What did you do today in the world of reloading?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Using the tumbler and SS I got for Christmas to make some brass shiny.

e85d7e5d7305ae191a2a87cf669611fc.jpg
    Make sure and dig out that one 223 case before you run them through the press.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Main thing about plumbing ............................ keep the drainage pipes running down hill, not too much, just enough! :green:

I just realized why I talk so much shit in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldloader

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2014
    Reformed 100 pieces of Remington 30-06 brass to 308. Why waste all that time you say? Ok. Long story, I loaded the 30-06 for my sons M-1 Garand. 1st round blew the primer and the brass nowhere to be found. 2nd round blew the primer and head separated. Full stop!! Brought 'em home and started looking for the problem. Broke some down and all powder charges were to specs for a starting load. OAL was ok. Bought a case gage and they seemed ok for length. Thought about it for a few days, then it dawned on me that I had used a 308 factory crimp die on the bullets!! It's supposed to bump the shell holder to operate, but it is too shrt to get there. I was pushing the shoulders back at least .04". This increased headspace to a dangerous level. Lesson learned. Use the proper tool for the job.
    So, again, why reform to 308? Punishment for being so f...ing stupid!

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    The one primer pocket I can see looks really clean.
    Just from ss and tumbler? Or did you do prior prep to them?

I started with walnut and a vibratory tumbler. Not too impressed. Went to ultrasonic. Pretty impressive. Then I got the rotary tumbler with SS pins. Amazing. I can testify to the quality. Just put it in a room where it won't bother you. Not sure how it can be so efficient, but inside and out, primer pockets and all. Just make sure you get every last SS pin out of the cases. Ultrasonic might be faster and safer in terms of rinse and media separation. I now have the big Hornady tub for doing AR uppers and many gun parts. Might use it for a mega-clean of brass one day just to compare. The small rotary tumblers get bogged down with just 500 or so 9mm cases in my experience.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Sold some brass, dies, and bullets. Also traded a lead pot for a 6 cavity mold. Going to buy a chronograph with my proceeds. Friend of mine has a 44 mag leaver gun and bough berrys plated bullets for it. I need to work up a load that keep them below 1250. Only way im gonna do that is get a chrono and start small.

Tried a new process for powder coating some 9mm and it came out better. Still have a little work to do though before im mass producing them though.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Received a mold in the mail today. Its a little used but the guy threw in a new set of handles with it.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom