• ...and so much more!
  • The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    I like the fact that its cheap, generally accurate, its not too loud, and I can buy tons of it whenever I want. I bought something like 3k rounds a few years ago and I still have most of it....
    Capitol Armory ad

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I like .22lr cuz ya can shoot it in so many different ways. Ya gots yore lever guns,revolvers, pistols, an semi-autos. Dunno if'n they still make a bolt .22lr, got a couple of antiques from granny when she up an died. But they is some real rust buckets cuz she never did care fer 'em, she was more of 12 gauge kind of granny, she shore did like her deer huntin' with them 12 gauge slugs. Got herself a buck almost every year! up into her mid-seventies!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I especially like shooting .22's at about 50 feet and trying to make "bug holes" or several shots through one hole. I also like shooting the reactive "Clingers" with .22's.

On the other end of the spectrum, we place clay pigeons on the 200 yard berm and slay them with .22's. That is some serious fun and guaranteed to get you laughing! One guy shoots, marking the target then the others try to bag the bird before he does.

Flash

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    That, "stray cat," might be someone's pet. Shooting animals just because you are inconvenienced is very irresponsible and probably illegal. Illegal use of any firearm is not the actions of a safe and responsible firearm owner.

I live in a rural area, too. People dump strays in our neighborhood constantly and they eat by getting into the trash, which we haul ourselves. One of my neighbors had an animal spreading trash all over so she called the Sheriff to see about getting it picked up. They asked the neighbor if he had a gun. Of course, he did so the cops told him to "take care of the stray" himself. I finally built a small trailer that was totally enclosed with mesh to hold my trash bags. When it's full, I haul it to the dump.

Our problem is not with pets. Since the economy tanked, animals are dumped on us a lot. We must do what is necessary to protect our homes, pets and property ourselves. What really pisses me off is when an injured animal is dumped. Folks don't have the balls to put the animal down themselves so they dump it to let their "country cousins" do it for them. It happens all the time in the rural areas.

I love my dog and give him excellent care but a stray would kill Jake in a heartbeat for a snack. That's not going to happen!

Flash

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    That, "stray cat," might be someone's pet. Shooting animals just because you are inconvenienced is very irresponsible and probably illegal. Illegal use of any firearm is not the actions of a safe and responsible firearm owner.

I live in a rural area, too. People dump strays in our neighborhood constantly and they eat by getting into the trash, which we haul ourselves. One of my neighbors had an animal spreading trash all over so she called the Sheriff to see about getting it picked up. They asked the neighbor if he had a gun. Of course, he did so the cops told him to "take care of the stray" himself. I finally built a small trailer that was totally enclosed with mesh to hold my trash bags. When it's full, I haul it to the dump.

Our problem is not with pets. Since the economy tanked, animals are dumped on us a lot. We must do what is necessary to protect our homes, pets and property ourselves. What really pisses me off is when an injured animal is dumped. Folks don't have the balls to put the animal down themselves so they dump it to let their "country cousins" do it for them. It happens all the time in the rural areas.

I love my dog and give him excellent care but a stay would kill Jake in a heartbeat for a snack. That's not going to happen!

Flash

well said.

also, if it is your pet cat, keep him in the freakin house.

if he is a working cat - IE a mouser, well, those are a dime a dozen, just dont put out catfood and they figure it out pretty quick.

rocky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    spring
    Things are alot different in the country (rural areas). I spent a few of my teenage years growing up in New Caney TX. back in the 70's. I lost a big mutt that I loved because he was chasing one of our neighbors chickens. It was'nt the first time he had done it and had killed one before. He was shot but managed to make it back home to die. It was sad, but Chicken Chasers never live very long in the country. People depend on their farm animals for food and income. Other animals and people who screw with their livlihood are dealt with accordingly. Get caught stealing livestock in TX. and you may end up like my old mutt. Plinking on cats,dogs, or any other animal is considered cruel by most ,if not all, rural people. I have met many of these folks and can tell you that they appreciate and respect animals far more than many of their urban counterparts. If they seem to enjoy killing varmits,I believe it is because it makes an unpleasant task (killing) a bit of a test of skill and may make somewhat of a game out of it to entertain as well as control pests. Believe me when I tell you that I can empathize with all you cat lovers out there because I love them also. They taste just like CHICKEN.

grad_student

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    WF
    With so much legal analysis going on in this thread, I figure as a lawyer I owe a duty to straighten out what's being said.

The penal code states
    CRUELTY TO ANIMALS. (a) A person commits an
    offense if the person intentionally or knowingly:
    (1) tortures an animal;
    (2) fails unreasonably to provide necessary food,
    care, or shelter for an animal in the person's custody;
    (3) abandons unreasonably an animal in the person's
    custody;
    (4) transports or confines an animal in a cruel
    manner;
    (5) kills, seriously injures, or administers poison to
    an animal, other than cattle, horses, sheep, swine, or goats,
    belonging to another without legal authority or the owner's
    effective consent;
    (6) causes one animal to fight with another;
    (7) uses a live animal as a lure in dog race training
    or in dog coursing on a racetrack;
    (8) trips a horse;
    (9) injures an animal, other than cattle, horses,
    sheep, swine, or goats, belonging to another without legal
    authority or the owner's effective consent; or
    (10) seriously overworks an animal.
    With animal being defined as
    (2) "Animal" means a domesticated living creature and
    wild living creature previously captured. "Animal" does not include
    an uncaptured wild creature or a wild creature whose capture was
    accomplished by conduct at issue under this section.

As such, a feral cat is not an "animal" per the statute. There is case law, and I'll have to look it up at the office, where an individual beat a stray cat in Waco with a baseball bat but the court failed to hold the stray cat as an "animal".

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    With so much legal analysis going on in this thread, I figure as a lawyer I owe a duty to straighten out what's being said.

The penal code states
    With animal being defined as

As such, a feral cat is not an "animal" per the statute. There is case law, and I'll have to look it up at the office, where an individual beat a stray cat in Waco with a baseball bat but the court failed to hold the stray cat as an "animal".

You are incorrect.

Sec. 42.092. CRUELTY TO NONLIVESTOCK ANIMALS. (a) In this section:
    (1) "Abandon" includes abandoning an animal in the person's custody without making reasonable arrangements for assumption of custody by another person.
    (2) "Animal" means a domesticated living creature, including any stray or feral cat or dog, and a wild living creature previously captured. The term does not include an uncaptured wild living creature or a livestock animal.
    (3) "Cruel manner" includes a manner that causes or permits unjustified or unwarranted pain or suffering.
    (4) "Custody" includes responsibility for the health, safety, and welfare of an animal subject to the person's care and control, regardless of ownership of the animal.
    (5) "Depredation" has the meaning assigned by Section 71.001, Parks and Wildlife Code.
    (6) "Livestock animal" has the meaning assigned by Section 42.09.
    (7) "Necessary food, water, care, or shelter" includes food, water, care, or shelter provided to the extent required to maintain the animal in a state of good health.
    (8) "Torture" includes any act that causes unjustifiable pain or suffering.
    (b) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly:
    (1) tortures an animal or in a cruel manner kills or causes serious bodily injury to an animal;
    (2) without the owner's effective consent, kills, administers poison to, or causes serious bodily injury to an animal;
    (3) fails unreasonably to provide necessary food, water, care, or shelter for an animal in the person's custody;
    (4) abandons unreasonably an animal in the person's custody;
    (5) transports or confines an animal in a cruel manner;
    (6) without the owner's effective consent, causes bodily injury to an animal;
    (7) causes one animal to fight with another animal, if either animal is not a dog;
    (8) uses a live animal as a lure in dog race training or in dog coursing on a racetrack; or
    (9) seriously overworks an animal.

Ready.Fire.Aim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My favorite is a Lage .22 conversion installed in a full auto M11 with Coastal MIMS suppressor keeping it quiet. Forty rounds at 900 rounds a minute.

I have dozen full auto MG, the M11 is a favorite because of the .22 conversion. I have ten 40 round mags for the conversion and multiple mag dumps is a hoot!

This afternoon for the M11, I bought five 550 boxes of Remington Golden, two bricks of Stingers, a brick of CCI solid LR, over 4000 rounds total. The lady checking me out asked if I was going deer hunting or duck hunting. I told her I was getting ready for Zombies.

grad_student

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2010
    WF
    You are incorrect.

Sec. 42.092. CRUELTY TO NONLIVESTOCK ANIMALS. (a) In this section:
    (1) "Abandon" includes abandoning an animal in the person's custody without making reasonable arrangements for assumption of custody by another person.
    (2) "Animal" means a domesticated living creature, including any stray or feral cat or dog, and a wild living creature previously captured. The term does not include an uncaptured wild living creature or a livestock animal.
    (3) "Cruel manner" includes a manner that causes or permits unjustified or unwarranted pain or suffering.
    (4) "Custody" includes responsibility for the health, safety, and welfare of an animal subject to the person's care and control, regardless of ownership of the animal.
    (5) "Depredation" has the meaning assigned by Section 71.001, Parks and Wildlife Code.
    (6) "Livestock animal" has the meaning assigned by Section 42.09.
    (7) "Necessary food, water, care, or shelter" includes food, water, care, or shelter provided to the extent required to maintain the animal in a state of good health.
    (8) "Torture" includes any act that causes unjustifiable pain or suffering.
    (b) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly:
    (1) tortures an animal or in a cruel manner kills or causes serious bodily injury to an animal;
    (2) without the owner's effective consent, kills, administers poison to, or causes serious bodily injury to an animal;
    (3) fails unreasonably to provide necessary food, water, care, or shelter for an animal in the person's custody;
    (4) abandons unreasonably an animal in the person's custody;
    (5) transports or confines an animal in a cruel manner;
    (6) without the owner's effective consent, causes bodily injury to an animal;
    (7) causes one animal to fight with another animal, if either animal is not a dog;
    (8) uses a live animal as a lure in dog race training or in dog coursing on a racetrack; or
    (9) seriously overworks an animal.

I stand corrected. It seems the copy of the penal code I was looking at omitted that portion.

doublenut9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Troy
    There are several things I like about rimfire. First, I can shoot all day long and not have spent as much money as when my wife and I go out to eat. So it is cheap entertainment. Second, it is quiet and you can shoot in lots more places. Third it is cheap, Fourth it does not kick the shit out of you everytime you fire, so you can fire all day. Fifth it is cheap. Sixth, it is easy to carry, portable, the rounds are light. And Seveth it is cheap!!!

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    • Shoot all day for 20 bucks.
    • Wide variety of .22 LR firearms
    • Highly customizable rifles
    • Not too loud with light ear protection
    • Accurate for amazingly long distances
    • FUN!

mopaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    williamson county
    Steel Plate Challenge is loads of fun with my Ruger MK-II. It allows me to practice multiple target shots. My best run was five targets in 3.09 seconds. Yes, I know that 3.09 for some folks is their worst time!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RafaelQ
    Top Bottom