .22 shooting and have recommended it to several friends that have .40's and find it expensive to go play at the range for the day and don't do it often because of the cost.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Wal-Mart has 525 round boxes of Federal 22LR for around $16.
    Everytime I'm in there or my wife goes in, we buy a box or two.
    Over time, I've accumulated ~13,000 rounds

But, we both shoot a lot. I've put 10K rounds through an M&P 15/22 and a 10/22 in the last year.
    I sent a box and a half down range yesterday afternoon.

A 22/45 has probably seen 5000 rounds and we just picked up a Smith 22A for the wife to use with her DIVA group.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Wal-Mart has 525 round boxes of Federal 22LR for around $16.
    Everytime I'm in there or my wife goes in, we buy a box or two.
    Over time, I've accumulated ~13,000 rounds

Guess your Federal ammo experience is different than mine, but I swore that stuff off after almost five bricks and a consistent 7% failure rate of that ammo. That ammo was also purchased on four separate dates and two separate locations. I've still got half a brick to finish of Federal then it's gone forever. Nothing but the best for my Nylon from now on....

Top Bottom